Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.1.2 PvP bag changes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Noctournys
02.01.2012 , 11:06 PM | #21
Yeah.. an insurmountable 7% stat difference is just crushing.

totally, totally crushing

7%

Yep. People will ***** about anything.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

Ashane
02.01.2012 , 11:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post

7%

7% incoming..
7% outgoing..
7% increased healing..

Yup, "just" 7%. Oh wait, no its not.

Even assuming no one is healing, that's a 7% increased damage AND a 7% reduced damage, which is a net 14% increase. Erm, that's a huge amount.

You do know that expertise effects all 3 right? Oh, you didnt? My bad.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Noctournys
02.01.2012 , 11:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
7% incoming..
7% outgoing..
7% increased healing..

Yup, "just" 7%. Oh wait, no its not.

Even assuming no one is healing, that's a 7% increased damage AND a 7% reduced damage, which is a net 14% increase. Erm, that's a huge amount.

You do know that expertise effects all 3 right? Oh, you didnt? My bad.
and enemy expertise offsets it. Your 7% damage reduction.

And that's not 7% expertise, son. That's 7% STAT DIFFERENCE.

so, if Full BM gave 1000 expertise (it does not, but its a nice round number), the alternative gives 930.

Try to keep up.

At the actual stat values we're talking about, its a lot smaller than that... as little as 2-3 to each main stat, 1 or 2 of a rating. Thats all.

Stongrel
02.01.2012 , 11:19 PM | #24
This change is beyond stupid. The whole bag/reward system is broken to begin with, but this change makes the problem far worse. You've widen the gear cap between the haves and have nots.

RNG needs to be removed entirely. Period. End of story.

Centurion commendations from cheap Centurion bags.

Champion commendations from Champion Bags.

BM coms from BM bags.

Set the com per piece price accordingly, and by rank. End of story.

Stop being so incredibly stupid Bioware. End of story.

vAAlienz
02.01.2012 , 11:20 PM | #25
Well now that I have about 1/3 Champion Gear and rest Centurion, along with about 6 duplicates that I can't really do anything about but stare at, I'm starting to wonder is it even worth my time trying to do the dailies anymore since:
A)Duplicates are still possible
B)Drop rate for pieces is lowered
C)Centurion Commendations are worthless to me

I have seriously seen about the same 5 better ideas/improvements to the RNG system everyday and you all seem to manage to come up with a system that no one really suggested that only makes matters worse.

At the very minimum why is it so hard for you guys to fathom making champion tokens for your duplicate gear like you have ALREADY DONE for the battlemaster bags.

Noctournys
02.01.2012 , 11:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by vAAlienz View Post
Well now that I have about 1/3 Champion Gear and rest Centurion, along with about 6 duplicates that I can't really do anything about but stare at.
Remove the mod and enhancement and put it in your centurion gear. You've just closed the gap from about a 5% stat difference to a 2% stat difference.

CommandoPower
02.01.2012 , 11:24 PM | #27
Yall mighta missed something. Here let me spell it out for you:

Your rage information:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938

Quote:
Items

General

Rakata weapons are now correctly rating 140 and are fitted with mark 25 modifications. These items were previously less powerful than intended.
The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.
The information you evidently missed:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260731

Quote:
It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.
And a few more goodies for good measure:

Quote:
On a more general note about crafting, our changes to make BioChem consumables freely tradeable are just a small first step as part of a larger scale effort to extend our crafting gameplay, for all professions, into the endgame.

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.
Ya, ya I know March seems far away. But hang in there . Maybe roll an alt or two for pressure release when high end gets frustrating. I find myself effective with all characters in 1-49 PVP with blue gear and I roll alot of alts.
I have faith in Bioware and Mythic to deliver a good game. I have more faith in myself to decide in an unbiased fashion whether or not it is good. Neither has any impact on the fact that I will kill you.

xOspreyx
02.01.2012 , 11:27 PM | #28

7%

The difference between Battlemaster gear and Centurion is more than 7%. 7% to 10% is about the difference between Champion and Battlemaster. If they go through with this change, it will mean people will be stuck in Centurion/no PvP gear a lot longer than they are now and there are already plenty of valor 60 people running around. It will basically be creating a bigger barrier to entry for PvP than already exists and that's not a good thing.

I would go so far as to say that if this change is implemented as is, anyone that is serious about pvping at level 50 should shun pve entirely when leveling a character because the only way you're not going to be a target dummy forever is if you're valor 60 or close to it when you hit character level 50. That would be a pretty dull way to play the game.

This random crap is obviously the brainchild of someone high up the food chain because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it's a piss poor idea. I'm relatively certain that if it wasn't someone high up's 'baby', they would have scrapped it already.

Ashane
02.01.2012 , 11:32 PM | #29
and enemy expertise offsets it. Your 7% damage reduction.

And that's not 7% expertise, son. That's 7% STAT DIFFERENCE.

so, if Full BM gave 1000 expertise (it does not, but its a nice round number), the alternative gives 930.

Try to keep up.

At the actual stat values we're talking about, its a lot smaller than that... as little as 2-3 to each main stat, 1 or 2 of a rating. Thats all.
Your numbers are so wrong its laughable.

I think you need to relearn, then maybe you'll keep up.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

xOspreyx
02.01.2012 , 11:36 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CommandoPower View Post
Ya, ya I know March seems far away. But hang in there . Maybe roll an alt or two for pressure release when high end gets frustrating. I find myself effective with all characters in 1-49 PVP with blue gear and I roll alot of alts.
Level 10-49 pvp is a totally different animal than level 50 pvp. Hell, I did 6 or 7 warzones tonight on my level 20 gunslinger and I was top damage on my team in all of them but 2 I think. In other words, gear doesn't matter so much.

At level 50 gear matters quite a bit because there is no Bolster buff to even things out. If you went against me in a level 50 warzone in your level 49 blues, I'm pretty sure you'd last less than 10 seconds. You'd have far fewer hit points and have no added damage resistance while I have about 6% added damage on top of having much higher stats (to deal damage) to begin with.