Sell top 3 titles on the at the PVP Vendor

Delani

Those who earned it, receive it like they rightfully should but there should be an option to buy it for 500k ranked warzone commedations. So that players who work hard enough can acquire it as well.

This actually works atm, but u cant buy top titles but just the rewards from tiers.

Yea I saw, but some people may never be able to obtain a top 3 title because of lack of skill and win traders. So it could give players who want one incentive to keep partaking in ranked and get better. Just make it expensive so that it remaines rare and special. idk i just think adding titles to the pot would be a good addition:cool:

Edited by Delani

This would create another way to exploit these titles. You would have people just quing for "pvp coms" and this would hurt the ranked matches even more. I think the way it is now is the best possibility as the prices are well setup since it makes it possible to buy the rewards and also its a LOT of work, so not worth going into ranked to lose a zillion matches to be able to afford it.

A better solution to combat the wintrading would be to cancel top 3 in general, but who knows what kind of impact this would have on ranked.

Might as well add them to the cartel market if you go that route. Most top3 players would give that suggestion a gigantic lolno, myself included.

Most top 3 players wintraded for their titles. I doubt they would ever put top 3 titles up for purchase, but Mero might be onto something with the removing top 3 suggestion. Much of the motivation to wintrade would be removed, and so the integrity of ranked would improve dramatically.

I mean in my experience, most players that think that most players wintraded for their top3s generally don't have a snowballs chance in Hades of getting a top3. Wintrading happens, maybe more than it used to in recent seasons... but to say most wintraded is not something you should claim without substantial evidence and knowledge.

I mean in my experience, most players that think that most players wintraded for their top3s generally don't have a snowballs chance in Hades of getting a top3. Wintrading happens, maybe more than it used to in recent seasons... but to say most wintraded is not something you should claim without substantial evidence and knowledge.

Can't name and shame or provide evidence on the forums sadly.

Most top 3 players wintraded for their titles. I doubt they would ever put top 3 titles up for purchase, but Mero might be onto something with the removing top 3 suggestion. Much of the motivation to wintrade would be removed, and so the integrity of ranked would improve dramatically.

I think removing it is not a good solution at all, top 3's are very cool and rare. Removing it would make a lot of ranked players unhappy because it gives a lot fo players something to strive for. I really dont understand why you think removing it is a better idea than making it more accesbile? Can you explain.

It would would also equate in an even smaller population than there is now.

This would create another way to exploit these titles. You would have people just quing for "pvp coms" and this would hurt the ranked matches even more. I think the way it is now is the best possibility as the prices are well setup since it makes it possible to buy the rewards and also its a LOT of work, so not worth going into ranked to lose a zillion matches to be able to afford it.

A better solution to combat the wintrading would be to cancel top 3 in general, but who knows what kind of impact this would have on ranked.

How would they exploit it? More people would probably partake in ranked and group ranked. The season 1 rancor that is set at 200k ranked commendation is VERY expensive and I have yet to see more than 5 people with it. Making the price for a top 3 title at 400k would take a while but atleast players who cant obtain a top 3 position on the leaderboards now can still acquire it if they invest a LOT of time into the game and the ranked scene. Removing it would drastically ruin q's and literally completly decimate the group ranked scene as a whole.

Also removing mats from group ranked, was a terrible idea imo. Although people were just quing for mats, group ranked actually was active and popped. Nowadays its blantant wintrade and the group ranked scene is basiccally dead. Removing top 3's would further this population issue.

Edited by Delani

I think removing it is not a good solution at all, top 3's are very cool and rare. Removing it would make a lot of ranked players unhappy because it gives a lot fo players something to strive for. I really dont understand why you think removing it is a better idea than making it more accesbile? Can you explain.

I mean, the answer is in my post. The majority of top 3 titles were wintraded for. So if you see someone with a top 3 title, there is a great chance that that person either wintraded for it, or bought the account that wintraded for it. That's just the sad reality. Certainly some have earned it legitimately, but they are the minority. The only ranked players that would really be upset if they removed them would be the wintraders and account sellers, and sure, maybe the like 10 people that are striving for those titles legitimately (and have a chance at reaching them).

