Why you need to nerf Sorcs NOW, Bioware!

jenlen

• Remove their bubble, my class doesn't have one. This isn't fair.
  • Remove their Force Barrier (God Mode), my class doesn't have one.
  • Do not allow Force Speed to break roots, because I need them to hold still.
  • Make their Force Storm use 99% of their Force and please nerf the damage to 10% of present damage. Their AoE is unfair.
  • OMG remove their ability to Stun Bubble. This is so unfair it's like the stun grenades that I have to craft or pay for and spam everywhere in a warzone. They should have to buy these too!
  • Why not just take away Force Speed. I am tired of chasing them down. Make them hold still so I can kill them!
  • Nerf Demolish, Creeping Terror, and Affliction. Make them all removable and do 50% of their present damage.
  • OMG remove Death Field. It hits too many players for too much damage!
  • No more Thundering Blast while moving. They should be a Turret Class (as God intended them to be! Can I get an Amen?) and that means they should not be able to cast ANYTHING while moving, ever!
  • No Sorc should ever win a 1 vs 1 against a Melee, that is just silly. The battle should end with the Sorc dead and myself at maybe 80% health, duh. Any other result means the Sorc is OP.

Matter of fact, why not just return them to the joke of a class they were when you nerfed them hard not long after launch?

/s

:rak_03:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP many of the suggestion you quoted were stupid and hyperbole. Some were serious when they stated them. Sorcs were not a joke of s class leading up to 3.0. Madness was extremely strong. Lightning and corruption needed some help. The devs over did it with 3.0, especially with lightning. They do not need stupid nerfs, but they do need some tweaks to bring them in line again.

"Waahh dont nerf my OP class cause I like facerolling my way to 3mil damage in voidstar waahhh".

I believe sorcs are op, but stating an overall damage number achievement is not the best way to go about complainig about them. Others can do that much damage. It is not their damage that is a problem.

OP many of the suggestion you quoted were stupid and hyperbole. Some were serious when they stated them. Sorcs were not a joke of s class leading up to 3.0. Madness was extremely strong. Lightning and corruption needed some help. The devs over did it with 3.0, especially with lightning. They do not need stupid nerfs, but they do need some tweaks to bring them in line again.

I have to say, since I now play a lightning sorc... I totally DISAGREE with your post. they are just fine now, in fact they work almost as good as PT/VGs do in pvp! I think they actually need more burst though, two sorcs on a healing class should be able to burst them down in .00001 secs like PT/VGs do. Then, it would be fair.

As it stands now though, their burst is "ok", and their AE is good for putting up nice numbers if people are dumb enough to stand bunched up together in a 6 second channeled ability waving HI to the sorc casting force storm on them. Who would ever think that interrupting force storm could be so hard?

Madness is weaker than it was pre 3.0 for everything except spreading around weak healable damage (and self heals wohoo!). I personally find the spec to be a boring in its current state. Of course, it could change at 60, I didn't bother to level past 56.

Edited by Ashanor

Madness is weaker than it was pre 3.0 for everything except spreading around weak healable damage (and self heals wohoo!). I personally find the spec to be a boring in its current state. Of course, it could change at 60, I didn't bother to level past 56.

Lightning is better than madness is now. I think a lot of the complaining is actually about lightning not madness. Madness dots can still hit quite hard, but not as hard as before. I guess they gave up some of that power for better self healing.

I still have fun on madness. Demolish hits pretty hard. You should at least get to 57. Won't make a huge difference, but will make some.

Edited by Saikochoro

Lightning is better than madness is now. I think a lot of the complaining is actually about lightning not madness. Madness dots can still hit quite hard, but not as hard as before. I guess they gave up some of that power for better self healing.

I still have fun on madness. Demolish hits pretty hard. You should at least get to 57. Won't make a huge difference, but will make some.

Meh, maybe I will level a bit more and see how it is some day. Having fun on other classes currently.

The only thing that needs to be nerfed is Forcestorm. Its extremely stupid how much damage it does for an AOE spell. There was a episode in another game... cough... wow... cough when a class had an aoe spell in their single target rotation and it got nerfed by 60%. Did it make an uproar? Yes, it did. Was it deserved? Probably yes. It makes fight extremely braindead especially pvp teamfights. I know that you cant pull that off in a ranked game, but the pvp in this game is not just ranked, but low level pvp and lvl 60 regs too. SO yes, please nerf Forcestorm, because it makes the class stupid. And yes, I play Sage as well... Edited by Pantokratorx

As it stands now though, their burst is "ok", and their AE is good for putting up nice numbers if people are dumb enough to stand bunched up together in a 6 second channeled ability waving HI to the sorc casting force storm on them. Who would ever think that interrupting force storm could be so hard?

EXACTLY! You got my point. Thank you :)

Yeah fit it in when you get bored with the others. Of course you should play what you enjoy the most. Have you tried lightning? It's pretty fun.

