stealth for pve is useless

cefert

If I recall, there is a skill point and ability (in the 20s) that will make you harder to detect as well. Stealth in PvE is mostly just to skip a lot of trash clearing, which honestly you should not do, most of those mobs trigger bonus quests, some chain into good exp / rewards :D

Normally I'd say yes, but I PvP regularly so I am over leveled already. So skipping the trash mobs is money in the bank for me. But if you at planet level I don't recommend skipping bonuses and such. Stealth in my books works exactly as intended if it was: bam, stealth completely invisible. I could essentially solo most if not all Heroics just by bypassing most of the mobs.

Stealth is awesome.

Having gone through planets in my Shadow, Operative, Jugg, Sage, and Commando, I can say that stealth abilities can easily halve the amount of time it takes to complete a quest or area. Trash mobs are the devil. For heroics, stealth can be the difference between finishing it in an hour and finishing it in seven minutes.

Running dailies on my Commando can be a pain on Makeb and Onicron as those planets are packed with same level mobs.

Edited by MCaliban

Personally, I had the problem of stealth working too well. My first character was an operative and I ended up stealthing around so much on her that I skipped too many fodder/kill quests and was always too low for class missions and had to go back and do more side missions/grinding. When I went around on my bounty hunter she was always getting dismounted and aggroing groups but it made it easier to stay level appropriate (again, almost too well, I outleveled most of the class missions by the time I got to them on her.)

People have already given good tips on how to stealth more effectively, just use it in moderation unless you plan to supplement experience while questing.

I love stealth for PvE. I hate fighting mobs over and over again (especially when I have already fought them). I honestly don't really look forward to playing other characters without stealth because of this reason.

Also, I agree. I did a Heroic 4+ mission on Hoth with a level 48....it was great....