Unsubbed

Oreget

Not enough pve concent.

PvP sux.

Also thank you for ruining ma star wars fantasy by destroying sith warrior with lousy ravage animation.

Lost all interest in the game.

Unsubbed.May be will return in a few months to see if there any changes.

Or may be not.Goodbye.

Not enough pve concent.

Then it does sound like it's time for a break, however, don't play Anthem then. That game doesn't even have 5% of the content this game has.

PvP sux.

That's personal of course but I haven't seen any MMO where I thought PvP was really good. For good PvP I play other types of games to be honest.

Also thank you for ruining ma star wars fantasy by destroying sith warrior with lousy ravage animation.

Well not sure about an animation ruining an entire class but that's probably part of the overall frustration.

That is for sure a good reason to quit.

Or may be not.Goodbye.

Yeah, it's a shame that you got to this point just before the new expansion comes out but to be fair, I think this is the longest wait we've had for an expansion, so if you've been there for all of it I can imagine it must be very stale by now.

Good luck in any case.

Well not sure about an animation ruining an entire class but that's probably part of the overall frustration.

Especially since BioWare had very good reasons to change that ability on both the Warrior and the Knight and they did not one day out of the blue decide that they don't like the look anymore and change the animation. In PvP it was heavily exploitable when using them meant that you were locked into an immobilizing channel that you could not get out of.

I've seen complaints about the new versions and nostalgia for the old versions very often here and ingame. Most of them seem to not know or forget (or maybe not even care) that old Master Strike and Ravage might have looked cool and certainly were the most flashy of moves with a lightsaber, but from a mechanical standpoint they were pretty bad and desperately needed a change.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I couldnt care less about pvp.I play only pve for my enjoyment.

Pvp only if i need to level.

Channel not channel i don't even know what that means.

And i don't care.

I would gladly give up all pvp just give me back old animation.

I want pve quests with moral choices and concenquences.

Edited by Oreget
Smiles

To claim there's not enough PvE content means you definitely need a break. There's enough PvE to last any new player months and months of gaming, depending on game time of course. Your other points are more than valid.

See ya on the flip side.

I couldnt care less about pvp.I play only pve for my enjoyment.

Pvp only if i need to level.

Channel not channel i don't even know what that means.

And i don't care.

I would gladly give up all pvp just give me back old animation.

I want pve quests with moral choices and concenquences.

Alright, then you are one of those guys I was referring to who simply dont care and there is nothing to be done really, if losing that flashy ability move is really that much of a concern to you. Goodbye.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Not enough pve concent.

PvP sux.

Or may be not.Goodbye.

shut up and send me your stuff, thanks

The only thing I agree with here is about the old ravage animation ruining your star wars fantasy. Bioware does not understand that people want to play this MMO so that we can actually feel like we are in a star wars universe as ourselves. Animations and various character customizations is EVERYTHING. We should be able to customize the way we run and hold our lgihtsabers as well.

Especially since BioWare had very good reasons to change that ability on both the Warrior and the Knight and they did not one day out of the blue decide that they don't like the look anymore and change the animation. In PvP it was heavily exploitable when using them meant that you were locked into an immobilizing channel that you could not get out of.

I've seen complaints about the new versions and nostalgia for the old versions very often here and ingame. Most of them seem to not know or forget (or maybe not even care) that old Master Strike and Ravage might have looked cool and certainly were the most flashy of moves with a lightsaber, but from a mechanical standpoint they were pretty bad and desperately needed a change.

ok. I want to address this from a pvp standpoint. what you say is true, it was difficult to complete the ravage channel. but you say making it an instant was a good thing. I say it was the dumbing down of SWTOR, and it's not just the ravage channel. that's just a symptom of the "root" cause: everyone's mobility and cc have been jacked-up to ludicrous proportions.

for example, what was the weakest issue for casting classes? they had to root themselves to cast. I can now run once through an entire rotation in arsenal merc without once having to hard cast anything. every cast class can take a legendary utility that allows them to cast their major channel while moving. every class has at least one, usually more skills that grant immunity to movement impairing effects.

incidentally, the final tic on blazing bolts, like that of ravage, is always the big one. that's intentional. if you positioned yourself properly and deployed your channel strategically, you earned that devastating final tic. now, it's a joke b/c roots are simple to break. hydrolics, enure, cleanse, mad dash, etc.

it gets much worse. almost every class has a movement buff that either breaks the game (desync) or breaks the 8v8 maps. between lolroll and holotraverse, there's no way to outrun an op to a node. ops have enough escapes and immunities to hold a node hostage infinitum as long as they don't need to actually kill anyone. sents don't have to think about where to put their centering. it's free transcend every 30s. these are skills and class buffs that ruined the tactical choices you could make in pvp.

the only WZ that isn't broken by all of these movement buffs in NC, because the channel doesn't need to be continuous, so it doesn't matter if you're first to the node. and strategic/coordinated CC can still win the node. everything else is just who's the better 1v1 or better class to stall or who has the most speed buffs and breaks.

hell, mercs, juggs, ops all have a reflect now. I mean...that's original.

