TFB Secret Zone

No one has the amulet because there are no confirmed kills of Dreadtooth 5+ stacks

What? I'm sure I heard someone say they had a 2nd Ops group help them (both groups grabbed "Drouk Hunter" somehow) and only 1 Ops group got credit.

I thought there were just no legitimate kills of 5 stack DT. Can someone who +24 manned 5 stack please comment?

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? I'm sure I heard someone say they had a 2nd Ops group help them (both groups grabbed "Drouk Hunter" somehow) and only 1 Ops group got credit.

I thought there were just no legitimate kills of 5 stack DT. Can someone who +24 manned 5 stack please comment?

The issue with Dreadtooth at 5 stacks is that you need to have all Sage healers. The reason for this is because he throws an uncleansable DoT on the DPS that almost requires you to have Salvations thrown down to soak it up. A 24 man group cannot do this alone. A second group full of heavy range DPS and more Sages is required to sit back while the primary group kills it. I've only ever seen one guild try it. They got him down to 10% before they wiped.

The issue with Dreadtooth at 5 stacks is that you need to have all Sage healers. The reason for this is because he throws an uncleansable DoT on the DPS that almost requires you to have Salvations thrown down to soak it up. A 24 man group cannot do this alone. A second group full of heavy range DPS and more Sages is required to sit back while the primary group kills it. I've only ever seen one guild try it. They got him down to 10% before they wiped.

So the mechanic we've got to focus on his DoT. What's the name of it? Maybe there's some datamined involving immunity/protection from it. Just got 4 stack DT down this week so any suggestions for 5 stack are much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Friendly fire has now cleared all raid content we are gearing every member of the guild up , and will be attempting 5 stacks next week when every 1 has masks ... we will let u know how it goes or if u want to watch feel free to come to our web site and im shore we will have some streams up ,

http://friendly-fire.enjin.com/

Has it been confirmed that the mask does *anything*?

Has it been confirmed that the mask does *anything*?

Current rumor is the mask does something with an Amulet, but nobody has seen the amulet yet (and rumor for that is it drops on either 5-6 stacks and/or 7 stacks which nobody has cleared yet)

Edited by Jenemi

you need masks to kill DT at 5 stacks or above...at 10 stacks he supposedly drops the amulet...the amulet is what is rumored to be used in the cave. also only the tanks need the mask

We've been progressing on DT at 5 stacks. As far as we can tell, the masks do absolutely nothing. We had people both with and without the masks, and they were getting hit for just as much. The only potential point where the mask might help (which we haven't tried yet) is negating the two consecutive 18k+ hits that the tank gets right after the swap.

We've been progressing on DT at 5 stacks. As far as we can tell, the masks do absolutely nothing. We had people both with and without the masks, and they were getting hit for just as much. The only potential point where the mask might help (which we haven't tried yet) is negating the two consecutive 18k+ hits that the tank gets right after the swap.

only the tanks need it protects them from the extra dmg during stun.

The amulet thing is only a rumor as well, so we don't know if that would work. But we should at least try it.

Also think the HK part finder should be used in the cave.

the amulet can be found on sites it has been datamined so we know it does exist.

the amulet can be found on sites it has been datamined so we know it does exist.

It's been datamined that Fist Weapons exist as a weapon category, as well as 2 other Flashpoint/Operations, not to mention all of the multitudinous enhancements and mods that exist artefactually but can't actually be gained. Just because it exist in the code somewhere does not meant that it exists within the confines of the game. It just means that, at some point in development, it used to exist and no one bothered to completely clean up the remnants.

It's been datamined that Fist Weapons exist as a weapon category, as well as 2 other Flashpoint/Operations, not to mention all of the multitudinous enhancements and mods that exist artefactually but can't actually be gained. Just because it exist in the code somewhere does not meant that it exists within the confines of the game. It just means that, at some point in development, it used to exist and no one bothered to completely clean up the remnants.

After reading this all I could think of was:

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

XD But in all honesty, Kitru's right. Just because there is something lurking in the code doesn't mean it's actually there for an intelligent reason.

Edited by Voren_Kurn

After searching through the databases of TORHead, I have found several things I think you would all like to see. I believe they were fairly recent additions to the database, as no one had brought them up yet after all the time this thread has been up. A search for the word "Dread" brought up about a trillion results, BUT there was one that surprised me. TORHead reported there being a title with "Dread" in it. I know for a fact that this title isn't in game now. The title is Dread Slayer. http://www.torhead.com/title/145/dread-slayer

Now, I had to figure out where the heck that came from, so I searched for it on teh Googles and it was indicated that you get the title by slaying the dreadful entity (this from DarthHater). A search for this reveals a codex entry on TORHead. I give you.....THE DREADFUL ENTITY! http://www.torhead.com/codex/eNo21aH/dreadful-entity

TORHead tells us that the codex entry is to "Defeat the Dreadful Entity in the Asation Operation".

A secret boss inside the cave? I THINK YES.

Edited by Namende

After searching through the databases of TORHead, I have found several things I think you would all like to see. I believe they were fairly recent additions to the database, as no one had brought them up yet after all the time this thread has been up. A search for the word "Dread" brought up about a trillion results, BUT there was one that surprised me. TORHead reported there being a title with "Dread" in it. I know for a fact that this title isn't in game now. The title is Dread Slayer. http://www.torhead.com/title/145/dread-slayer

Now, I had to figure out where the heck that came from, so I searched for it on teh Googles and it was indicated that you get the title by slaying the dreadful entity (this from DarthHater). A search for this reveals a codex entry on TORHead. I give you.....THE DREADFUL ENTITY! http://www.torhead.com/codex/eNo21aH/dreadful-entity

TORHead tells us that the codex entry is to "Defeat the Dreadful Entity in the Asation Operation".

A secret boss inside the cave? I THINK YES.

Well that seems pretty open and shut. So back to the basics, how do we summon it?

Do we know where Asation is located? Because if Asation = Abeloth's planet http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth%27s_planet then the entity could easily be Abeloth.

Edited by Darslk

Unfortunately, TORHead has no clues as to that, but the Dread Slayer title also showed up in the same bunch of codexes as the "Asation Station" codex which is listed as being achievable only by completing NiM TFB in under 2 hours. This leads me to suspect that, as others have speculated, the cave boss will not be accessible until NiM TFB drops. T_T