Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.5 Fleet DPS Parses

Cuiwe
10.27.2017 , 05:47 PM | #1
So, I decided to try some Disciplines out on Gav Daragon. These are results from lvl 70 characters using a bolsterizer with lvl 65 greens. But don't mind the level of AMEs, but rather the consistency of results. And here are my findings:

GUARDIAN:

Vigilance: 7000 - 7400 dps.
Focus: 7100 - 7700 dps.

SENTINEL:

Watchman: 7200 dps
Combat: n / a (I ... can't do this)
Concentration: 7400-7800 dps

SAGE:

Telekinectics: 6650 dps(6500 - 6800 dps)
Balance: 7000 - 7300 dps

SHADOW:

n/a

COMMANDO:

n/a

VANGUARD:

Tactics: 6750 dps
PlasmaTech: 6250 dps

GUNSLINGER:

Sharpshooter: 8000 - 8200 dps
Saboteur: 7600 dps
Dirty Fighting: ~7400 dps

SCOUNDREL:

n/a

I'll edit further this post as I finish the tests and with further commentaries. Some of these are...interesting to say at least.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Equeliber
10.27.2017 , 06:01 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
lvl 70 characters using a bolsterizer with lvl 65 greens.
And the point of this is?

Your numbers are already quite off from real parse DPS distribution, don't bother with other specs, mate, seriously.

And we can't even know if your rotations were good at all or not.

Cuiwe
10.28.2017 , 03:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
And the point of this is?

Your numbers are already quite off from real parse DPS distribution, don't bother with other specs, mate, seriously.

And we can't even know if your rotations were good at all or not.
Hey! No need to be rude, obnoxious, condescending and commanding! It'll accomplish nothing.

If you want to know, I used the rotations from dulfy swtor. They usually work, so I don't doubt they did here as well.

And about "not enough iLvl" complaint: I've a hunch that the only thing that would change are the numbers, the orderings would stay the same.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

ottffsse
10.28.2017 , 03:31 AM | #4
GUNSLINGER:

Sharpshooter: 8000 - 8200 dps
Saboteur: 7500 dps
Dirty Fighting: ~7400 dps

I'll edit further this post as I finish the tests and with further commentaries. Some of these are...interesting to say at least.
Just the slingers parses tell me that no matter how good your intentions, your rotations and APMs on the different specs are probably suspect. Sabo and Dirty Fighting deal at least 3-4% more than ss/mm when parses properly.

Maybe these "tests" are an accurate reflection of a casual player dabbling with different specs but these show nothing for raiders who have mastered their respective specs and know from parsing experience what the cap on damage output for their spec is.

Cuiwe
10.28.2017 , 05:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
Just the slingers parses tell me that no matter how good your intentions, your rotations and APMs on the different specs are probably suspect. Sabo and Dirty Fighting deal at least 3-4% more than ss/mm when parses properly.

Maybe these "tests" are an accurate reflection of a casual player dabbling with different specs but these show nothing for raiders who have mastered their respective specs and know from parsing experience what the cap on damage output for their spec is.
But how is it possible? Maybe set procs or something(I don't have those).

I ran it multiple times. Every single time, SS beat Sab and DF soundly. At one point I even had like 9000 dps parse on SS.

And I don't aim for "mastery". Because I don't even raid(pointless run on the treadmill). But using what others suggest, this is what happens. Also, they are very much dummy tests(who cares about those, real situations matter). And even in a real situation, top of the line performance isn't really needed(even on NiM).

But I'm doing this mostly for myself. I wanted to share, but..."**** other people"(Sartre paraphrased), right?

ottffsse
10.28.2017 , 06:26 AM | #6
But how is it possible? Maybe set procs or something(I don't have those).

I ran it multiple times. Every single time, SS beat Sab and DF soundly. At one point I even had like 9000 dps parse on SS.

And I don't aim for "mastery". Because I don't even raid(pointless run on the treadmill). But using what others suggest, this is what happens. Also, they are very much dummy tests(who cares about those, real situations matter). And even in a real situation, top of the line performance isn't really needed(even on NiM).

But I'm doing this mostly for myself. I wanted to share, but..."**** other people"(Sartre paraphrased), right?
well ss is an easier rotation to do than the other 2 all I know that in terms of "average" on parsely df and eng's average and max dps on dummy is somewhat higher than ss. it is easier to get good results with it out of the gate while the other two especially df require some practice to get a really high parse.

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

Equeliber
10.29.2017 , 09:16 AM | #7
If you are looking at Starparse DPS when combat ends then every single DoT spec will be underperforming on your tests. Dummies on Fleet don't have fixed HP - that's the issue. So they don't die. When you stop hitting them as a Dot spec, the DoTs still tick for like 10 seconds depending on duration left. Starparse still counts the DPS but you basically do no DPS in these last seconds.

But for Burst specs combat ends almost instantly after you stop fighting. So burst specs will almost always be better than DoT in your tests.

Another thing, you are not using all the raid debuffs, so specs like Lightning are underperforming in your tests because of no Armor reduction debuff which is huge for them.

And lastly, without seeing the logs we just need to "trust" that you perform well with every single spec? Even if you learned the rotation from dulfy how can we know if you deliver the right APM?

Sorry but again, these tests are useless.

RikuvonDrake
10.29.2017 , 02:17 PM | #8
I don't think that you should draw any conclusions at all from these results, apart from perhaps that you need to familiarize yourself with the classes, rotations and how parsing works. That said, there is always a need for more people to involve themselves with theorycrafting and maybe as you start learning the basics and become more knowledgeable you can make a valuable contribution

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

doohickeyexpress
10.31.2017 , 09:24 PM | #9
Hey! No need to be rude, obnoxious, condescending and commanding! It'll accomplish nothing.

If you want to know, I used the rotations from dulfy swtor. They usually work, so I don't doubt they did here as well.

And about "not enough iLvl" complaint: I've a hunch that the only thing that would change are the numbers, the orderings would stay the same.
Well his avatar is HK, so we can "infer" where he gets his attitude from.

Hehe, I'm just playing.
FREE week of subscription!
Rewards for you and me. Activate my referral link today for UNLIMITED POWER!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mf38Jz

Equeliber
11.01.2017 , 08:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by doohickeyexpress View Post
Well his avatar is HK, so we can "infer" where he gets his attitude from.

Hehe, I'm just playing.
I was just stating facts. Well, HK also does just that.