I seriously, seriously doubt that removing top 3 rewards would result in a decrease in people queueing. In fact, the perceived, and probably real, integrity of the system as a whole would increase, and it's possible that more people would queue.

Speaking only for myself, I got gold on my main within the first week of season 11, and I have virtually no chance of ever reaching top 3 legitimately. I'm not striving for it. The way matchmaking works makes it extremely hard to climb that high beyond the first few weeks of the season. Yet I continue to queue, for hundreds of games, because I enjoy solo ranked and I just want to do the best that I can regardless of the ultimate outcome.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I mean, the answer is in my post. The majority of top 3 titles were wintraded for. So if you see someone with a top 3 title, there is a great chance that that person either wintraded for it, or bought the account that wintraded for it. That's just the sad reality. Certainly some have earned it legitimately, but they are the minority. The only ranked players that would really be upset if they removed them would be the wintraders and account sellers, and sure, maybe the like 10 people that are striving for those titles legitimately (and have a chance at reaching them).

I seriously, seriously doubt that removing top 3 rewards would result in a decrease in people queueing. In fact, the perceived, and probably real, integrity of the system as a whole would increase, and it's possible that more people would queue.

Speaking only for myself, I got gold on my main within the first week of season 11, and I have virtually no chance of ever reaching top 3 legitimately. I'm not striving for it. The way matchmaking works makes it extremely hard to climb that high beyond the first few weeks of the season. Yet I continue to queue, for hundreds of games, because I enjoy solo ranked and I just want to do the best that I can regardless of the ultimate outcome.

So they should just sell the class titles on the at the pvp vendor with a large amount of pvp commendations and should not reward the top 3 highest ratings in the class? Removing the class titles by itself is not really a good idea nor would it make players happy. And like you said, people are wintrading because of how rare they are, without that reward, even the people who are willing to go to the extreme would not q. The q's would drop from 20 people to possibly 5. We already saw a dent in the ranked population when they removed mats. No reward=no incentive= no participants= no ranked pops lol There would ultimately be no point because there is no reward. Sure you may q ranked for fun but if rating was not involved, most people would not go through the torment, stuggle, and grind.

This is a joke post, right? Sarcasm? Trolling.

Because in one reply, the OP agrees there was a lot of wintrading going on, and in another, the OP says its rare and something to strive for, and they want to make it potentially accessible to everyone?

I was (am) on board with older season rewards like weapons, color crystals, mounts, decorations being sold for commendations, but not with top 3 titles.

Fix the system that allows for the cheating. Don't remove all incentive to strive for excellence.

This is a joke post, right? Sarcasm? Trolling.

Because in one reply, the OP agrees there was a lot of wintrading going on, and in another, the OP says its rare and something to strive for, and they want to make it potentially accessible to everyone?

I was (am) on board with older season rewards like weapons, color crystals, mounts, decorations being sold for commendations, but not with top 3 titles.

Fix the system that allows for the cheating. Don't remove all incentive to strive for excellence.

There still is incentive, my suggestions is add them to the vendor at an extremly expensive price like 500k commendations and give it to the top 3 players.

To be clear, I'm not necessarily in favor of removing top 3, but I think it's an idea worth considering if all else fails. There are other steps they can take first.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

There still is incentive, my suggestions is add them to the vendor at an extremly expensive price like 500k commendations and give it to the top 3 players.

No, because the title is all about being in the actual top 3, not that you can purchase a cool title with enough grinding.

Cheating/wintrading aside, the INTENT of the title is to designate, well, the top 3 in an advanced class. I'd prefer the system get fixed to make the competition more genuine, rather than remove all incentive to have an achievement.

When these "old season rewards being brought back" topic was actively being discussed, I gave the example of the Superbowl. Everyone on the winning team gets a ring, but the best players on the losing team probably still earn enough money to buy a brand new $100k sportscar. The best players deserve the titles, and maybe even exclusive decorations, but the weapons, or the mount, or some of the other decorations, can be purchased by anyone with enough tokens. And since, for example, Giarrada's rancor is only like 200k tokens, I would personally say 500k is too low a number.

