OPs = OP

VixenRawR

If you played at launch you'd know that operatives were able to solo stunlock and kill everyone with creative stacking of click relics, adrenals and pvp buff.

It's a good thing that was 5 years ago and literally is impossible in a 1 v 1 fight unless a pt with lucky crits is able to use its 4 second stun and carbonize on you and murder you inbetween. (Closest thing I can think of).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing that was 5 years ago and literally is impossible in a 1 v 1 fight unless a pt with lucky crits is able to use its 4 second stun and carbonize on you and murder you inbetween. (Closest thing I can think of).

The problem wasn't that we did too much damage - it was stacking of buffs and the low amount of resolve the knockdown was giving. And I wouldn't say that it's a good thing that the ops got nerfed that much.

There is. With 2 against 1 Newbie. There is.

It isn't a problem if two burst dps use cc and a good burst phase to kill someone quick. It would be an issue if one class could do it by its led constantly, but no single class can do that. The only thing that may come close is AP pt.

The problem wasn't that we did too much damage - it was stacking of buffs and the low amount of resolve the knockdown was giving. And I wouldn't say that it's a good thing that the ops got nerfed that much.

I wish all cc built half a resolve. Bubble stun, knockbacks, sleep dart/mindtrap, any other hard stun, low slash. Imo it should all build half a resolve. I have been bubble stunned 4x and still not full resolve, or knocked around like a ragdoll and barely a dent in my resolve bar. It's kind of frustrating because I would rather get white barred by mindtrap and flashbang than be consistently interrupted by knockbacks that build barely anything.

I mean if someone has an exact guide to how much resolve is being built on each cc I suppose that would be nice but sometimes I see when I cc then force push someone after they will have a white bar, sometimes they don't and I can cc them further. It has never seemed consistent to me.

I also think roots should have their own resolve as well. Sure a sorc and a merc can continue to do damge even if immoblized, yet my op, sin, marauder and jugg are almost left standing around waiting for the cc to drop, only to have another root reapply. (Sure I have root breakers and the likes with utility) but those aren't always up and you can continually root someone over and over. Between knockback roots, creeping terror, and legshot you could be sitting around for 10+ seconds doing nothing but waiting for saberthrow to be on cooldown. Roots and knockacks I find are far more annoying than a hardstun which at least you know you will walk away with half a bar of resolve (USUALLY) and can anticipate and save your stun breaker for.

Edited by VixenRawR

I also think roots should have their own resolve as well. Sure a sorc and a merc can continue to do damge even if immoblized, yet my op, sin, marauder and jugg are almost left standing around waiting for the cc to drop, only to have another root reapply. (Sure I have root breakers and the likes with utility) but those aren't always up and you can continually root someone over and over. Between knockback roots, creeping terror, and legshot you could be sitting around for 10+ seconds doing nothing but waiting for saberthrow to be on cooldown. Roots and knockacks I find are far more annoying than a hardstun which at least you know you will walk away with half a bar of resolve (USUALLY) and can anticipate and save your stun breaker for.

I wouldn't object to this but the only real pain in the *** are the snipers. And i usually use evasion in the last possible second of ambush so i both root break and evade the dmg. Sorcs if i see them having bubble stun i break the bubble with CD from 10+m. The big problem is 2+v1 but then i don't expect to win - i expect to troll them long enough for help to arrive