Great tip for new/returning players! (color crystals)

Pyrotesh

Make sure if you want to transfer a cartel market color crystal you use a legacy weapon to do so. It saves you cartel coins for the unlock if you equip it and only costs a few credits to do so. Just a friendly tip.

I wasn't sure it would let the new alt unlock it, so I ran a test. Sure enough, transfer it over as you wrote, and that character then has same privileges, i.e. can get infinite copies from collections!

Cost 7315 credits to remove from the armor. For non-subs I think it'll be 50% more. Not a bad deal.

I disagree about this being a "great tip." It's not bad if you don't have cartel coins, but for a sub, just spend the 50-100 to get the account unlock, then it's available even if you start on another server.

Legacy weapon is extremely few and the trouble to get it, just for crystal transfer is not worth it.

Better way is, buy a cartel rare grade (silver) crystal. Unlock it for 60cc account wide.

Unlimited number of that crystal can be collected from collection. Equip for all characters and companions custom weapon/offhand. Even for low level or beginning characters' custom weapon, use and throw.

Legacy weapon is extremely few and the trouble to get it, just for crystal transfer is not worth it.

Better way is, buy a cartel rare grade (silver) crystal. Unlock it for 60cc account wide.

Unlimited number of that crystal can be collected from collection. Equip for all characters and companions custom weapon/offhand. Even for low level or beginning characters' custom weapon, use and throw.

How are they hard to get? Also what if they want gold rarity crystals? This is just a general tip, sure they could pay cc but 7k credits is easier to come by than 60cc for most players, 400cc for the rarer crystals. I was just giving them an alternative. Also not worth it is speculative, my legacy bank is filled with legacy weapons I have acquired, just requires a little participation in holiday or monthly events to get....really not a struggle to obtain.

Edited by Pyrotesh

I don't want silver on any character. Ever. I can't be the only person who dislikes that color.

Also, don't republic characters get a legacy item near the end of the story on coruscant? I know all mine get some token for one, but I'm not sure if that's like a founder perk or something everyone gets.

On the other hand, I've never figured out how to use it.... So I have like 2 dozen of them across all my characters.

Edited by GavinRuneblade

I don't want silver on any character. Ever.

The Crystal is not silver. Actually there are several different color crystals. What they are talking about is items from the Cartel Market typically have a small Cartel symbol in the bottom left corner of the item icon denoting its rarity. Some are silver colored (rare) and some are gold (even more rare). On average it seems that Silver rarity color crystals with a global unlock, cost about 60cc to activate the global unlock once it has been put into your Collections.

As for the item that you are talking about, I'm not sure. I know that you receive a token for an Inheritance Main Hand weapon at the completion of your Chapter 1 story missions. I do not remember, offhand, if that item (once it is redeemed) is legacy bound or simply BoP, however.

The Crystal is not silver. Actually there are several different color crystals. What they are talking about is items from the Cartel Market typically have a small Cartel symbol in the bottom left corner of the item icon denoting its rarity. Some are silver colored (rare) and some are gold (even more rare). On average it seems that Silver rarity color crystals with a global unlock, cost about 60cc to activate the global unlock once it has been put into your Collections.

Thanks for the clarification!

As for the item that you are talking about, I'm not sure. I know that you receive a token for an Inheritance Main Hand weapon at the completion of your Chapter 1 story missions. I do not remember, offhand, if that item (once it is redeemed) is legacy bound or simply BoP, however.

I remember it was added as part of the original legacy implementation and linked to some tutorial mission on legacies. One of my really old characters has tokens for both a mainhand and helmet, but after a few frustrating hours on coruscant I gave up and never tried to redeem them again.

From what I read it seemed the intent was to be bind to account or some version of unlock for account. Because they talked in the popup windows about helping my other characters. Like I said, I never could figure out how to use them.

If it's the inheritance gear tokens, the vendors on Coruscant are on the left side of the approach to the Senate tower, before you get to the stairs that go to the underground area in front of the tower. There will be four vendors - one for each basic class type.

If it's the inheritance gear tokens, the vendors on Coruscant are on the left side of the approach to the Senate tower, before you get to the stairs that go to the underground area in front of the tower. There will be four vendors - one for each basic class type.

Oh I know where the vendors are. They just won't sell me any items. Apparently I'm missing something obvious that I can't figure out.

Oh I know where the vendors are. They just won't sell me any items. Apparently I'm missing something obvious that I can't figure out.
Ah, the Inheritance item thing. It’s not really all that big a deal. I have four of the mainhand tokens and have only turned in one.

As someone mentioned, you get one per toon when completing Chapter 1. Token is Bind on Legacy. It lets you turn it in to those vendors for a ~L14 blue, non-modable (except for the Crystal!) mainhand. The stats are somewhat buffed, so it is apparently slightly better than a custom, [edit:purple mod'ed] item of the same level. The weapon is also BoL, but is class-specific, and even advanced class-specific (ex: double lightsaber for Consular Shadow only).

You can also buy other Inheritance items (and similar, but ~L31 “Birthright” items) from some vendors as well (Ilum for Basic Comms, fleet HQ for Fleet Comms).

You have many toons, so obviously experienced, but let’s go through the steps anyway:

• Send to an alt (mail or Legacy storage).
  • Have alt exchange at the appropriate vendor for their class at the legacy vendors at home planet (Coruscant or DK).
  • You do not want to do this with the toon that was awarded it, as they are way over-leveled for the item.

Not sure why it is not letting you do that. Maybe it only works for the vendor of the class you are playing, and maybe only lets you buy what that class can use (others are greyed out, but usually that doesn’t prevent you from purchasing).

Regardless, it is of limited value. Passing crystals is one. And yes, it is slightly better than a purple MH at same level. But I usually have a blue modded custom by that point, so it is only marginally better. Ergo, my growing token collection.

Edited by DocDAM

Ah, the Inheritance item thing. It’s not really all that big a deal. I have four of the mainhand tokens and have only turned in one.

As someone mentioned, you get one per toon when completing Chapter 1. Token is Bind on Legacy. It lets you turn it in to those vendors for a ~L14 blue, non-modable (except for the Crystal!) mainhand. The blue stats are somewhat buffed, so it is apparently slightly better than a custom, blue-mod’ed item of the same level. The weapon is also BoL, but is class-specific, and even advanced class-specific (ex: double lightsaber for Consular Shadow only).

You can also buy other Inheritance items (and similar, but ~L31 “Birthright” items) from some vendors as well (Ilum for Basic Comms, fleet HQ for Fleet Comms).

You have many toons, so obviously experienced, but let’s go through the steps anyway:

• Send to an alt (mail or Legacy storage).
  • Have alt exchange at the appropriate vendor for their class at the legacy vendors at home planet (Coruscant or DK).
  • You do not want to do this with the toon that was awarded it, as they are way over-leveled for the item.

Not sure why it is not letting you do that. Maybe it only works for the vendor of the class you are playing, and maybe only lets you buy what that class can use (others are greyed out, but usually that doesn’t prevent you from purchasing).

Regardless, it is of limited value. Passing crystals is one. And yes, it is better than anything but a purple modded MH. But I usually have a blue modded custom by that point, so it is only marginally better. Ergo, my growing token collection.

Thank you for the contribution. I couldn't have worded it any better myself.

As someone mentioned, you get one per toon when completing Chapter 1. Token is Bind on Legacy. It lets you turn it in to those vendors for a ~L14 blue, non-modable (except for the Crystal!) mainhand. The blue stats are somewhat buffed, so it is apparently slightly better than a custom, blue-mod’ed item of the same level. The weapon is also BoL, but is class-specific, and even advanced class-specific (ex: double lightsaber for Consular Shadow only).

Thanks for the info! If its blue non-moddable, then I pretty much don't mind not getting them.

Thanks for the info! If its blue non-moddable, then I pretty much don't mind not getting them.
My memory isn't what it used to be, so I double checked the stats. Might vary from gear to gear, but the one I checked can be worn at L14 and has a 50-rating. Which is same as a purple L15. So, nice stats. But yes, the only slot is for the crystal. So it can carry you through a few more levels, but by about L17, a blue-modded custom will be equivalent.