I think its ok to draw a line somewhere and my opinion is that the line ought to be drawn between rewards intended to highlight the pinnacle of skill from rewards that are provided to general tiers of skill. I thought it was a good idea to bring the old rewards since it may very well encourage some participation in pvp. But having a unique title may be just the incentive some people need to strive for that top 3.

Again, this is in an ideal world where there is no cheating. I'm certainly not an expert on what would be superior to ELO or how to fix wintrading. I have no skin in this game because I haven't done ranked since season 4 and never made it out of bronze tier.

But people cheat at the Olympics. Should we take away the medals entirely? Should we make it so that athletes can buy the Gold/Silver/Bronze medals from the 19xx or 20xx Olympics after they've, I dunno, lets say swam the 100m freestyle in 50 meets? 100 meets? I mean that's what you're proposing, essentially. Its the difference between an Olympic athlete today earning enough money from endorsements after competing in the 2016 Olympics to buy a sports car, versus that same Olympic athlete using that money to buy a Gold medal from the 1996 Olympics.

I would be interested in seeing your wintrading evidence, especially for all the seasons you have not participated or even played the game during. You only played S1 and this season no?

Wintrading happens, it certainly has happened in past seasons... but I highly doubt it happens to the degree most claim on the forums.

There are many factors involved in ranked success in top3, luck for example being a more significant factor in solos the past couple seasons than ever before. There are many factors one should take into account before resorting to wintrading as the explanation.

What one more than often tends to find with those who proclaim everyone wintrades, hacks, cheats, etc. is that these outcriers are those who have no hope of climbing in the system, are resentful, and want to burn it down along with those that strive for and obtain the pinnacle. Due to the levels of arbitrarity involved in everything all of this is understandable... but not really acceptable. If there is justice to be had let it be had to the extent that it can, but one should not allow envy to make one cast unfounded accusations on those that are more likely deserving than not.

This is not necessarily saying you are one of these outcriers, just that you display many of their characteristics, and its something to consider if you have not.

No, because the title is all about being in the actual top 3, not that you can purchase a cool title with enough grinding.

Cheating/wintrading aside, the INTENT of the title is to designate, well, the top 3 in an advanced class. I'd prefer the system get fixed to make the competition more genuine, rather than remove all incentive to have an achievement.

When these "old season rewards being brought back" topic was actively being discussed, I gave the example of the Superbowl. Everyone on the winning team gets a ring, but the best players on the losing team probably still earn enough money to buy a brand new $100k sportscar. The best players deserve the titles, and maybe even exclusive decorations, but the weapons, or the mount, or some of the other decorations, can be purchased by anyone with enough tokens. And since, for example, Giarrada's rancor is only like 200k tokens, I would personally say 500k is too low a number.

I think its ok to draw a line somewhere and my opinion is that the line ought to be drawn between rewards intended to highlight the pinnacle of skill from rewards that are provided to general tiers of skill. I thought it was a good idea to bring the old rewards since it may very well encourage some participation in pvp. But having a unique title may be just the incentive some people need to strive for that top 3.

Again, this is in an ideal world where there is no cheating. I'm certainly not an expert on what would be superior to ELO or how to fix wintrading. I have no skin in this game because I haven't done ranked since season 4 and never made it out of bronze tier.

But people cheat at the Olympics. Should we take away the medals entirely? Should we make it so that athletes can buy the Gold/Silver/Bronze medals from the 19xx or 20xx Olympics after they've, I dunno, lets say swam the 100m freestyle in 50 meets? 100 meets? I mean that's what you're proposing, essentially. Its the difference between an Olympic athlete today earning enough money from endorsements after competing in the 2016 Olympics to buy a sports car, versus that same Olympic athlete using that money to buy a Gold medal from the 1996 Olympics.

The reason why I suggested this idea is to lower the amounts of cheating and wintrading that occcurs in ranked. The reason why it occurs is for the reward, the top 3 titles are that special because only so few people have one. Lets be honest, this game isnt a massive E-sports game where skill actually matters. People want the title because they are cool and rare, not to display there skill. The community is so small that everyone knows everyone already and we already know who the "good" players are versus the bad players. Unless the population sees a rapid growth after an expansion or major update, I do not see the point of not making the reward that people are willing to cheat for more accesible. Maybe they could give actual top 3 players a flair but sell the class title alone at the pvp vendor for an expensive price. That way players can know who actually earned it versus who bought it.

