Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bots have returned.


Amunra-amunray's Avatar


Amunra-amunray
02.24.2020 , 02:04 PM | #1
It would seem that GSF is still using bots, auto aim and are not balancing combat. another match far outweighed again because the game designers refuse to follow the storyline of Star Wars it about balance not over the edge always one faction winning

cartel ships need to match starter ships in every capacity. PERIOD. the notion that a team in voice coms can farm your new subscribers will cause them to leave and not play. So if bioware wants to continue to make money with this game it would be best to continue to look how the GSF mechanics are failing your subscribers and the game as a whole. Anyone can play bully few can actually play without those around doing the dirty work for them or rely on auto aim and bots to complete their mathematics. if they cannot calculate the corect issues then it needs to be nerfed until fixed. Also adding a Ranked Q would be smart as people cannot train unless you get rid of the veterans on the playing field or allow another area of play for those training and leveling.

Still think this game is about being an elitist one man show it will never be! We are all part of this and many more will follow so fix it or break it more or continue to bleed subscribers. Many do not even Q and this teaches flying mechs and other things. BLABLA BLA

Amunra out!
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
02.25.2020 , 02:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Amunra-amunray View Post
It would seem that GSF is still using bots, auto aim and are not balancing combat. another match far outweighed again because the game designers refuse to follow the storyline of Star Wars it about balance not over the edge always one faction winning

cartel ships need to match starter ships in every capacity. PERIOD. the notion that a team in voice coms can farm your new subscribers will cause them to leave and not play. So if bioware wants to continue to make money with this game it would be best to continue to look how the GSF mechanics are failing your subscribers and the game as a whole. Anyone can play bully few can actually play without those around doing the dirty work for them or rely on auto aim and bots to complete their mathematics. if they cannot calculate the corect issues then it needs to be nerfed until fixed. Also adding a Ranked Q would be smart as people cannot train unless you get rid of the veterans on the playing field or allow another area of play for those training and leveling.

Still think this game is about being an elitist one man show it will never be! We are all part of this and many more will follow so fix it or break it more or continue to bleed subscribers. Many do not even Q and this teaches flying mechs and other things. BLABLA BLA

Amunra out!
Honestly this post is so full of inaccuracies.

1) Cartel Ships ARE the same as non cartel ships. They have nothing that is better then the non cartel version of itself.

2) If a team is in Voice comms, and farming newer players it's simply because they are far more experienced, and know what they are doing. (Not to mention communicating with each other)

3) Proof of Aim bots? Some ships like Gunships are easy to get really high Accuracy on. I've seen many get 75% or Higher in matches. No bot's required.

4) People can now use the PvP challenge as a training tool. Get 4 people together and do some of the GSF challenges to help training. This is the best use of the PvP challenge when it comes to GSF.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
02.26.2020 , 09:40 AM | #3
(Bots)
I would say Yes to bots as in a 100% AFK player there for the conquest points and nobody experienced enough to vote them out of the match. If you get more than one AFK'er you have to change your mindset from 'we can win' to 'hey I'm here to get a few kills is all'.

(Aim Bot or Prodigy)
Yeah that guy in the strike fighter with 35 kills in a DM. I know he's a prodigy and the rest of us are lucky to get 4-10 kills in a match. Report that individual. If you are someone that seldom makes a ticket and are a paying customer they will listen.

(Farm Hands)
These guys come on fast and strong. Get out of their way. If you are on their team it's a boring win. I equate them to folks that smell bad at the gym or the big kids playing basketball on the playground. Sure they might smell like onions or want to take the net off the hoop and hang on the rim but once they are bored they leave and you can come back and play.

However, GSF can always be fun here are some tips:

1. Turn off the game's music it's horribly distracting and adds a level of subtle stress
2. Turn off the voice so you don't hear that annoying Ayyago even worse the Imp lady
3. Important - Determine as soon as possible if you are on the winning or losing team and play accordingly
a) winning team - yay pew pew, getting so many kills - high fives
b) losing team - survival and try to operate in groups don't fly off and do a 1 v 5
5. Pick the right ship for the right fight. The trap people fall into is always using the same ship.
I grok in fullness.
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
02.28.2020 , 09:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
(Bots)
(Aim Bot or Prodigy)
Yeah that guy in the strike fighter with 35 kills in a DM. I know he's a prodigy and the rest of us are lucky to get 4-10 kills in a match. Report that individual. If you are someone that seldom makes a ticket and are a paying customer they will listen.
Sorry, but this statement is just wrong. Just because someone is skilled enough to get that many kills doesn't mean they are using an Aim bot. Reporting someone without proof that they are actually cheating is just wrong. So reporting such players as your suggesting should never happen.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

ForfiniteStories's Avatar


ForfiniteStories
02.28.2020 , 10:17 AM | #5
You better watch out; my Flashfire is an Autobot.

sirtomcoon's Avatar


sirtomcoon
02.28.2020 , 03:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Sorry, but this statement is just wrong. Just because someone is skilled enough to get that many kills doesn't mean they are using an Aim bot. Reporting someone without proof that they are actually cheating is just wrong. So reporting such players as your suggesting should never happen.
Still, if someone notices something that seems off it's only right that they report it, because that will allow investigation. If there's nothing wrong, then there's nothing to worry about.

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
02.28.2020 , 04:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sirtomcoon View Post
Still, if someone notices something that seems off it's only right that they report it, because that will allow investigation. If there's nothing wrong, then there's nothing to worry about.
Seeing something that is off, and reporting it, and seeing someone racking up massive kill counts is completely different. The original comment said to report people if they had 35 kills in a DM match, which is 100% possible without cheating by a really good player, when the opposing team is all made up of new players.

The only thing I've seen in GSF so far that is worthy of Reporting is someone intentionally Self Destructing in a TDM a ton. For example there have been screenshots of people Self Destructing 20+ times in 1 match. These are the only people I've seen worthy of being reported.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Ttoilleekul's Avatar


Ttoilleekul
02.29.2020 , 03:48 PM | #8
This post seems very off to me. Assumptions that people are cheating just because they do big numbers. I've been accused of cheating myself, several times, and all the other pilots on DM that I socialise with on a regular bases who can also do big numbers, have all likewise been accused of cheating. Its like a badge of honor at this point - when you've been accused of cheating you know you've made it.

"There's no way you can have that kind of accuracy" - Yes you can. (I shot 90% once while trying to get Crack Shot achievement - and still did 12 kills - No missiles cheating that one either, it was all guns).

"There's no way you can destroy a ship that fast" - Yes you can. Simple as that.

"There's no way you can do X number of kills / damage that often" - Yes you can.

So unless you actually have evidence of someone cheating, assume they aren't, and instead ask them for help to get better - that goes down a lot better. It's what I did, and it turned me from an average pilot to a pretty skilled one.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
03.03.2020 , 12:25 AM | #9
I do not really see any of such accusations in GSF on DM. There are players who are simply good. There is a differnce when kids play this game and when adults do. As adults we have much slower reaction time etc. Sooner or later even these kids will grow up (at least physically) and they will have the same issues and since GSF is not that popular there will be no new kids playing it and it will all be a slow show

Anyway, GSF is and also was a good way to farm conquest and fragments (components in the past) so you will have people that afk or do little effort in the match since they are there not to play but to get the rewards.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

philwil's Avatar


philwil
03.04.2020 , 10:36 AM | #10
All I can tell you is, if one pilot is giving you that much issue, you might want to get good.

Im not even joking.

You can do it. It just takes practice and many, many hundreds of flights.

Dont be "THAT" guy that sits on their *** during matches and complains about the top guy.

Be "THEE" top guy.
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse