Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

The bonus boss on Cadamimu sometimes stuns a guy when he does his Force Storm. I've never had it happened to me but I saw people die horribly to it before. If it happens I guess you need to use some CD to escape.

Even without exploiting, the following classes can trivially escape from the AE every time:

Sith Inquisitor - Force Speed

Bounty Hunter - Hydraluic Overrides

The other 4 advanced classes have to be a bit more creative to escape on time. You basically need something that buffs your speed ready every 30 seconds.

Force Shroud stops Force Storm so you can even melee through it as the tank.

Edited by Astarica

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it's fine. Healers got lazy. on my operative healer, L50 hms I could run whole fp just by HoTs, kolto probe on tank, my self, and some times dps. eventually kolto cloud if some people forgot to move away from aoe.

if you were running progresion OPS, 55 hms are easy. fast reaction time required, no time for naps..

ofcourse it all can go to hell if you are not on the top of energy and 2 dps decides that you had to easy time and they will not move from aoe... but it's just mechanics. can leave one dps dead to make an example. enrage timers are long any way.

as for athiss last boss, I find that cleansing is better then healing thro.

heal thro = 15-16k hp = 2-3 heals (depends on crit)

cleanse = one clense one heal (or even one probe if I did it quick enouth)

that dot in hammer station does tick a little fast, cleanse it at 5 stacks on your tank, by the time it gets back to 5 your cleanse is almost off cooldown.

would be nice if it ticked up the stacks a but slower. Been a couple of times where I had to get another group member to cleanse the second stack because it came too fast.

Especially when the bomb droids show up. It's running away from them, while healing and cleansing.

Especially when the bomb droids show up. It's running away from them, while healing and cleansing.

unless people are stupid and stand in red circles, there is not much healing to do there, and all clenses can be done on the run with 6 sec cd.

I don't remember the dot from the final boss in Athiss ever did any significant damage. Are you sure it's not because the tank is standing in the purple circle of doom?

He puts a very nasty dot on a random person that does a ton of damage per tick. You won't be able to survive for long, so it needs to be purged asap.

He puts a very nasty dot on a random person that does a ton of damage per tick. You won't be able to survive for long, so it needs to be purged asap.

I don't remember that dot being cleanseable, but that might be a difference with scoundrels and sages. ^^ Normally I just watch the health bars, and precast when I see someone with the debuff. If I'm being dumb or distracted, or if someone is takin unnecessary damage during that time, it can be a surprising pain to recover from.

I don't remember that dot being cleanseable, but that might be a difference with scoundrels and sages. ^^ Normally I just watch the health bars, and precast when I see someone with the debuff. If I'm being dumb or distracted, or if someone is takin unnecessary damage during that time, it can be a surprising pain to recover from.

Yeah, it's easily purged, I can't remember the name of it though. I think it's Afflicition?

I think his DPS output is pretty low anyway that you can still brute force heal through the dot easily, though it certainly doesn't hurt to cleanse it. It's certainly not like the droid laser that cannot possibly be healed through if you don't cleanse it.

Being both a Tank (Guardian/Shadow/Assassin) and a healer (Scoundrel/Operative/Sorcerer/Sage) as 'main' all I can say is that level 50 Flashpoints were beyond boring. (Note: I started playing around Oktober, the days of the free recruit/Tioneese) As Tank I often found myself capable of keeping myself alive vs trash and bosses often just required an off-heal or 2. Most of my healers were DPSing all the time and as Healer I felt exactly the same, I was just DPSing or doing nothing all the time. Well once in a while a heal... It was plain boring... Absolutely boring.

Now with 2.0 it's actually challanging... Ish. As a tank I found it quite challanging, CC'ing whenever I could or ask for CC and as long as the DPS wasn't too idiotic (like rushing in or breaking CC in gear-checks) and the healer cleansed when needed (see it once, know it, right?) everything went fine. I do die often due to not getting cleansed, to me cleansing is something I never stopped being used to, but I get that due to the lack of needing cleanse a lot of healers aren't too good at using it. But that will come back and I try to remind them before bosses that need it (which turns out to only be the droid in HS, so many healers just heal through Crushing Affliction in Athiss.)

So very excited I leveled my healers and unless I get a clueless tank and DPS, it's the same old story, except now I have to cleanse and actually heal as I'd be doing in operations. I'm finally a healer again rather than a weak 3rd dps, yay! Challanging though? As long as your tank is atleast 61 (bit min-max + setbonus or 66/69 without) and uses cooldowns (well in case of a Shadow/Assassin mainly) and your DPS can go as basic as 'grey --> silver --> gold --> platinum' or use a cooldown when the tank loses aggro to them... Wait what am I saying.... even if they just have a basic clue, it's back to easy... But I'm healing, not DPSing, I'm happy again.

