Intended change to roster Conquest Points?

UlaVii

Hi, prior to 6.2.1 when you looked at the Conquest Points column on the guild roster panel you would see the base scores for each character. This would be the same value you would see if you logged in with that character and looked at their score in the progress bar on the Conquest log. This same value is also seen in the Top 5 and Conquest Leaders Top 10. The 15% invasion bonus was only shown as part of the guild's total score, not per character.

Since 6.2.1 everywhere outside of the Conquest log progress bar value shows the score including the guild 15% invasion bonus:

My score on the progress bar on the Conquest log is 112,430.

On the roster I see 128,218.

When one guild member looks at the progress bar on his Conquest log it shows his score is: 3,392,388.

On the roster, top 10 and top 5 it shows his score as 3,901,026.

Two consequences come to mind:

1) It will confuse people who see they have reached 50k in the guild but not received their weekly guild reward.

2) Guilds that give out their own weekly CQ prizes should be aware that scores will go up 15%.

Is this an intended change?

Edited by UlaVii

One could argue that it's a good thing, in that the prizes will directly represent the individual player's contribution to the guild's overall score (if it's a prize for providing N points), or it will have no effect on the prizes (if they are for being in the top 3, 5, 10, 20, etc.).

I changed the first point as we just re-ran some testing on it:

1) It will confuse people who see they have reached 50k in the guild but not received their weekly guild reward.

Just wondering , how many people look at their guild total before looking at their own? Personally I only ever look at my total, the only time I check the guild total is after I get mine, and to see if they need more to make the cut. (Or it's what I did when I was doing CQ)

Not saying your guildies don't, nor saying your points aren't valid, it's more of a curiosity thing

Edited by DarkTergon

Just wondering , how many people look at their guild total before looking at their own? Personally I only ever look at my total, the only time I check the guild total is after I get mine, and to see if they need more to make the cut. (Or it's what I did when I was doing CQ)

Not saying your guildies don't, nor saying your points aren't valid, it's more of a curiosity thing

My guildmates do this too since it's a quick way for checking which one of your characters in the Guild have already completed their personal goal and on which you need to make some more points. I've sent out an info mail in my guilds in order to explain the change and inform everyone that in order to recieve personal and guild rewards they now need to reach a minimum 57500 Points in the Guild roster.

A lot of our guild members cap 10+ characters so it's easier for them to check the roster rows to see which character to focus on next. Now I'll have to keep reminding them that it's 57,500 to get their rewards and explaining to other people why they didn't get their previously weekly reward due to the same thing. Roster rows were better before the patch when they did not include the bonus score.

Who is able to see their CQ contribution to the guild CQ total? I know there is a leaderboard but that only shows the top 5 contributors to the guild.

Anyone in your guild. If you go to the Roster tab and click the down arrow in the header of one of the two right side columns then you can change them to show different values. One of those is Conquest Points.

Anyone in your guild. If you go to the Roster tab and click the down arrow in the header of one of the two right side columns then you can change them to show different values. One of those is Conquest Points.

Been playing for years, never knew this! Thank you.

A lot of our guild members cap 10+ characters so it's easier for them to check the roster rows to see which character to focus on next. Now I'll have to keep reminding them that it's 57,500 to get their rewards and explaining to other people why they didn't get their previously weekly reward due to the same thing. Roster rows were better before the patch when they did not include the bonus score.

I understand checking to see what chars have done their bit, etc. especially when you've multiples in the guild. I've checked my other chars in the guild to see what they need. But to me (and this is *just me*, not complaining or putting anyone else down) when I'm on a char, even when in a guild with multiple chars, I always check my own stats first, before looking at the guild.

As I said, I was just curious, it's always interesting to see how others do it :)

Been playing for years, never knew this! Thank you.

yup, it's great, very handy when you've multiple chars, and need to find out whop has, or hasn't gotten their totals :)

Edited by DarkTergon

I understand checking to see what chars have done their bit, etc. especially when you've multiples in the guild. I've checked my other chars in the guild to see what they need. But to me (and this is *just me*, not complaining or putting anyone else down) when I'm on a char, even when in a guild with multiple chars, I always check my own stats first, before looking at the guild.

As I said, I was just curious, it's always interesting to see how others do it :)

Just to add another data point, I also use the roster regularly to check which of my characters have reached their goals. The change isn't a big deal to me, but it was a little confusing at first. I definitely sympathize with leaders of big guilds like UlaVii, who will have to explain this over and over. :)

Edited by Hudlar