best place to get lvl 50 armor

i'm getting my *** WHOOPED on Illum cuz my guy is sporting lvl 49 armor. My guy is too under equipped for HM FPs so other than pvp gear, where is the best place to get GOOD lvl 50 armor for a sith juggernaut? Thanks

Other than doing the dailies to get items to increase any orange gear you have, you can do HM flashpoints, normal 8/16 man ops, PvP.

If none of those actually work for you, you can always just buy level 50 stuff on the GTN but that's a waste. you shouldn't have trouble in Ilum or Belsavis doing the dailies in level 49 gear.

When I hit 50 I bought high level purple mods for my gear (blue/orange) to boost stats little bit.

Dailies are good idea but I will advice to give priority to daily and weekly pvp quests. From the quests you will get bags and from bags you will get badges to buy gear and chance of gear drop which is decently high.

If you are lucky you will be decked with full set may be in a week :)

Normal mode EV raid is very easy and you should be able to run it with orange and blues if you know what you are doing. You will be able to get gear from there also.

Edited by Yummymango

Provided you have all or mostly orange gear the Illum and Belsavis (Empire) dailies are much faster than the PvP route. You can dramatically improve all your orange armor ratings in 1 day and that's just not possible with the PvP daily & weekly (though I wish it were).

if you are a Sith Juggernaut, i assume you are tank specced.

and in that case, it depends on if you usually play solo or have a group of guildies with you.

lvl 49 gear, IMO, is barely enough to do HM FP. unless you have guildies that are already well geared.

as above mentioned, two routes, either do the dailies on belsavis or Ilum and get the daily commendation to exchange for lvl 50+ enhancement, mod, etc to upgrade your current orange item. or you can go the PvP route.

in my understanding, the daily commendation route will give you a modification in maybe 2-3 hours. and you can only do them once a day. So depends how much time you have to play per day.

PvP dailies gives you 1 bag (chance on champion gear), weekly gives you 3 bags. on the way to grind your weekly, you probably earn enough commendation for 1-2 bags.

Ilum PvP dailies (kill 30 pubs) gives you 1 bag, weekly(kill 150 pubs) gives you 3 bags.

so in a week, you will get 7x1+3+7x1+3 = 20 bags, not to mention the warzone commendation you get in between.

so basically, you either get 5 pieces of champion in a week if you play 3-5 hours a day. versus 14-21 modification in a week if you play 3-5 hours a day.

If each item has three slots, which means 5-7 item will have full epic enhancement. currently only 6-7 item has slots for modification.

if I remember right, the epic modification is somewhere between Centurion (lowest PvP tier) to Champion (2nd tier).

PvP items will get you implants/earpiece/relics.

So PvP is my choice, given that, it has chance to give item that is not modification base and also a higher tier item.