what does it mean when a ability doesn't respect global cooldown

quwone

In general there are abilities that share a cooldown. You can see it when you click an ability and the rest turn dark and slowly return to the correct color. Some abilities, like Vanguard Shoulder Cannon, do not turn dark with the rest of the abilities so you can use the ability at anytime.

Oh i see. I was wondering why i could not activate unity while in rotation. It just wouldn't pop while i was pressing something else. So now i see i have to actually stop my rotation to pop unity. Do i have that right and if i do that sucks ***.

Oh i see. I was wondering why i could not activate unity while in rotation. It just wouldn't pop while i was pressing something else. So now i see i have to actually stop my rotation to pop unity. Do i have that right and if i do that sucks ***.

Unity? Not sure which one that is.

Almost every defensive cooldown requires you to insert it into your rotation. Very few abilities do not respect the GCD. This is pretty much a non-issue.

Unity is the defensive cooldown you get for hitting Light V that's only useable when you have a companion out. Am I right?