Please fix Elite War Hero Gear

Shreb

OMG... can this gear be any worse? A lot of them are downgrades for me on both a sage healer and dps trooper. This is pathetic. All the grinding for gear that doesn't help? And the few pieces that are upgrades.... it's marginal at best.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, my friends, is the beginning of the "flattening out of PvP skills" I had read a Dev talk about.

Get used to it. I just hope they don't go full on "cosmetic gear is leetz" route...

It's better for the game. Many people that like WZs leveling don't play them at 50 simply because of gear.

Now that WH is easily obtainable and barely any different from EWH, we'll have more people playing WZs and shorter queue times.

Now if they can just add in a few more WZs. 5 is good, but I hope it's not another 6 or more months before the next is added. They should include one with Makeb.

overall, the progression of stats from WH -> EWH make no sense.

ie my WH Eliminator Helmet gives +Power and +Acc. the EWH version gives +Surge and +Crit. logical progression would have been +1-2 points of the same stat. changing around which pieces offer what stats every single tier of gear only makes it more difficult for players to properly optimize their overall stats. bioware fails at overall stat allocation as well

ie my WH Eliminator Helmet gives +Power and +Acc. the EWH version gives +Surge and +Crit. logical progression would have been +1-2 points of the same stat. changing around which pieces offer what stats every single tier of gear only makes it more difficult for players to properly optimize their overall stats. bioware fails at overall stat allocation as well

That's exactly their point. They want us to spend more time min/max the gear.

That's exactly their point. They want us to spend more time min/max the gear.

The problem isn't the time spent minmaxing. EWH is no more expensive than WH used to be, and needs no more minmaxing. It's that right now even upgrading from stock WH I'm starting to hoard EWH pieces in my inventory because I don't want to put them on until I can balance the stats out. That's stupid.

The EWH pieces should have just contained the same stat types as the stock WH pieces they replaced.

This, my friends, is the beginning of the "flattening out of PvP skills" I had read a Dev talk about.

Get used to it. I just hope they don't go full on "cosmetic gear is leetz" route...

Cosmetic rewards only would be the best thing to happen to pvp. But the problem is that it can't be that way because of other factors.

The problem isn't the time spent minmaxing. EWH is no more expensive than WH used to be, and needs no more minmaxing. It's that right now even upgrading from stock WH I'm starting to hoard EWH pieces in my inventory because I don't want to put them on until I can balance the stats out. That's stupid.

The EWH pieces should have just contained the same stat types as the stock WH pieces they replaced.

Rip out the armor, if the mod/enchant is useless send to cybertech/artifice alt for profit. If not, just insert it.

This doens not work on 5 pieces, 2 of them being relics (which are better anyway). that leaves only 3 out of 14 pieces.

Edited by Graziell

Insane grind, they're too lazy to make new graphics because it's cheaper, they gave in to all the fresh 50's who didn't have any gear and wanted to compete with people who have worked hard for theres. I mean the Implants and Ear pieces, EWH, are horrible compared to WH. Why did you even put them in the game? -69 Power x2 if I upgrade. I have to go back and refarm War Hero Force-Mystic pieces because at the EWH level they're better for me being dps. That's just plain dumb. Whoever thought up the concept of the token system for pvp should be fired. I should be able to pick which piece I want. We should also be able to trade it in at any if we decide to switch specs. I may want to heal someday. So I have to farm another full set of gear? LOL. The people who have worked and PvP'd the hardest and longest should NOT be penalized because someone who just hit 50 and it's their only character doesn't have any gear. I got my face rolled many times back in the spring to people in champion and BM gear.

It's really sad that you and/or EA is all about money now. There's still little things in the game that haven't been fixed since launch, yet you keep releasing new content? LOL. Those little things; i.e - titles, lore, codex entries, mean something to long time subscribers and loyal customers.

Edited by OpeningToEndgame
adadd

There wouldn't need to be a "penalty" on EWH stats if the producers of the PVP segment of the game would open their collective eyes. I've heard the arguments that it's the Devs fault, but Devs are peons in the grand scheme of things. They do what they are told under penalty of unemployment. No offense to Devs, but as a Dev at "Innotech" the parody of the "TPS Report" isn't far off when you have 3 or 4 bosses. Even my immediate supervisor still digs into the code.

There is only one way to fix these issues and that is to scale the queue to valor. Face it, someone who is Valor 100 should not be queuing against someone that is Valor 10. The odds are against someone between valor 1 to 30 who doesn't have the experience to understand the mechanics, much less beat someone who is the upper tier. If a level 50 toon tries to help someone in PVE that is lower level, he gets no experience points at all. Why should it be any different in PVP? If you want to bully low valor players, there should be a penalty for Valor experience and coms. Create an environment where the players are matched closer to valor where skill should be commensurate.