How can you find this Ridiculous? Unless you just got that unlucky with DPS/Tanks. I'm just glad it finally matters what everyone does, rather than 1 person being able to carry everything. And I'm happy being a healer again, rather than a 3rd DPS, mentioned it a lot, but ye... Really happy I am.

But then again always remember, you cannot heal stupidity

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Also, I would like everyone to know that I have run the new FPs a few more times and with a competent (and decently geared tank) I was able to do just fine.

I have 3 55s playing the 3 roles and I can say these 55 can be challenging for both tanks and healers in campaign/dread guard stuff, while for dps all these are a joke (gear wise ) from the get go.

Once you upgrade a few pieces difference is noticeable.

Is just a bit of gear going from 61/63 to 66/69. And that gap is already being covered.

Yesterday I had the day off so I played several of them. It's starting to feel like it was pre 2.0. Dps and healers going ahead and pulling before the tank. Tanks not using their out of combat heal between pulls. No one bothering with CC. Hell, I had the pleasure of gettting a tank reluctant to do the bonus boss because he personally didn't need the gear. :rolleyes:

IHell, I had the pleasure of gettting a tank reluctant to do the bonus boss because he personally didn't need the gear. :rolleyes:
At least I have seen or heard of Tanks just leaving the group when they did not get their drop. Like they were doing last January and February. :p

This will probably come off sounding haughty, but, I jumped into my first HM right after I turned 55 on my operative healer with my level 61's, and it was way easier than I expected. I've since healed every hard mode several times, and I haven't found any of them challenging at all. Certainly nothing like Lost Island before the nerfs level challenging.

I generally enjoy tanking but occassionally mix it up with a bit of healing from time to time. I haven't leveled my operative to 55 yet, but I've got my vanguard gearing up to 69s and I've seen the amount of work my healers have to go through to keep a group up in some of the new HM FPs.

With that knowledge, I just wanted to stop and say, "Thanks guys." Seems like you got the pointy end of the stick with this expansion and as a tank, I appreciate everything you do to keep us up. I promise to keep using my cooldowns as much as possible so you won't pull out your hair. :D

This will probably come off sounding haughty, but, I jumped into my first HM right after I turned 55 on my operative healer with my level 61's, and it was way easier than I expected. I've since healed every hard mode several times, and I haven't found any of them challenging at all. Certainly nothing like Lost Island before the nerfs level challenging.

The only way that's possible is if your tanks and DPS all know what they're doing, because some of the stuff in hard FPs can basically one shot anyone let alone being able to heal through it. Not that I'm saying this is impossible or unlikely, but you must be luckier than most people to have DPS/tank that know what they're doing. I find that in general, hard FPs do not require the healer know what he's doing except for the gimmick bosses that require cleanse. The deadliest enemy packs are probably the 5 dogs in Cademimu or 5 droids in Athiss. You can either CC 2 of them (and the 3 that are left still does a lot of damage), or you can hope your healer magically can heal 66% more (from 3 mobs to 5 mobs). It's never reasonable to expect a healer to just heal 66% more so the burden is on the tank/DPS.

The only way that's possible is if your tanks and DPS all know what they're doing, because some of the stuff in hard FPs can basically one shot anyone let alone being able to heal through it. Not that I'm saying this is impossible or unlikely, but you must be luckier than most people to have DPS/tank that know what they're doing. I find that in general, hard FPs do not require the healer know what he's doing except for the gimmick bosses that require cleanse. The deadliest enemy packs are probably the 5 dogs in Cademimu or 5 droids in Athiss. You can either CC 2 of them (and the 3 that are left still does a lot of damage), or you can hope your healer magically can heal 66% more (from 3 mobs to 5 mobs). It's never reasonable to expect a healer to just heal 66% more so the burden is on the tank/DPS.

not rly i started to heal on my op in 61 gear done all fp lots of times failed only once when had 2 male on bonuss boss in hammer as dps didin't use cooldown's or any defencive tools they have

It's never reasonable to expect a healer to just heal 66% more so the burden is on the tank/DPS.

if you have trouble or you like to make your Heal Happy

1min stun as many as possible against the hard pulls

tell the DD's to use their in combat short time stuns

use LOS to assemble scattered ranged mobs

kill the weak first!

use Def CD's

Biochem: use Ardenals

call out at least the first focus target

interrupt

be careful with AoE, ranged attacks on low life enemies and knockbacks

I like these FP's they aren't hard but at least they aren't as mind-numbing as the old ones have been.

btw: there's a chest in Hammer station They've overlooked to remove

it's full of treasures...

if you have trouble or you like to make your Heal Happy

1min stun as many as possible against the hard pulls

tell the DD's to use their in combat short time stuns

use LOS to assemble scattered ranged mobs

kill the weak first!

use Def CD's

Biochem: use Ardenals

call out at least the first focus target

interrupt

be careful with AoE, ranged attacks on low life enemies and knockbacks

I like these FP's they aren't hard but at least they aren't as mind-numbing as the old ones have been.

btw: there's a chest in Hammer station They've overlooked to remove

it's full of treasures...

