Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

Ryvirath

First show and tell! Because people need pictures!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ame99v&s=5

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=htuzqd&s=5

Implants, MH, OH, Chest, Earpiece are crafted lvl 54 purple gear. Two of the pieces have presence. None are optimized and none have augments. Bottom line: Crafted PvE gear is BiS for PvP.

Here's the thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645674

Dev acknowledgement would be nice.

Props to ID for the breakdown.

Edited by Ryvirath

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so that this is clear to everyone, PURPLE CRAFTED PvE gear is WAY BETTER than Conqueror.

This is NOT about Underworld / Arkanian.

The PURPLE CRAFTED PvE gear is getting bolstered as if they are GREEN.

A full set of crafted PvE gear will net around 1500 - 1600 bonus force or tech damage.

This is beyond game breaking. Devs, I implore you to PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

Edited by ParagonAX

This is crazy... :rak_04::D:mad:

We are listening and do care. For what it’s worth I’m a PvPer too. PvP is one of our priorities and we are not going to do away with it.

In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this. This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it

Sure lol! :D

Also: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6378208 "Relic placed in bottom slot not triggering" :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

But 1404/1020 and 2012exp! ;)

Because u stack all power obviously, what is your melee bonus damage because no one gives a flying **** about bonus healing on a shadow. I have also seen several sorcs on my server with force damage around 1100-1200 mark without stacking full power.

It would also be nice to see more detailed pictures on gear, rather than just saying this and this is crafted.

Edited by aVmuse

Because u stack all power obviously, what is your melee bonus damage because no one gives a flying **** about bonus healing on a shadow. I have also seen several sorcs on my server with force damage around 1100-1200 mark without stacking full power.

It would also be nice to see more detailed pictures on gear, rather than just saying this and this is crafted.

Try to hit 1400 force bonus damage as a shadow in full conqueror gear. I dare you.

1100-1200 is a far cry from 1400.

Just....wow.

That said, all of this rage/constructive discussion really needs to go into the PTS thread linked in the OP and keep it active. I'm getting the impression the PvP forum itself doesn't get a ton of dev attention.

great, now i need to go find crafted pve gear to compete in pvp? conqueror gear just came out and its already obsolete? im not sure how much longer i can take these game breaking mistakes .. since 2.0, months ago, its been one problem after the next ..

but on the other hand, the game is F2P and is really a joke in the MMO world.

First show and tell! Because people need pictures!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ame99v&s=5

Implants, MH, OH, Chest, Earpiece are crafted lvl 54 purple gear. Two of the pieces have presence. None are optimized and none have augments. Bottom line: Crafted PvE gear is BiS for PvP.

Here's the thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645674

Dev acknowledgement would be nice.

Weird thing is, when I inspected you in that warzone, all those crafted items showed as greens, not purples.

Waaay messed up.

Edit: Heh, just checked my screenshots, I have a SS of your gear OUTSIDE the wz, still showing as greens. Different chestpiece, so I presume you changed that, but all the other stuff is the same apart from quality color.

Edited by Jherad

This is interesting. Curious about a few details:

Your examples have you using about 6 slots of this gear. Does it continue that a full set, meaning everything is a lvl54 crafted purple - all armorings, mods, etc, would be BiS? And what would your expertise be in that situation?

I guess I'm looking for a complete comparison between a full conqueror set and a full lvl54 set.

Also, as I understand it you're losing some endurance. Would you still wind up ahead if you swapped to Fortitude Augments?

edit: If you do drop below 2004 expertise (or whatever the cap is), I imagine that the best setup would then be enough lvl54 stuff to get to 2004 and the rest conqueror?

Edited by jjmartin

Weird thing is, when I inspected you in that warzone, all those crafted items showed as greens, not purples.

Waaay messed up.

Edit: Heh, just checked my screenshots, I have a SS of your gear OUTSIDE the wz, still showing as greens. Different chestpiece, so I presume you changed that, but all the other stuff is the same apart from quality color.

they show up as greens even thought they are purples. This bug has existed for a really long time throughout the history of the game

they show up as greens even thought they are purples. This bug has existed for a really long time throughout the history of the game

Right, that's my point. It reinforces, and perhaps helps explain, the oddity that the game is not seeing that they are purple quality.

I'd wager that the fix to the old display problem and the new bolster issue are closely related.

Edited by Jherad

This is interesting. Curious about a few details:

Your examples have you using about 6 slots of this gear. Does it continue that a full set, meaning everything is a lvl54 crafted purple - all armorings, mods, etc, would be BiS? And what would your expertise be in that situation?

I guess I'm looking for a complete comparison between a full conqueror set and a full lvl54 set.

Also, as I understand it you're losing some endurance. Would you still wind up ahead if you swapped to Fortitude Augments?

edit: If you do drop below 2004 expertise (or whatever the cap is), I imagine that the best setup would then be enough lvl54 stuff to get to 2004 and the rest conqueror?

You gain armor rating and damage with every piece you can get crafted. Add this to the fact that relic procs are buggy and ideally you'll have 13 pieces of pve gear and 1 piece of pvp gear in a BiS suit.