Tried lightning, did a ton of damage but felt like it wasn't the same class to me. I always played madness.

Matter of fact, why not just return them to the joke of a class they were when you nerfed them hard not long after launch?

/s

:rak_03:

Well I was playing there... What shocked me most was that Nerf was welcomed by many Sorcs/Sages that were mad because Hybrid Specs were outperforming them when they have spent all talents in a single tree....

IMO it's not as bad as people claim, they have tools yes but OP? Hmm there are a couple of classes enjoying their low profile atm...

Mercs/Commandos on the other hand need some help with survivability, I'm fine with the damage output but I am worried the buff will come with a trade off in damage output...

A response I posted in another nerf Sorc thread... God how many do we need... Just use the sameone

Quote - The worst thing is my main is a Sorc and a Sage and I've been playing both since launch... So many matches I get abused for using a "FOTM" character or told I am unskilled and need to play the easiest class...

Sure there are a lot of people playing FOTM classes... But not many are good... Most are mediocre at best... You can see who the good Sorcs are by looking at how they actually contributed to the match and what their stats are... Those that just stand there and AOE all match to get high dps really don't contribute at all... Personally I usually don't die, have over 900k dps, 400-500k healing and take 400-700k damage... You won't see mediocre players doing that

I've seen the roller coaster of nerfs and buffs for this class... I remember when Sorcs were nearly balanced with other classes... Then nearly all classes got buffs and Sorcs got a left behind and even got a small nerf... This made the class unviable as a main DPS class and was really only useful as a utility class to annoy healers and stop caps

Now that they are in the top 4 of DPS again and are viable... All of a sudden they are OP and FOTM... Instead of calling for nerfs... Some of those classes that got left behind a little should get some buffs or defensive measures to make them more viable and balanced...

There are also some disparities between the top 4... But let me say it is really only the higher skilled players of those classes that you need to be worried about... And if you are playing one of the lower unbalanced classes and are highly skilled, then any of those"OP", "FOTM" mediocre players are easy kills... On my Mara or Merc... Those players die as easy as the rest... Is it a challenge to play against one of the skilled FOTM classes... Sure... But like I had to do with my Sorc for so long after we got nerfed... You just change your game play, tactics and expectations of the role you play

Omg I think ipee'd myself laughing!!

Force storm damage should be lowered a bit, and balance needs some tweaks for 4v4... otherwise all the complaining about op classes... vg and pt is dumb too, Canon just needs it's own cool down so you can't spam 3 in middle of each rotation, otherwise even pt and vg are fine. And shadow utilities, but those don't really need any changes...

It's Mara and a couple others that need buffs. And of story. All of this complaining is driving me crazy... the other classes just need better utility points, because the damage is just fine on practically every class....

Remove their bubble, my class doesn't have one. This isn't fair.

Remove their Force Barrier (God Mode), my class doesn't have one.

Do not allow Force Speed to break roots, because I need them to hold still.

Make their Force Storm use 99% of their Force and please nerf the damage to 10% of present damage. Their AoE is unfair.

OMG remove their ability to Stun Bubble. This is so unfair it's like the stun grenades that I have to craft or pay for and spam everywhere in a warzone. They should have to buy these too!

Why not just take away Force Speed. I am tired of chasing them down. Make them hold still so I can kill them!

Nerf Demolish, Creeping Terror, and Affliction. Make them all removable and do 50% of their present damage.

OMG remove Death Field. It hits too many players for too much damage!

No more Thundering Blast while moving. They should be a Turret Class (as God intended them to be! Can I get an Amen?) and that means they should not be able to cast ANYTHING while moving, ever!

No Sorc should ever win a 1 vs 1 against a Melee, that is just silly. The battle should end with the Sorc dead and myself at maybe 80% health, duh. Any other result means the Sorc is OP.

/s

HERES an IDEA. Use interupts??? *** I mean really? Take our forcespeed? So we just kind of stand there and get waled away at?

I would laugh, but many of these suggestions were made by others without irony or sarcasm.

And ^that's^ the whole problem with this game's community, and the comically clueless dev-team that listens to them..

I do hope, however, that it means my poor lil' ole' Snipingers can finally catch a break from the bads' ire, though.

Still, I LOL'ed.

8.5/10.

What goods does interrupt do when you simply recast it a second later exactly? And yes don't stand in it....even when it's continually cast on a door or node you need to take...kill the Sorc, yes great idea so the other 3 in WZ simply cast it instead. I have an idea lets give my GS Fly By with the same effect and cost and no cd...I rather like that idea. Edited by LoganOleary

What goods does interrupt do when you simply recast it a second later exactly? And yes don't stand in it....even when it's continually cast on a door or node you need to take...kill the Sorc, yes great idea so the other 3 in WZ simply cast it instead. I have an idea lets give my GS Fly By with the same effect and cost and no cd...I rather like that idea.

Especially vs Novare Coast cap spam. Yeah run away from 2-3 sorcs craziness!