Yeah and most of that stuff isn't done by the healer. Usually about all the healer can do on a hard pull is to CC one mob. After that you sort of just got to trust your DPS/tank knows when to use thier CC/CD because nobody is going to tank 5 dogs at the same time and live for a very long time.

I generally enjoy tanking but occassionally mix it up with a bit of healing from time to time. I haven't leveled my operative to 55 yet, but I've got my vanguard gearing up to 69s and I've seen the amount of work my healers have to go through to keep a group up in some of the new HM FPs.

With that knowledge, I just wanted to stop and say, "Thanks guys." Seems like you got the pointy end of the stick with this expansion and as a tank, I appreciate everything you do to keep us up. I promise to keep using my cooldowns as much as possible so you won't pull out your hair. :D

I think most problems for healers are tanks being spikey at some points. Like when you pick up the dogs that spawn at that big gigantic monster in Athiss. Your tank can be at a nice 90% and then drop to 20% in 2 seconds. When I'm tanking that one, I preemptively pop a cd as soon as I see the dogs come out. No reason to have your healer with a heart attack if you can avoid it :D

When I'm tanking that one, I preemptively pop a cd as soon as I see the dogs come out. No reason to have your healer with a heart attack if you can avoid it :D
As a healer, I make sure HoTs are on the tank and pop my big heal on the tank as soon as I see the dogs. Then I pop Pugnacity if Upperhand isn't stacked to 3 and pop relic and adrenal, then it is just a matter of hitting Emergency Medpac fast enough to keep up with the damage. No reason to give the tank a heart attack that can avoided it (just hope dps does not do anything stupid right then). :p

You have to realize that 55 lvl hm fps are something different than 50 lvl ones.

I play as a tank - when hit 55 I had full set of augmented campaign.

Completed like 10 hm fps so far and here are my few thoughts which might help you:

- Tanks NEED to use their defensive cooldowns on harder trash pulls (doggs etc). If they don't - tank will probably die / it is going to be a wipe ( I am talking about PUGS in moderate gear). Healers - if you are grouped with tanks who refuse to do that - I can understand you having hard time keeping them alive, but it is THEIR FAULT.

- If tanks for some reason refuse to use CDS on trash groups OR you are not experienced players / have gear problems - USE CC - I usually run through those HMS without almost no cc, but I use defensive cooldowns very often / STUN mobs (I mean short duration stuns which help a lot - for example as a Jugger you can force choke one dog, push another one and do this punch ability to the third one - gives healer nice few seconds to top you).

So basically, if dpsers know their job (avoid dmg, use their interrupts, etc) and tanks are doing what I said above + there is someone to explain tactics = NO, FPS are not too hard, neither healing is impossible.

Yep - there are moments of immense burst especially on trash packs, but with tanks CD, or CCing mobs and being prepared for 20 seconds of intense healing it is totally ok.

Just my thoughts;)

EDIT: I just thought about doing first heroics (hard modes) in WoW - Cataclysm. It has been a similar experience;) At first - difficult - but as you adapt - it is ok.

EDIT 2 - PRO TIP - In Athiss, if you are biochem, you can collect some sort of flower before the second boss. You then have an item in your "mission items" inventory by which you can summon some sort of mob to help you. Funny thinkg is, this npc is treated as a companion and summoning him enables you to use heroic moment ability - which is ofc very helpful due to additional healing and legacy skills :D

Edited by Robbipl

The only gear issue problem here is with the "bonus" boss, which if you read the text is actually presented as a "challenge boss" hence the enrage timer. if your undergeared you wont necessarily die because of the damage he's putting out, you'll die because you can't kill him fast enough. The rest of the FP should be doable as long as you work together, and use your cc's, cd's, los, push, environmental items (pressurized tanks, etc), the frustration comes in when people who do not have the gear for the 'challenge" boss insist on doing it. Run it a few times gear up, then come back and do it when you can.

Back to the point these have made me pledge once again my love for a good healer, and my angst against dps'ers who just don't get it.

You can get away without CCing mobs if your DPS at least always claims responsibility for hitting the wrong mob. That is, they either should be focus firing the right mob, or if not, at least take aggro on the nasty strongs. As long as the DPS can beat the strong 1on1 (and they better), that's one less mob you've to worry about healing on the tank.