I would be interested in seeing your wintrading evidence, especially for all the seasons you have not participated or even played the game during. You only played S1 and this season no?

Wintrading happens, it certainly has happened in past seasons... but I highly doubt it happens to the degree most claim on the forums.

There are many factors involved in ranked success in top3, luck for example being a more significant factor in solos the past couple seasons than ever before. There are many factors one should take into account before resorting to wintrading as the explanation.

What one more than often tends to find with those who proclaim everyone wintrades, hacks, cheats, etc. is that these outcriers are those who have no hope of climbing in the system, are resentful, and want to burn it down along with those that strive for and obtain the pinnacle. Due to the levels of arbitrarity involved in everything all of this is understandable... but not really acceptable. If there is justice to be had let it be had to the extent that it can, but one should not allow envy to make one cast unfounded accusations on those that are more likely deserving than not.

This is not necessarily saying you are one of these outcriers, just that you display many of their characteristics, and its something to consider if you have not.

I played season 1 (s1 all-star), quit the game for 4 years, came back last year and played a lot in season 10 (gold), and now 11 (gold). Remember, as I said in the post that you quoted, I enjoy playing solo ranked, even though I have virtually no chance of getting top 3 given the way the system works. My main is also a below average spec (madness sorc), and probably I'm just not quite good enough anyway.

So I'm not looking to "burn it down" as you say. I'm not trying to put down skilled players. But I have seen too much evidence, some of it personally, and some of it from others on discords, as well as conversations with serial wintraders that sold accounts in past seasons. There's just no doubt that many, many of the top 3 rewards earned throughout this game's history have been wintraded for. And it's clearly still happening.

And let me clarify my position. The vast majority of solo ranked matches have no wintrading taking place. I'm not one to throw around accusations wildly. I think only a tiny minority of ranked players are wintrading. There are not many players in contention for top 3 rewards, and they are pretty much the only ones wintrading as far as I can tell. I only know of a handful of people that have wintraded for gold alone.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Removing it would drastically ruin q's and literally completly decimate the group ranked scene as a whole.

Also removing mats from group ranked, was a terrible idea imo. Although people were just quing for mats, group ranked actually was active and popped. Nowadays its blantant wintrade and the group ranked scene is basiccally dead. Removing top 3's would further this population issue.

Did the que die when we had presason? No, people went it to have fun. The same would be if there were no top 3s, people who really like ranked would play and just play for gold tier.

Group ranked is a sad thing. There is just not enough people. As you said people used it to get mats and the pvp community used it to get top 3s. We simply always come back to the top 3s. Now group ranked is even more of a source of top 3s cause there is just no pops so people will get top 3s even if they dont qualify for gold tier, its silly.

I played season 1 (s1 all-star), quit the game for 4 years, came back last year and played a lot in season 10 (gold), and now 11 (gold). Remember, as I said in the post that you quoted, I enjoy playing solo ranked, even though I have virtually no chance of getting top 3 given the way the system works. My main is also a below average spec (madness sorc), and probably I'm just not quite good enough anyway.

So I'm not looking to "burn it down" as you say. I'm not trying to put down skilled players. But I have seen too much evidence, some of it personally, and some of it from others on discords, as well as conversations with serial wintraders that sold accounts in past seasons. There's just no doubt that many, many of the top 3 rewards earned throughout this game's history have been wintraded for. And it's clearly still happening.

And let me clarify my position. The vast majority of solo ranked matches have no wintrading taking place. I'm not one to throw around accusations wildly. I think only a tiny minority of ranked players are wintrading. There are not many players in contention for top 3 rewards, and they are pretty much the only ones wintrading as far as I can tell. I only know of a handful of people that have wintraded for gold alone.

Saying a minority of ranked players wintrade sounds a lot more reasonable than the majority. I just can't see more than half of the titles ever given being the result of trades, which is what you made it sound like. Prove me wrong, I would be glad to be enlightened if it is or was indeed that bad.