Anyone else had this problem with Draxus in Story Mode?

The other night my guild was doing a Dread Fortress Story Mode run, the first for several of us, but many had done it several times. When we got to the Draxus fight, there appeared to be a bug, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it or anything in the bug reports so I wanted to check here before submitting a report.

Basically, we managed all the waves of adds just fine, and had Draxus down to about 48% health before he disappeared after wave 5. We got to wave 9, and Draxus did not appear -- just the Guardians and other adds in that wave. AFTER we cleared them, Draxus re-appeared, already enraged, and insta-killed the entire raid.

This happened 5 times before we decided to call it for the night. It's not a matter of timing -- all the SM videos I've watched have shown the entire fight taking about 9-9.5 minutes on average, and we were well within that zone. It just appeared to be that he wasn't spawning at the proper time in the last wave, then coming back enraged.

Has anyone else encountered this?

The other night my guild was doing a Dread Fortress Story Mode run, the first for several of us, but many had done it several times. When we got to the Draxus fight, there appeared to be a bug, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it or anything in the bug reports so I wanted to check here before submitting a report.

Basically, we managed all the waves of adds just fine, and had Draxus down to about 48% health before he disappeared after wave 5. We got to wave 9, and Draxus did not appear -- just the Guardians and other adds in that wave. AFTER we cleared them, Draxus re-appeared, already enraged, and insta-killed the entire raid.

This happened 5 times before we decided to call it for the night. It's not a matter of timing -- all the SM videos I've watched have shown the entire fight taking about 9-9.5 minutes on average, and we were well within that zone. It just appeared to be that he wasn't spawning at the proper time in the last wave, then coming back enraged.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I have not seen this behavior personally, and I don't remember if the SM burn down progression of Draxus is any different, but for HM at least, 48% health after wave 5 is really high.

By the time he takes off for the 3rd time, he should be around 20%.

I don't know necessarily what is triggering him taking off at 48% (maybe there's some sort of encounter time lift off proc) as well but he should be way lower in health by then. So my guess is those health percentages (for some odd, unexplainable reason) are what could be altering the final phase.

The first time we tried this we hit enrage, but he still came down with wave 9. So I agree with earlier posts that either a) you're advancing add waves before doing maximal damage to the boss or b) your dps is low and a timed mechanic is happening before a % health mechanic. That explains the enrage, not sure of the issue with him waiting until wave 9 adds are dead.

Wave 3 is the wave where you have to consciously keep an add alive. I usually mark one (left add on west side). I say consciously because he'll keep damaging folks while you burn boss. The other reason to do this on wave 3 is that wave 4 has the dismantlers, which would get crazy with the boss still up, especially in HM. Keeping wave 5 adds alive and burning boss should be obvious because of the bulwarks. No reason to kill them before boss since they do no damage.