TL;DR: they needed to get rid of ravage, but only because they absolutely borked the classes with crazy amounts of mobility that not only killed traditional channel abilities but outmoded almost every 8v8 WZ map.

Edited by foxmob

Give people chocie/options, dont make choices for people. People do not like that.

ok. I want to address this from a pvp standpoint. what you say is true, it was difficult to complete the ravage channel. but you say making it an instant was a good thing. I say it was the dumbing down of SWTOR, and it's not just the ravage channel. that's just a symptom of the "root" cause: everyone's mobility and cc have been jacked-up to ludicrous proportions.

for example, what was the weakest issue for casting classes? they had to root themselves to cast. I can now run once through an entire rotation in arsenal merc without once having to hard cast anything. every cast class can take a legendary utility that allows them to cast their major channel while moving. every class has at least one, usually more skills that grant immunity to movement impairing effects.

incidentally, the final tic on blazing bolts, like that of ravage, is always the big one. that's intentional. if you positioned yourself properly and deployed your channel strategically, you earned that devastating final tic. now, it's a joke b/c roots are simple to break. hydrolics, enure, cleanse, mad dash, etc.

it gets much worse. almost every class has a movement buff that either breaks the game (desync) or breaks the 8v8 maps. between lolroll and holotraverse, there's no way to outrun an op to a node. ops have enough escapes and immunities to hold a node hostage infinitum as long as they don't need to actually kill anyone. sents don't have to think about where to put their centering. it's free transcend every 30s. these are skills and class buffs that ruined the tactical choices you could make in pvp.

the only WZ that isn't broken by all of these movement buffs in NC, because the channel doesn't need to be continuous, so it doesn't matter if you're first to the node. and strategic/coordinated CC can still win the node. everything else is just who's the better 1v1 or better class to stall or who has the most speed buffs and breaks.

hell, mercs, juggs, ops all have a reflect now. I mean...that's original.

TL;DR: they needed to get rid of ravage, but only because they absolutely borked the classes with crazy amounts of mobility that not only killed traditional channel abilities but outmoded almost every 8v8 WZ map.

You are absolutely right. Changing old Master Strike and Ravage to an instant was only a symptom of an overall mechanical change and especially with the addition of the movement granting legendary utility picks for all caster classes they finally went full on mobility, all the while granting many cc abilities and cc utility picks.

I am not arguing that the current meta of PvP combat is the best, nor am I personally actually that much interested in PvP at all, but within that shift in combat they simply were forced to address the "outdated" immobilizing channels.

I remember very vividly how all the Mmorpgs during that time flaunted their modern very fluid and very mobile combat mechanics and how much flack BioWare got for their old-fashioned, slow combat. Especially from the PvP crowd.

I can only imagine how many PvPers would be here complaining about Master Strike and Ravage if they had not changed them.

Give people chocie/options, dont make choices for people. People do not like that.

I refer to my other post. I also really like giving people choices and options, in that case though they changed it specifically because some people wanted them to make that choice for them.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I have to completely disagree.

New ravage is way better than having a channeled ability in a melee, and PvP, at least not rated is the most fun i've ever played aside from pre-mades. But since last patch i have seen it says i joined solo when i do that, so they might have made some fixes to the match making system.

As long as the rewards and the competition is fair, i love the PvP in this game. Huttball is the best. I love it. But i love the other warzones as well. Just arena i don't care about.

But to enjoy PvP you have to react fast. The burst is quite strong in this game, so you need to be fast on your defensives and quick on your actions.

Ok, as far as PvE content goes, it is lacking. That everyone knows cause it's always been that way since release. So, go cry to EA to give it more funding. I will thank you for that.

If this game had expansions sizes of the likes of FF and ESO, this game would be growing.

Also, i don't want your stuff. You can delete it all. I got what i want. Unless you have some CM decorations. You can send them my way. haha xD

Edited by Nemmar

I've unsubbed as well. However, my reasons are a bit different.

The game has sucked since KotFE, both content and story.

Due to that my guild went from 14 raid groups to 2 then 1. That 1 is now down to 2 of us who were logging in on raid nights. That was all the kept me here since KotFE.

I may come back to play through the expansion, but might not. We'll see how it looks when it actually shows up.

Not enough pve concent.

PvP sux.

Or may be not.Goodbye.

An animation is a reason you're leaving??

I've heard it all now...