Gaining Valor in PVP should not be penalized for taking the time to gain the prestige of the upper tiers. However, they should be penalized for bullying lower tiered players.

Remove the incentive to faceroll "noobs" and reward those that strive for excellence by tiering the queue. Give the lower tiers time to learn the mechanics, before you throw them to the wolves.

Cosmetic rewards only would be the best thing to happen to pvp. But the problem is that it can't be that way because of other factors.

It would be the end of my sub, that much I know. I don't play SWToR for it's PvE content, so PvP advancement is what I enjoy. Take that away and I may as well be playing GW II.

Stat shifting isvannoying as hell. I think they did it on purpose

There wouldn't need to be a "penalty" on EWH stats if the producers of the PVP segment of the game would open their collective eyes. I've heard the arguments that it's the Devs fault, but Devs are peons in the grand scheme of things. They do what they are told under penalty of unemployment. No offense to Devs, but as a Dev at "Innotech" the parody of the "TPS Report" isn't far off when you have 3 or 4 bosses. Even my immediate supervisor still digs into the code.

There is only one way to fix these issues and that is to scale the queue to valor. Face it, someone who is Valor 100 should not be queuing against someone that is Valor 10. The odds are against someone between valor 1 to 30 who doesn't have the experience to understand the mechanics, much less beat someone who is the upper tier. If a level 50 toon tries to help someone in PVE that is lower level, he gets no experience points at all. Why should it be any different in PVP? If you want to bully low valor players, there should be a penalty for Valor experience and coms. Create an environment where the players are matched closer to valor where skill should be commensurate.

Gaining Valor in PVP should not be penalized for taking the time to gain the prestige of the upper tiers. However, they should be penalized for bullying lower tiered players.

Remove the incentive to faceroll "noobs" and reward those that strive for excellence by tiering the queue. Give the lower tiers time to learn the mechanics, before you throw them to the wolves.

VALOR DOES NOT EQUATE TO A PLAYER'S SKILL/ABILITY

I've seen folks walking around with Elite Warhero tags that are worthless in PVP and fresh 50's who knock it out of the park. Q matching based on valor rank just isn't a good idea at all.

p.s. one additional comment. I have a lvl 41 PT (my 6 toon) that will have full WH set when he hits 50 and only have valor rank 50. Under your system, I'd be placed in Q with other fresh 50's still in recruit gear. Would I then proceed to faceroll them?????

Edited by thefishdude

VALOR DOES NOT EQUATE TO A PLAYER'S SKILL/ABILITY

I've seen folks walking around with Elite Warhero tags that are worthless in PVP and fresh 50's who knock it out of the park. Q matching based on valor rank just isn't a good idea at all.

DING DING DING!!! Those that excel would get valor quicker and move up the tier faster. Those that don't won't scale through the gauntlet of tiers.

p.s. one additional comment. I have a lvl 41 PT (my 6 toon) that will have full WH set when he hits 50 and only have valor rank 50. Under your system, I'd be placed in Q with other fresh 50's still in recruit gear. Would I then proceed to faceroll them?????

No you wouldn't, under my system you would be place in a valor 50 tier, VALOR NOT LEVEL, GET IT???

Learn to think outside the box, it will get you farther in life. Unless you want to live on a thin line.

Edited by iSoldat

Learn to think outside the box, it will get you farther in life. Unless you want to live on a thin line.

Too cute.

DING DING DING!!! Those that excel would get valor quicker and move up the tier faster. Those that don't won't scale through the gauntlet of tiers.

This is just not a true statement. I could be the best pvper in the world, but if I'm on a team full of puggles, then I'd lose all the time and my valor rank wouldn't "move up the tier faster"

No you wouldn't, under my system you would be place in a valor 50 tier, VALOR NOT LEVEL, GET IT???

Apparently you don't pvp a lot, because if I start pvping at lvl 10, the valor rank stays pretty much on par with my level. Right now, I'm level 41 and my valor rank is level 41; so, when I hit level 50 my valor rank will also be level 50. So, my statement is true. When I hit 50 (both level and valor), I'll have full WH going up against fresh 50's with only recruit. That only makes me a better geared person and not a better pvper.

Edited by thefishdude

VAlor isn't really a good indicator of how well you perform in PvP. You can personally be terrible but as long as your team wins you get a pretty decent amount of valor. Also not everyone saves comms pre-50 or even PvP's.

I basically did zero PvP on my Commando until I got to 50. So if I have valor 15 at level 50 what bracket do I go in? I'm not going to pretend I could devise a functioning matchmaking algo but using valor just wouldn't really work as well as something more comprehensive.

