Ranked daily/weeklies

DarthRaistlin

Please Please Please make them wins only count, and you need 4 or even 6 a day.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

Please make it so you have to win to get credit.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cringe every time that I see it, so I have to do this. I'm sorry...

there - as in "over there"

their - as in "their PVE gear"

they're - as in "they are" or "they're in regs getting killed..."

ON TOPIC:

It seems like ranked pvp is having an identity crisis. Is it hardcore? If so, you want an atmosphere that discourages casuals (which is sort of what we have now), meaning that you get longer queue times but a higher overall level of play. Is it for everybody? If so, you want an atmosphere that encourages casuals, meaning shorter queue times but a lower overall level of play. I really don't think that you're going to get the best of both.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

The problem you identify is not solved by your suggestion. You still get ranked comms for losing. It would be better if they would just make relics easier to obtain in PvE so those players don't feel compelled to PvP.

I agree entirely.

Make ranked dailies and weeklies WINS ONLY.

We don't want people coming and throwing games just so they can get their daily done.

We want to encourage competition, not farming.

Make it like 2 or 3 wins for the daily, thats really not a lot.

Disagree. You're still going to have bad-mediocre players q'ing up, and they'll continue to q up in attempts to try and get wins. Meanwhile, the ones constantly beating them will get more comms, on top of accomplishing their dailies. It's a case of "the rich get richer..." as the gap between top-geared players and non- only gets wider, faster.

Edit: And if the point of this suggestion is to discourage "bad" players (often translated as "anyone not me") from doing ranked, then you should just suggest not having a ranked daily/weekly at all, since the whole point of that is to encourage more people to q ranked.

Edited by HeatRacer

Disagree. You're still going to have bad-mediocre players q'ing up, and they'll continue to q up in attempts to try and get wins. Meanwhile, the ones constantly beating them will get more comms, on top of accomplishing their dailies. It's a case of "the rich get richer..." as the gap between top-geared players and non- only gets wider, faster.

Edit: And if the point of this suggestion is to discourage "bad" players (often translated as "anyone not me") from doing ranked, then you should just suggest not having a ranked daily/weekly at all, since the whole point of that is to encourage more people to q ranked.

The point is to discourage "unprepared" players moreso than "bad" players. The bads are going to be there anyway. Im more concerned about the 26k health fresh 55 with green gear, no stim, no augments, and no grenades who is lured by the nice and shiny "daily."

That problem could also be solved by a gear requirement for rateds, which would be the better solution.

Requiring wins, not games played, would encourage competition and effort, as opposed to people who queue up for arenas and take their 4 daily beatings then go back into regs.

Anyone could still que up for arenas; but if they want the daily they will have to EARN it. Whats so bad about actually requiring people to win and earn their rewards?

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Edit: And if the point of this suggestion is to discourage players from doing ranked, then you should just suggest not having a ranked daily/weekly at all, since the whole point of that is to encourage more people to q ranked.

Not really. Having only wins count would encourage prepared players to Q, while not encouraging unprepared players to do so. Bads/undergeareds who know they have a low chance of winning might be willing to Q a few games if it meant more comms from the daily. This would decrease the chances of them queuing.

If we agree that "bads" will be there anyways, then it's best to let losses count for 2 reasons:

1. Gets them geared up quicker if they get more comms from fulfilled dailies.

2. Gets them to stop q'ing quicker since they won't have to keep chasing the rare and elusive win.

Edited by HeatRacer

It seems like ranked pvp is having an identity crisis. Is it hardcore? If so, you want an atmosphere that discourages casuals (which is sort of what we have now), meaning that you get longer queue times but a higher overall level of play. Is it for everybody? If so, you want an atmosphere that encourages casuals, meaning shorter queue times but a lower overall level of play. I really don't think that you're going to get the best of both.

This.

And I have to say I'd rather have ranked population be as large as regs, pve baddies and all, then let the rankings sort people out. As people have already said, requiring wins won't stop baddies from playing it will just keep them in longer while they grind out the rare win or wait for somebody to carry them.

If they're really that bad and you're really that good the rankings should divide you up. That is unless the population stays low like it is now, where the lack of players forces you to play with the bads no matter what happens.

Tl;Dr

The more players the more likely you'll play with team of your skill, against a team of your skill.

• Dev Post

The upcoming (in 2.7.1) Ranked Missions only progress from wins. They are completed with 3 wins for the daily and 9 for the weekly. We will see how those amounts work in the wild and adjust accordingly.

Cheers! :tran_grin:

We? So, your speaking for thousands of people?

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.

Don't listen to this casual scrub Alex. This prevents players who know they have no chance of performing well in ranked from queuing, willing to take a beating if they know they're gonna get extra comms from the quest.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Ranked isn't about playing or gearing up. Ranked is about winning. It only makes sense that the rewards would be driven by this.

• Dev Post

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember doing 20 games before and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers! :i_biggrin:

The problem you identify is not solved by your suggestion. You still get ranked comms for losing. It would be better if they would just make relics easier to obtain in PvE so those players don't feel compelled to PvP.

Or how about this crazy idea: make relics available from raiding that are BiS for PvE.

Ranked isn't about playing or gearing up. Ranked is about winning. It only makes sense that the rewards would be driven by this.

Exactly. While I tend to advocate systems that increase PvP participation, ranked is about competition not fair play hence having a rating associated with it. Ranked quest should be wins only. And this is coming from a player who plays on the less dominant faction and largely solos.

Ranked quests only counting wins, with that sentiment I perfectly agree. People just queing for the sake of that daily/weekly waste the time of those competitive players who really want to win and potentially be the best. Especially in solo que. If you want to put together a 4 man and lose that way i don't really care, but don't be a douche in solo.

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Alex, you make me proud. Not only me, but all PvPers,

I'd rather not see ranked PvP just become a way to earn different comms, when you queue for ranked your expecting a hard game against good players otherwise what's the point of it? Edited by KEKHAN

Your sir are a champion

Edited by Skinnychalk