Lightning to be nerfed?

Hoppinswtor

It's abundantly clear that the "target DPS" figure is ~9750 (assuming they are balancing by top parses, which they are not). They want Arsenal, Lightning, and Marksman to do around 9200-9300 DPS on a good parse. Currently, a good arsenal parse is 9250, a good marksman parse is 9350, and a good lightning parse is 9500. After the Marksman nerfs, the top parses for that spec will be around 9200.

Seeing the changes to Marksman, I expect a 200-300 dps nerf to Lightning this patch. Pretty sad, huh?

They'll probably nerf the Forked Lightning procs.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

If any nerf is done to it, I just may be done with this game even though I haven't been playing my sorc lately but a nerf is the last thing dps sorcs need. They are still decent in regular pve content but seems like slapping with a wet noodle in pvp and MM content. Edited by dethslovinembrac

If any nerf is done to it, I just may be done with this game even though I haven't been playing my sorc lately but a nerf is the last thing dps sorcs need. They are still decent in regular pve content but seems like slapping with a wet noodle in pvp and MM content.

I expect a 250 dps nerf, accomplished by (1) reducing forked lightning dmg by 50 percent, (2) reducing chain lightning dmg by 10 percent, and (3) buffing shock dmg bonus after crushing darkness by 10 percent. Hell, they can go a step further and get rid of forked lightning entirely and put an extra 10 percent on Thundering Blast. Lord knows it needs that extra punch.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

It is debatable. I am thinking (speculating) that lightning will end up in the same situation as Carnage - that they do not account for the use of some abilities to increase apm/dps as they do not account for clipping in carnage. Of course I do not think they should account for those abilities as you mainly only use stuff like that in the opener of a fight or stretched where you know you won't need to move quickly.

Now a bunch of people say for various sometimes carefully thought out reasons that it is not a dps increase to use speed but I think it does increase the dps by 50-100 or so, hardly game-changing. And you can see, just as with carnage people who know how to use it do get the higher parses which are slightly above the average.

Besides out of the other burst rdps classes Lightning is the closest to a quasi burst/sustained spec at the moment given that it has two dots. Marksman has 1, Arsenal if I remember correctly no dots - it is pure pewpew any target you want as fast as you want as soon as you switch.

They may do an overhaul of the spec simply for the reason that they probably have no clue what causes the chain lightning glitch in the code sometimes (not how it is achieved -simply by why/how the code is behaving) - so changing some passives /abilities around may get rid of it - and ironically introduce new bugs?

I sincerely doubt there will be DPS nerfs to Lightning.

In my heart I hope it to receive defensive buffs or increase the self heal abilities in order this character to be viable in the hardest content and in pvp.

I am sattisfied with it's current DPS,because not all classes are supposed to melt down someone in a rotation. I hope that the buble problem is resolved and maybe buff Unnatural preservation. This would put the class where it needs to be in my opinion.

Of course I may be wrong,but this is from what I have experienced so far.

Have they done anything with the chain lightning bug?

no it is still used if you check some top operation parses

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/dread-master-tyrans/8/VM/dps/sorcerer/lightning/all/live/1/

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/dread-master-styrak/8/VM/dps/sorcerer/lightning/all/live/1/

etc you can find them if you look, I won't single out individual examples as that is unsportmanslike because I don't know if what happened was intentional or not but if you know what to look for you can find it happening.

Addition: I do not think the use is very much prevalent but there is a risk bioware dev team will look at some "top" bugged numbers from the discipline coming into their database and decide it needs a big nerf. But I think they balance around computer models (which do not do this) and not players anyways.

Edited by ottffsse

it seems to be the issue that bw doesnet undertand that lighing is a half burst half sustainspec at this point considering we need one dot up 100% of the tiime to do our top damdge witch is not possible so we suffer almsot asmuthc as most sustainlcasses on fights like operator in witch you cannot keep the polarityshift afliction up regadles of ow well you play if the nerfs that they posed to lighing to life i might quit the game aswell this is my fave spec bye far but having it nerfed at the only spot it was OK at while beeing the worst in every other catagory in the game bye a large margin thats just sad it literly drains all the fun out of the game for me seein how i need to play literly perfect to do worse results then some who just needs to press headseaker and unload to do twice my damadge and tank 7 times as mutch but if this goes life they shoud atleastt remove afliction ad the damdge of a never dropping of polarityshift afliction to all other spells and make tb a perma crit so we get closer to the flexibility of all the other burst specs