crash to desktop all the sudden? Never problems before?

Sangetorix

I've been playing this game for around 3.5 years on two separate machines and I've never had any problems until just today. For whatever reason while in game, it will pause and then promptly CTD. I don't understand. I've never had a problem before and I haven't changed or added anything to my machine. I'm wondering if it's something to do with graphics, but I really just don't know.

And the hoops you have to go through to get help from contacting EA is ridiculous. At least I couldn't find out exactly who to contact. So here I am.

Where do I start to help solve this sudden random problem?

Post here with a dxdiag per here

Initially try a different video driver version , I doubt a game re-install will help with this issue

Can also run a game repair to check files per below

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner.

If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Edited by OwenBrooks

CTDs can be caused by many things:

- corrupted install

- flaky power supply

- driver conflicts (the main cause) - update all your drivers, not just the graphics.

- flaky graphics card (or flaky on-board/on-cpu graphics)

- overheating. Open up the machine and clean the dust out. Make sure all fans are working properly.