Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix alacrity

thirtydollars
10.23.2017 , 11:32 PM | #11
Oh please. The fact that alacrity lowers the GCD at all is huge boon to instant spamming classes over cast reliant classes.

yellow_
10.24.2017 , 01:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
Oh please. The fact that alacrity lowers the GCD at all is huge boon to instant spamming classes over cast reliant classes.
How so? A shorter GCD on instants and faster cast speeds are completely analogous to each other. The former just keeps the stat on par in value with the latter (well, it would, if it was working correctly).

Eli_Porter
10.24.2017 , 01:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by THAT_EPIC_GUY View Post
You realise that with these thresholds, min-maxers have essentially 4 toys to play with; no alac, the 1st threshold, the 2nd threshold and the 3rd (I think you can reach it?). This is heavily limiting on what you can actually do. Min-maxers get more freedom if the stat works correctly at any alacrity value as the 'toys' are vastly greater in number.
Before it was well-known, people just went for a certain threshold of crit and put the rest in alacrity. Not exactly freedom.

Now we get to reach a certain threshold in alacrity and put the rest in crit, or reach a certain threshold in crit and a different kind of threshold in alacrity and put the rest in mastery/power. Alacrity past the thresholds still has benefits for insta-cast classes like force regen, so it's not useless past the threshold either. Then you also have classes like combat sentinel which require a different threshold for alacrity.

I prefer systems that give you clear thresholds for clear benefits and disadvantages instead of having you manage stat meters to very slightly improve your DPS.

thirtydollars
10.24.2017 , 03:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
How so? A shorter GCD on instants and faster cast speeds are completely analogous to each other. The former just keeps the stat on par in value with the latter (well, it would, if it was working correctly).
Because casting is limited by movement, while instant spamming can maximize every GCD by just mashing buttons.

Also, I need 15% alacrity just to compensate for animation delay after moving.

HanSollo
10.24.2017 , 11:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
It would be if they synched the way they should. But the problem is they don't. You can very easily find yourself having an empty GCD slot becuase you have executed all your moves but everything is stll on CD.

AlrikFassbauer
10.28.2017 , 10:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
It is giving a further potential advantage to melee specs over rdps specs which is a shame considering rdps mostly are already adjusted bellow melee dps output as is.
I do know that I'm a really bad player, but to do Uprisings and FPs with ALL melee group members usually defeating everything before I even can do a full channel of my best sharpshooter's main skills is outright frustrating. Almost every time I have the thought "NOW I can fionally contribute to them !", everything is already gone or short before that. In Uprisings, I often trail behind like a lost mosquito, trying to sting mobs and adds which are already not there anymore. Thanks to my melee group members.

I'm actively wondering if I should go the melee route as well.

Edit : Oh, Grammar ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

ottffsse
10.28.2017 , 03:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I do know that I'm a really bad player, but to do Uprisings and FPs with ALL melee group members usually defeating everything before I even can do a full channel of my best sharpshooter's main skills is outright frustrating. Almost every time I have the thought "NOW I can fionally contribute to them !", everything is already gone or short before that. In Uprisings, I often trail behind like a lost mosquito, trying to sting mobs and adds which are already not there anymore. Thanks to my melee group members.

I'm actively wondering if I should go the melee route as well.

Edit : Oh, Grammar ...
well in general on stuff like that on sharpshooter you just precast freighter flyby and then use suppresive fire or whatever it is called on ss. use cool head if you run out of energy or rapid shot, repeat. you dont't really need your hard hitting single target channels unless going against a flashpoint or ops boss.

AlrikFassbauer
10.28.2017 , 03:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
well in general on stuff like that on sharpshooter you just precast freighter flyby and then use suppresive fire or whatever it is called on ss.
This is new to me.l To be honest, I was never must into precasting

Quote:
use cool head if you run out of energy or rapid shot
I already do that.

Quote:
repeat. you dont't really need your hard hitting single target channels unless going against a flashpoint or ops boss.
Yes, I agree, but I was talking about FPs and Uprisings aready.
In UPPs, there's really no need for that with the mobs, I agree, but in FPs it's sometimes still needed.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Eloi_BG
11.01.2017 , 03:18 PM | #19
Bumpity bump

Can you guys (you guys = Eric/Keith/or anyone from dev team) at least acknowledge the issue and say something about it?
Nemio the Acceptable Player