And for telling someone to think outside the box saying "Just use valor" isn't exactly an a new idea.

He's telling you the truth.

Valor ranking =/= Skill

It's WAY too easy to game the system if that kind of queue sorting got implemented.

E.G.

1) Level an alt purely on PvE

2) When you hit 50, have your other 50's send a full set of WH to the new guy.

3) Queue with 0 valor but geared in WH

4) Profit

It is YOU who doesn't think outside the box.

Too cute.

This is just not a true statement. I could be the best pvper in the world, but if I'm on a team full of puggles, then I'd lose all the time and my valor rank wouldn't "move up the tier faster"

Apparently you don't pvp a lot, because if I start pvping at lvl 10, the valor rank stays pretty much on par with my level. Right now, I'm level 41 and my valor rank is level 41; so, when I hit level 50 my valor rank will also be level 50. So, my statement is true. When I hit 50 (both level and valor), I'll have full WH going up against fresh 50's with only recruit. That only makes me a better geared person and not a better pvper.

No you wouldn't. If you begin pvp at level 10 and hit level 50 with 50 valor you would be in a 50 valor tier with whatever gear your accumulated coms buy you. Somone who hit level 50 without pvping would begin at valor 1 in a lowby tier with recruit gear, get it yet?

VALOR DOES NOT GO UP WITH LEVEL AND NOT EVERYONE IS ON A PVP SERVER!!! Some of us group with PVE/RP guilds. PVP ON A PVE SERVER is secondary to most of us. It does not mean we don't understand team and team mechanics. PVP is a filler while waiting for Guild raids/events.

It's really not that difficult to understand. Valor does not equate to level. Valor equates to time and effort. Low Valor equals less time and effort equals recruit gear. High Valor equals vaste effort and time equals higher quality gear. Get it yet?

ITT: Elitists crying about their gear advantages being taken away, and having to rely on their own skills to succeed.

PS: I've got 1390 expertise and am glad to see this change.

anybody can get ewh. there's no elitism involved. you could be horribad and still grind comms. the issue is that the new tier - particularly the implants from what I've seen and heard - are significantly worse in terms of main stat and priority stats than the wh gear. why wouldn't someone be upset about the fact that the next tier of gear is worse than the current one? gear chasing is all that pvp has to offer. it's how the game is structured. not all pvp games are so structured, but swtor is. however, the gear that we're supposed to chase is usually worse than the gear we already have. that has nothing whatever to do with elitism.

in addition, the stat priorities with in the same set (e.g., eliminator) change from one tier to the next, which means you may have to go all the way back to combat tech to get the right gloves instead of the eliminator set you've been using. again, i'm not sure how it's elitist to want the stats to make sense from tier to tier in the same sets/collections.

Edited by foxmob

Upgrading from stock BM to WH Pre 1.6 would be a downgrade a lot because STAT WEIGHTING CHANGES. Just get used to it. Saying it's dumb that they want you to spend time playing is like saying it's dumb that they require you to grind! It's not stupid per se, it's just different from what you're used to. All in all, the requirement of a grind is stupid, games are meant for fun.

Now just suck it up or unsub.

He's telling you the truth.

Valor ranking =/= Skill

It's WAY too easy to game the system if that kind of queue sorting got implemented.

E.G.

1) Level an alt purely on PvE

2) When you hit 50, have your other 50's send a full set of WH to the new guy.

3) Queue with 0 valor but geared in WH

4) Profit

It is YOU who doesn't think outside the box.

No, I get it, but you are thinking in a straight line. Who's to say that my idea doesn't tie gear to Valor ranking. A valor 1 person would not be able to equip WH/EWH because he/she hasn't put in the time and effort.

You are correct in that if they didn't do something about twinks, the current system would allow the twink to dominate, but if the gear was set to valor... However, if the twink did dominate, wouldn't he/she out-valor the tier and be unable to dominate lowbies? With my idea the high valor players would not be given the option of queuing with lowbies, just their current tiered range.

My idea isn't perfect, but it sounds like you are ok with the current system. I'm sure there would have to be tweeks along the way. But if you can't think that far ahead, it's your problem, not mine.

Here is the idea, it's not something that needs to be set in stone and is something that "we" as a community can expand on. Attempting to berat someone because you don't get it... grow up.

(Note: This is just an example and not to be taken as the end all be all... it could be 1 to 5 or 1 to 30 to start.)

Queue Tiers to a Valor Range e. g.

• 1 to 20 (recruit)
  • 21 to 40 (battlemaster)
  • etc. (WH)

Tie PVP gear to valor, not level.