deception assassin rotation

Slafer

There's not set rotation, but a priority system.

The simple ways is Discharge at 3 stacks > Ball Lightning > Assassinate > Maul (under duplicity)> Voltaic Slash > Saber Strike.

This is a simple version and there's a little more depth to it in reality, but since you're still learning the game it's best you master the basics before diving into the little trics.

A few things to note :

- Never ever use Maul without Duplicity. It costs almost half your force bar and is not sustainable.

- Maintain your stacks of Voltage at all cost. They last 15" so it should be too difficult, but maintaining them is primordial to building Discharge stacks with Ball Lightning.

- Use Force Cloak to chop 1' off of Recklessness CD

If you want to dive deeply in Deception, there's a guide on Dulfy. It's a tiny bit outdated, but most of it hasn't changed, just some details

The simple ways is Discharge at 3 stacks > Ball Lightning > Assassinate > Maul (under duplicity)> Voltaic Slash > Saber Strike.

This is a simple version and there's a little more depth to it in reality, but since you're still learning the game it's best you master the basics before diving into the little trics.

thanks for the info

A few things to note :

- Never ever use Maul without Duplicity. It costs almost half your force bar and is not sustainable.

- Maintain your stacks of Voltage at all cost. They last 15" so it should be too difficult, but maintaining them is primordial to building Discharge stacks with Ball Lightning.

If you want to dive deeply in Deception, there's a guide on Dulfy. It's a tiny bit outdated, but most of it hasn't changed, just some details

thanks for all the information

A few things to note :

Jaek's guide is still completely relevant only real difference is they royally screwed up shadow stride.

• 2 months later...
I've also just returned and trying to relearn the spec. I'm 65 and going to finish KotET and KofFE to level to 70 and catch up. I read your priority system and the Dulfy guide. I was hoping you coukd share with me a good opener granted that things proc and buff properly (i e., From Stealth: Phantom Stride *once I get it*>Spike>Assassinate*once i talent spec*>). That's about my current understanding, but I would like further explanation for if that opener is best or not and what woukd come next until you go back to the priority system.

Jaek's guide is still completely relevant only real difference is they royally screwed up shadow stride.

i think the shadow stride is a bit strange to use for us who played this spec for a really long time during the "off global era". but if it feels less strange every day getting used to it with those gcd's and it shouldnt be relevant for new players.

I've also just returned and trying to relearn the spec. I'm 65 and going to finish KotET and KofFE to level to 70 and catch up. I read your priority system and the Dulfy guide. I was hoping you coukd share with me a good opener granted that things proc and buff properly (i e., From Stealth: Phantom Stride *once I get it*>Spike>Assassinate*once i talent spec*>). That's about my current understanding, but I would like further explanation for if that opener is best or not and what woukd come next until you go back to the priority system.

prior to opener. 2 x lacerate to gain stacks (for ball lightning, sorry i dont know it's name right now).

recklessness (off global)

discharge

phantomstride

discharge

vanish (reset recklessness on deception with 6 set boni)

maul

discharge

overcharged saber (off global)

prio list

i think the shadow stride is a bit strange to use for us who played this spec for a really long time during the "off global era". but if it feels less strange every day getting used to it with those gcd's and it shouldnt be relevant for new players.

prior to opener. 2 x lacerate to gain stacks (for ball lightning, sorry i dont know it's name right now).

discharge

phantomstride

discharge

vanish (reset recklessness on deception with 6 set boni)

maul

discharge

overcharged saber (off global)

prio list

Thanks you for sharing this with me! I will practice and work on it. I don't seem to see Voltaic Slash much. Does Lacerate build the charges for Ball Lightning more efficiently than VS does?

I cannot seem to find a good stat priority list other than Dulfy. There is an updated Hatred guide on VULKK. It seems most dps specs aim for similar numbers now. Would I be okay following the Hatred guide on Vulkk for stat crunching?

Edited by rossonja

Thanks you for sharing this with me! I will practice and work on it. I don't seem to see Voltaic Slash much. Does Lacerate build the charges for Ball Lightning more efficiently than VS does?

I cannot seem to find a good stat priority list other than Dulfy. There is an updated Hatred guide on VULKK. It seems most dps specs aim for similar numbers now. Would I be okay following the Hatred guide on Vulkk for stat crunching?

Tbh I would not suggest going by vulkk guides, generally they’re not very realisable. I suggest using my numbers or smarty’s, I’ll edit this and put the links to both those in when I’m at my pc, for now I’ll just give you a invite to my class guide discord. It has updated guides for all classes/spec for both pub and imp, these guides are also written by people who have cleared the vast majority of PvE content in this game.

Here is a permanent link to my server: https://discord.gg/ySPUUwr