Official response demanded

Jargonaut

I joined this game to PvP. I'm not quite bored of constant warzones yet where I'm keeping myself occupied while I hope for some miracle fix for the bad joke that is Ilum.

Ilum has been left unfixed and on some servers people have started openly kill trading. Bioware CSR responds to reports by saying that it is not an exploit and considered legitimate PvP! That is the last nail in the coffin. Is it time to wrap it up and look for a game managed by a credible company who have a clue? If kill trading starts happening on my server I'm off because that's my last hope of any decent gameplay gone.

Bioware need to do 2 things:

1: Give an official position on the act of kill trading in Ilum before it spreads to other servers and becomes widely "acceptable".

2: State what modifications they are working on to fix the broken Ilum mechanics and when.

Bioware seem to have a policy of not responding directly to community comments so if you want to let Bioware know that this is an issue you think is important and needs attention and see a response sooner rather than not at all please /sign and keep this topic visible.

Edited by Jargonaut

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the benefit of kill trading?

I don't go to Illum anymore. Mind elaborating on the harm?

Firstly; all hope of actual fun game play in Ilum will go out of the window. You will simply turn up, join an ops group and queue up to take turns killing the opposition to grind valor until you are too bored to keep doing it. Anyone that attempts to actually PvP will end up getting ranted at in /1 for interupting the farming.

Secondly; any legitimate valor gains will become meaningless.

benefit? battlemaster in one/two days... valor.... what means also gear.....far before those who actually doing it in right way at wz's or fighting with enemies who actually defend them selves.

thats retarded system which actually puting all those with battlemaster title into bad view ..cause you supposed to feel respect to players who spended a lots of time in pvp(real one) and achived this title...but in fact you actually can treat them as common noobs who know nothing about real pvp... and for sure there are somewhere real battlemasters..... so how much is worth their title now? nothing..... at this point I dont see any reason why anybody would like to spend hundrets of hours at war zones in order to get his battlemaster title and gear since war zones pvp is not fun at all...just brainless zerging weaker team.

benefit? battlemaster in one/two days...

Really?!?!

You are claiming you can get from Valor rank 1 to Valor rank 60 in 1 or 2 days?!?!

BS!!!

To use a phrase all of you seem to love.......

Screenshots of a Valor rank 1 with time and date, and the same character within 1 or 2 days being Valor rank 60 or you are just pulling out of your rear.

Sounds like somebody wasn't invited to the kill trading group on his server.

This wasn't pointed at me, but if i may?

If i was invited to a kill trading group i would decline.. i don't pay $15 a month to play whack-a-mole, or dress up barbie, i pay to enjoy some pvp.

If the developers don't have enough pride in thier product to stop people from doing this, i guess i'll just take my money elsewhere.

Well what can we do, we got devs that knowa nothing about good pvp.

They refuse to answear questions and cant fix ilum.

And the list on pvp bugs and exploits is huge.And they actually say kill trading is ok ?

Cant really expect more from a game company that have only made singelplayer games.

Well all i know is there is another real pvp mmo coming this year...

The way i see it, on my sever it doesnt happen so i dont really care. And by the time they add cross sever pvp, everyone will be rank 100 anyways

And they will soon had ranked pvp, so they will actually have titled based on your ranked postion, so the Battlemaster title + onwards will become useless, i feel sorry for those sad people that win-trade, quite literally, wasting their lifes doing a 100% completely meaningless task

P.S Im nearly rank 64 and i did it through WZ's. And since this doesnt happen on my sever since we actually enjoy doing ilum, everyone who has the BM title i know as a good player

Valor gains will be meaningless once we all get to 60 anyways.

Then remove it from the game?

Or do you think maybe it could have some fiture benefit that isn't in the game yet?

I know that would require actual communication from the PvP team to verify, and the odds of that... well...

what am i thinking....?

If i was invited to a kill trading group i would decline.. i don't pay $15 a month to play whack-a-mole, or dress up barbie, i pay to enjoy some pvp.

