Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

jesseleeca

Been on this forum for quite some time, I have finished updating my guilds commando guide (may have mistake or non removed old values was 5 am when i did this)

http://phalanxswtor.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=445639&TabID=3813389&TopicID=10360072&Page=1&ForumID=2150363#forumEnd

Should be open for everyone if not ill adjust it, If there anything there I have wrong or could use an update for please let me know

Inc

Sorry as i said 5am should be adjusted now new link

http://phalanxswtor.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=445639&TabID=3813389&TopicID=10360401&ForumID=2150362#forumEnd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems you didn't get much infomration about relics lately:

Relic Update (Thanks Keren):

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1es8kl/pve_power_relics_dont_stack_with_pve_direct/

To sum up, PVE damage proc and power proc relics can't proc within the same window. Making the PVE Cerulean Nova and PVE Serendiptious Assault relics incompatabile. At least when it comes to BiS.

This could be working as intended or not, we'll see in 2.1.1. But I think it is working as intended which would mean that the possible BiS combinations would be either the Cerulean Nova w/ Boundless Ages OR Serendipitous Assault w/ Boundless Ages. Simulations show that the CN and SA are remarkably similar, meaning both could be quite viable. I have the CN right now, so my natural choice would be to go with the BA and call it a day and reassess with the next content.

So, its a question about CN or SA relics in combination with BA

seems you didn't get much infomration about relics lately:

So, its a question about CN or SA relics in combination with BA

Been prepping for midterms :( so haven't had time to do much, edited.

Also added Titan 6 to guide, now back to biochem. :(

Edited by jesseleeca

• 2 weeks later...

2.2 is out and we're starting to do 16M NiM TFB, will start adding in strats as we progress over the next few weeks . Raiding 2~3 nights a week means slow progression, our guild isn't hardcore so you guys will just have to wait. In the mean time Dulfy is, as always, a good source of info. But keep in mind from our experiences that 16M is (much) harder than 8M even beyond the difficulty of finding 16 non-stupid people.

If...IF I'm not too lazy I'll try to finish the boss guides for HM S & V (there are too many bosses :p)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished Thrasher for HM S&V. /broken record I'll try to finish them when I'm up to it. /end broken record

As for the new NiMs :o, we've pretty much stopped raiding for now due to people being away for the summer and sh*t with no ETA of restarting :(. Anyone wanna step in and continue the boss strats? :p

• 1 month later...
Back from vacation and the guild has started raiding again in 8 man, I should be back to raiding next Wednesday after which I'll try to start updating the guides. Also updated (Operations Chief) and edited some stuff. Edited by jesseleeca

• 2 weeks later...

Since we lost a lot of people we have gone back to mostly HM S&V to gear people out, but we did down 1st boss of NiM TFB with 2 pugs last night and we plan on doing Operator and beyond on NiM on Sunday so I'll continue updating as we progress. We'll be doing the new raids when 2.4 comes out next week so I'll also try to start on that.

On a side note, we are trying to build back our 16M team so if you're on Pot5 pub side and want to get in on the fun, shoot anyone in Rude Dudes (pub) or Rude Boys (imp) a tell. Or you can just pm me if you see me online I'll either be on my commando (Havok-leader) or my op healer (Imperial-havok), I know, terrible naming:p. For more info go here or here.

We got 3/5 in HM Dread Fortress tonight with me at 600~1000 ms lag so I'd call it a good run, especially since we didn't read any guides. (Those are for n00bs :cool:)

Gonna start putting up some strats tomorrow.

tl;dr 1&3 boss were easy, 2nd is a b*tch.

Added 1st and 3rd boss of HM DF (not much since they're fairly straightforward and easy), I'll add the 2nd one later since it's a pain.

As a side note, has anyone tried parsing to see whether the proc crit relic is any good? i.e. is the ~7.5% crit it gives better than the power from the SA?

offftopic: Are there any good Assault / Pyrotech PVE guides that people use around here?

There is a Assault Hybrid one, but I haven't seen any pure Assault ones since apparently taking AP does not help dps. (I may be wrong though, I'm not that up to date with Assault spec.)

Added 1st and 3rd boss of HM DF (not much since they're fairly straightforward and easy), I'll add the 2nd one later since it's a pain.

As a side note, has anyone tried parsing to see whether the proc crit relic is any good? i.e. is the ~7.5% crit it gives better than the power from the SA?

Why not use both?

Why not use both?

That's what I was trying out, a PvP proc power+ proc crit. I'm back to DG SA+PvP SA now, it "feels" I wasn't doing as much damage with the proc crit relic but without parses, and I don't really have time to run those, I can't be sure.

Also, 4/5 HM DF and 3/5 HM DP now, 7 bosses in 3.5 hours isn't that bad. :) As a side note, I was running the Assault hybrid for the 2nd boss of DP.

Edited by jesseleeca

4/5 in both HM DF and DP now, stuff is buggy as sh*t. Midterms coming up so may not be doing the guides any time soon.

But here's some random stuff about the bosses.

DF

4th: Easy stuff.

DP

1st: Lot's of adds, have good raid awareness helps a lot, get out of puddles.

2nd: Used hybrid with GR, hectic fight with a decent amount of movement, I'll see if I can try Gunnery next time.

3rd: Bugged out and didn't change phases, since they fixed it we'll have to do it legit this week.

4th: The definition of a buggy fight. Btw BW, boss randomly dropping aggro and turning to AoE raid is not cool. :mad:

tl;dr: have good raid awareness, get out of puddles, don't bring stuff into the raid, and BW needs to do better bug checking on their stuff.

Edited by jesseleeca

There is a Assault Hybrid one, but I haven't seen any pure Assault ones since apparently taking AP does not help dps. (I may be wrong though, I'm not that up to date with Assault spec.)

I cannot edit the title of my guide, it has a full assault section if you were wondering. Full Assault is totally viable I just don't use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Finished the guide for HM DF minus 2nd boss.

Has anyone tried using gunnery for the 2nd boss in DP? I've been using hybrid and I'm wondering how gunnery does for that fight.

I did gunnery our first couple of weeks in there. I honestly found it more or less the same as Assault (for damage anyway). The fight is, for the most part, one big extended trash pull with a boss that sometimes drops down to say hi. Both specs have the on demand burst to get the boss back the hell up when he drops the first few times, and drop a guardian of the fortress when they spawn, so it's more or less a matter of preference. I've done both specs in that fight now and didn't notice a significant difference really between the two as far as bottom line. Honestly, probably the best spec in there is Focus Sentinel if you're just looking for pure DPS numbers (or sabo slinger) but the dangerous parts in that fight are when you want a good chunk of single target damage in a short amount of time, and both specs can play that game pretty well.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

I did gunnery our first couple of weeks in there. I honestly found it more or less the same as Assault (for damage anyway). The fight is, for the most part, one big extended trash pull with a boss that sometimes drops down to say hi. Both specs have the on demand burst to get the boss back the hell up when he drops the first few times, and drop a guardian of the fortress when they spawn, so it's more or less a matter of preference. I've done both specs in that fight now and didn't notice a significant difference really between the two as far as bottom line. Honestly, probably the best spec in there is Focus Sentinel if you're just looking for pure DPS numbers (or sabo slinger) but the dangerous parts in that fight are when you want a good chunk of single target damage in a short amount of time, and both specs can play that game pretty well.

That's the 2nd one in DF not DP.

Edit: In other news, we're now 5/5 HM DP and I'm rocking a brand new 78 mainhand :D.

Edited by jesseleeca