To Mike Bradley

omeru

Mike you talk a lot about your great success of preventing cheating and exploiting in ranked pvp sadly we didnmt see anything about it so far but botting and throwing started in darth malgus again and same players are doing it as last year. So are you gonna let this happen again or this time you will take action about is instead of telling lies? We all know last years botter has top 3 title so all you said was just big lies nothing more. So are you gonna be honest this season or just gonna poıst your monthly "if we actually did thie ranked would be better" threads? We want actions not lies.

Also it would be perfect time to iplement matchmaking changes that you are gathering last 10 month you know you made 2 big threads about it. I am sure you have enough data to make decent changes if you were honest to get feedbacks from that threads and make actual changes but as always you were just have no intention to make actual changes just damage control posts.

Edited by omeru

To be honest, first of all what people need to realize is that the players are actually the ones cheating. I personally would differenciate between cheaters and those who want to ruin other peoples game and fun. There are a few people who qued ranked to simply spoil the game. They que and either leave the match, causing a 3v4 or stay and take off gear and simply got globalled.

Cheaters are different. They still spoil your game but in a different way. Cheaters try to get the top titles the game has to offer. They spoil the game in a way that you cant win and will never reach the top tier. If you are good and lucky you can reach gold tier but never the top3. This makes ranked pointless for those who play it to get the titles. Yeah, some were also cheating to sell titles but swtors fame sinked and thats not a business anymore.

So its actually about the players. If I were Mike I would be shaking my head everytime I see a cheater in the game. Its sad that people put so much effort into cheating others. Do they cheat in RL too? Do they cheat in exams? Its sad that Bioware has to dedicate a few people to fight such players that have no trouble to cheat all the other honest players.

Edited by merovejec

To be honest, first of all what people need to realize is that the players are actually the ones cheating. I personally would differenciate between cheaters and those who want to ruin other peoples game and fun. There are a few people who qued ranked to simply spoil the game. They que and either leave the match, causing a 3v4 or stay and take off gear and simply got globalled.

Cheaters are different. They still spoil your game but in a different way. Cheaters try to get the top titles the game has to offer. They spoil the game in a way that you cant win and will never reach the top tier. If you are good and lucky you can reach gold tier but never the top3. This makes ranked pointless for those who play it to get the titles. Yeah, some were also cheating to sell titles but swtors fame sinked and thats not a business anymore.

So its actually about the players. If I were Mike I would be shaking my head everytime I see a chester in the game. Its sad that people put so much effort into cheating others. Do they cheat in RL too? Do they cheat in exams? Its sad that Bioware has to dedicate a few people to fight such players that have no trouble to cheat all the other honest players.

Of course you will support your fellow botter since you are not far from him, i am sure you can relate yourself with the one we talk about. They let him last season and this season he will do it again and more will join them. Seson 13-14 there will be more bots than actual players.

Problem here he talks a lot what he did to prevent cheating in pvp but he lets biggest problem in game and awards him with shiny title. He askes player feedbacks for better matchmaking and 1 year, many patches an expansion and a new season later still no change in stupid matchmaking. It is so bad any change can make it better but as a classic BW developer he choose lie and deception instead of actually taking action. Is it impossible to make matchmaking better? Yes it is but it requires actually working posting same thing every 9-10 months is easier.

They even choose lie about warmonger bug instead of actually fixing it, 3 months later that utiliy is still bugged. There were hundreds of bug reports about warmonger still broken and they just ignored them and didnt fixed it after a few patch too. Sorry but they lie more than thy actually work.

Let me tell you Musco is also gonna lie about player feedbacks about class balance since they already done that usless small changes after this making actually needed changes will need them work so **** that just release this changes, they will forget and wait a few more months hoping for an actual class balance which they wont. Meanwhile Mike can post a few threads to create some hope about class balance, matchmaking and better pvp, which they wont do a **** about it.

Check dev posts Mike will make a big how to make better pvp thread in a month to some damage control and nothing will change after that.

Edited by omeru

Of course you will support your fellow botter since you are not far from him, i am sure you can relate yourself with the one we talk about. They let him last season and this season he will do it again and more will join them. Seson 13-14 there will be more bots than actual players.

I personally do not think its bots. There are mechanics in the game that identify such behavior and block the accounts. There are ways around it, but I doubt they would go through the trouble. Sure, many of the players on the leaderboards are bots so whan you want to calculate ranked participation and get 1000 players you can deduct maybe one third for sure.

I have explained it many times before that botting in solo ranked does require money as well. You actually need to subscribe that account to que. That is money to Bioware, now I do not know if this would be considered as a profit for them as it seems that people like like you complain, yet they are still here and pay sub. So why would Bioware ban a player who pays another 2-3-4 subs just to bot in ranked, while other players know he cheats, yet they still keep paying sub? Hmm?

Problem here he talks a lot what he did to prevent cheating in pvp but he lets biggest problem in game and awards him with shiny title.

Again a question of money. Its easy to click on an account and have it banned. Yet you need to realize this is a paying customer and although you can shut him off right away you should treat every player carefully as there always is the possibility of his innocense. You cannot sentence a guy for life imprisonment just like that without proof. Sure, we send them a lot of proof, but maybe its not enough! We just cant tell.

As I said, bots in solo ranked are actually expensive. Its far better to ask a few friends to help as they pay sub themselves and play the game anyway. This naturally leads to issues as people cannot be trusted. Mainly over the internet. They want something in return, probably also a top 3 title, or gold tier. If one of them isnt happy about it, he will tell others about them cheating. Cause of this bots are better, but expensive.

You can also use fraud credit cards to pay for bots, but thats one area where Bioware strikes right away, cause they dont get their money :)

Musco is also gonna lie

Keep in mind that its a job for him. He has his boss and responsibilities. There are quite a few people at Bioware and together they decide whats best for the game, to tell people the truth, keep quiet or tell some things, which are not exactly as they are.

Like today, I was supposed to send a price offer to a client, but I forgot about it. Should I now call him and tell him I forgot? How would that go? :) Instead I said the email got lost and I will send it tomorrow.

I personally do not think its bots. [...] Sure, many of the players on the leaderboards are bots so whan you want to calculate ranked participation and get 1000 players you can deduct maybe one third for sure.

One third? Cmon dude, this is not Wildstar. :D If one third was bots, the games would look A LOT different, even if one twentieth was bots which I don’t think. I think It‘s really just a few characters controlled by 1 or 2 players, that are bots.

One third? Cmon dude, this is not Wildstar. :D If one third was bots, the games would look A LOT different, even if one twentieth was bots which I don’t think. I think It‘s really just a few characters controlled by 1 or 2 players, that are bots.

Just to explain to you. If you wanna do it right, you do not run bots during prime time ;) there are many matches going on when no one else is playing.

Dont questiopn him about bots, boting is his expertise, if he says there are too many bots he must be right :)