If the developers don't have enough pride in thier product to stop people from doing this, i guess i'll just take my money elsewhere.

The fact of the matter is "kill trading" as some like to call it is an unintended use of the game's own system, it's like me using a toothbrush to polish my boots. It's may not have been intended to be used in such a manner, but it's efficient and does it well.

Still, I don't believe people should be told how to or how not to PvP. Should I be banned for running through a WZ naked? What if I take a break from killing Repubic players and use /s for a nice long chat? Should I be banned for refusing to attack members of the opposite faction?

Better and more efficient ways of gaining Valor would eliminate this "issue". The majority of the PvPing playerbase being at Valor 60 will eliminate this issue, though that is a ways away.

Then remove it from the game?

Or do you think maybe it could have some fiture benefit that isn't in the game yet?

I know that would require actual communication from the PvP team to verify, and the odds of that... well...

what am i thinking....?

No, I mean it in the sense that once you hit valor 60, you have access to all the best PvP gear and are no longer compelled to do whatever it takes to get there. "Kill trading" essentially is a means to an end, a very efficient way to get to valor 60.

The problem with valor 60 at the moment is the best way to do it is to cooperate with members of the opposing faction, something that is looked down upon because not everyone is doing it. If everyone had friends and was in a guild and was motivated enough to do it, no one would be crying.

The fact of the matter is "kill trading" as some like to call it is an unintended use of the game's own system, it's like me using a toothbrush to polish my boots. It's may not have been intended to be used in such a manner, but it's efficient and does it well.

Still, I don't believe people should be told how to or how not to PvP. Should I be banned for running through a WZ naked? What if I take a break from killing Repubic players and use /s for a nice long chat? Should I be banned for refusing to attack members of the opposite faction?

Better and more efficient ways of gaining Valor would eliminate this "issue". The majority of the PvPing playerbase being at Valor 60 will eliminate this issue, though that is a ways away.

You wouldnt rob a bank because it a more * efficient* way to earn money would you?

This is an MMORPG. This isnt COD where you spawn lock people. The community matters here.

I joined this game to PvP. I'm not quite bored of constant warzones yet where I'm keeping myself occupied while I hope for some miracle fix for the bad joke that is Ilum.

Ilum has been left unfixed and on some servers people have started openly kill trading. Bioware CSR responds to reports by saying that it is not an exploit and considered legitimate PvP! That is the last nail in the coffin. Is it time to wrap it up and look for a game managed by a credible company who have a clue? If kill trading starts happening on my server I'm off because that's my last hope of any decent gameplay gone.

Bioware need to do 2 things:

1: Give an official position on the act of kill trading in Ilum before it spreads to other servers and becomes widely "acceptable".

2: State what modifications they are working on to fix the broken Ilum mechanics and when.

Bioware seem to have a policy of not responding directly to community comments so if you want to let Bioware know that this is an issue you think is important and needs attention and see a response sooner rather than not at all please /sign and keep this topic visible.

Given the pop imbalances, it should be acceptable, since otherwise on most servers it's just a zerg where Imps get theirs and Repubs get the shaft.

You wouldnt rob a bank because it a more * efficient* way to earn money would you?

This is an MMORPG. This isnt COD where you spawn lock people. The community matters here.

"The Community" is full of the lowest-common-denominator. People will *always* .. *ALWAYS* take the path of least resistance.

Thankfully, Battlemaster is just about meaningless, so who cares?

a 2% stat upgrade over champion gear that you can get regardless of your rank.

WOO. HOO.

If it's even an upgrade. My Battlemaster is so poorly itemized i have to yank the level 58 enhancements and replace them with level 50 crafted ones so the gear isnt compelete trash.

People get their panties in a twist over the dumbest things, sometimes.

Battlemaster doesn't and never did, mean anything.

Look, if thats what you want to do, knock yourself out.

If however, this is how Bioware is going to implement PvP in thier game, from "some of the most experienced PVP developers in the world", then I' will look elsewhere for my PvP fix.

You can justify doing this all you like, but its a pretty damn poor PvP system, and gives me little hope for what they could do to make this an enjoyable PvP game.

Edited by Tic-

"The Community" is full of the lowest-common-denominator. People will *always* .. *ALWAYS* take the path of least resistance.

Thankfully, Battlemaster is just about meaningless, so who cares?

a 2% stat upgrade over champion gear that you can get regardless of your rank.

WOO. HOO.

If it's even an upgrade. My Battlemaster is so poorly itemized i have to yank the level 58 enhancements and replace them with level 50 crafted ones so the gear isnt compelete trash.

Battlemaster doesn't and never did, mean anything.

Have u heard about ranks 70, 80, 90 and 100? its not about gettin battlemaster easily its about exploiting the game farming valor wihout pvp and even with all the proofs yet BW dont do anything.

Do you think ppl will farm valor exploiting just to hit BM? If they dont punish em and fix the valor gain issue on ilum they will keep farming it until 100 cuz its easy, stupid and unfair to who put lots of time pvping to get ur rank legitimate.

Edited by thiagorib

PvP is meant to involve skill, strategy and actually be a fun way to spend your game time. What some people are doing on some servers right now is akin to playing monopoly, giving each other stacks of £500 notes so they can have maxed out hotels and going "I am the landlord daddy". It's pathetic, pointles and a waste of time.

Get out of our pvp zone.

Edited by Jargonaut

Have u heard about ranks 70, 80, 90 and 100? its not about gettin battlemaster easily its about exploiting the game farming valor wihout pvp and even with all the proofs yet BW dont do anything.

Do you think ppl will farm valor exploiting just to hit BM? If they dont punish em and fix the valor gain issue on ilum they will keep farming it until 100 cuz its easy, stupid and unfair to who put lots of time pvping to get ur rank legitimate.

...okay, so theyll farm up an equally meaningless higher rank that gives them not even the 2% benefit that Battlemaster does.

Whoopity doo.

Theyre free to waste their time chasing useless ranks. Doesn't bother me.

No, I mean it in the sense that once you hit valor 60, you have access to all the best PvP gear and are no longer compelled to do whatever it takes to get there. "Kill trading" essentially is a means to an end, a very efficient way to get to valor 60.

The problem with valor 60 at the moment is the best way to do it is to cooperate with members of the opposing faction, something that is looked down upon because not everyone is doing it. If everyone had friends and was in a guild and was motivated enough to do it, no one would be crying.

What a sad state of affairs MMOs have become....

People actually are willing to pay for this type of game progression. Essentially beating each over the head with clubs, while standing there, and enjoying it, apparently.

And they find this acceptable development of their genre'.

PvP is meant to involve skill, strategy and actually be a fun way to spend your game time. What some people are doing on some servers right now is akin to playing monopoly, giving each other stacks of £500 notes so they can have maxed out hotels and going "I am the landlord daddy". It's pathetic, pointles and a waste of time.

Get out of our pvp zone.

It isn't a PvP zone. Its a zerg zone.

World PvP is the problem with World PvP.

It's not about strategy. It's about being zerged or getting your zerg on. It's been that way in every game that featured it, all the way back to UO. World PvP is inherrently buggy and zergy. You cant make it otherwise.

I might add - im not doing this, because if you didnt read the rest of my post (im guessing you didnt) - i dont really care about Uselessmaster. It doesn't do anything.

Im rank 48, all on my own with almost no time spent valor farming in Illum - only what it takes me to do my weekly, one day a week.

Ill get to 60 eventually - im sure - but i dont really care. It's so meaninglessly underwhelming, i cant believe you guys get stressed about it.

I *really* cant believe you're stressed about Ilum. There's never going to be "strategy" there. One side will have more people. That side will zerg the other back into their base or a spawn point. That's the reality of World PvP.

Enjoy it.

As for the valor farming?

Who. Cares.

It doesnt give you anything worth getting your panties twisted over.

But dude real PvP on Illum is a joke - you may as well kill trade to get valor and do your daily then be done with it - The problem is not kill trading its the layout of Illum - most imperials just camp the base like idiots anyways