SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

And that Charles wants to do something more with class stories next year! Charles also said they are very aware people want to be able to move away from the Eternal Alliance and return to their original factions :D

Charles has been taking about doing something proper for bringing Companions, especially Love Interets, back since they took them all away with the 1st Chapter of KotFE.

Have any of the "returns" outside of the first half of KotFE been anything other than spectacular let downs? No, they haven't.

So if after two years of telling us he "wants to do it right" and all he's managed is to do it wrong; why would we be dumb enough to believe it now.

If the last 2-3 years of SWTOR has taught us players anything it should be that Bioware are awesome at promising an "exciting future" and bloody awfully incapable of delivering it.

And for proof this is still happening now look at Crisis On Umbara and the Umbara Stronghold, and borderline incompetent class balance passes of the last 8 months.

All The Best

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a lot of answering of questions going around even though the same questions keep cropping up? Wasn't one of the first comments on this thread that our questions would be answered here?

Yes, it was.

Also one of Keith's first commitments as LP was to increase communication - that didn't happen either.

New empty promises - same old bad habits; that's the Bioware way.

All The Best

Does anybody seriously believe that?

All The Best

I do, as for those servers. I do think they can get new hardware and apply a different name. But that costs money and work and it took them quite long to get from A to B. It's a bit unreasonable to ask them to change it now. I also don't think EA wants to pay for it because a bunch of us are unhappy with a name.

I do, as for those servers. I do think they can get new hardware and apply a different name. But that costs money and work and it took them quite long to get from A to B. It's a bit unreasonable to ask them to change it now. I also don't think EA wants to pay for it because a bunch of us are unhappy with a name.

I live with a game dev -- it takes less then 5 mins to change a server name, its just a name in a file. Open it, change it, done.

There may however, already be marketing ready related to the given server names but it shouldn't really be all that hard to change the name there either. They just don't wanna.

Edited by Suzsi

I live with a game dev -- it takes less then 5 mins to change a server name, its just a name in a file. Open it, change it, done.

There may however, already be marketing ready related to the given server names but it shouldn't really be all that hard to change the name there either. They just don't wanna.

They say they can't, whoever you're living says they can. Considering I have no knowledge of what's possible in this regard, I can't comment on anything.

All I can do is go by what the Devs say. Maybe they're lying, who knows.

I certainly don't.:)

Will the companion reward of Darth Hexid be a legacy one, like the Jedi? So if I complete the 3 PVP groupings on one character, would all the other alts on that server get her too? Will there be a conversation mission for her, like the Jedi? Edited by Viper_Driver
Found answer in FAQ, changed to a different question.

Can someone tell us how this will affects guilds and guild banks?

this is what they say in the FAQ:

What will happen to my Guild?

There is no impact to Guild Banks, Strongholds, Flagships or other similar items because of the United Forces update. If your Guild name overlaps with another Guild name; each will have the name of the original server appended to the original Guild name.

Ex: Your Guild “The Jedi Order” from the server The Bastion collides with, “The Jedi Order” from The Harbinger; the Guild names will now appear as:

The Jedi Order – The Bastion

The Jedi Order – The Harbinger

Post-update, if either Guild goes inactive, disbands, or is renamed, the other Guild’s name will return to its original form - “The Jedi Order.”

I watched the live stream yesterday and saw that it was stated that if you have two legacies of the same level (i.e. 50), it was a random choice. What happens if one has a legacy perk (like the mount while moving one) or an equipment unlock and the other does not? Does that mean that there is a chance that the one without can be chosen, therefore a chance to loose that perk/unlock?

Legacy Unlocks

Legacy unlocks are completely unaffected. If you have more than one Legacy, after the United Forces update, all your Legacy unlocks will be combined into one Legacy.

Hey folks,

Use this thread to discuss Keith's Roadmap, which you can find here. Let us know your thoughts, questions, and more.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey Eric,

any clue about the error on combatLog saying "Revived" instead of "Death"? Will it be fixed on 5.5?

Does anybody seriously believe that?

All The Best

From a technical point of view everything is possible. So I will not say that I believe that it's impossible to change. However, I do find it believable that they've already arrived at a stage where it's just too much work and risky to change it. The risks being oversights when replacing the name in all the places that it needs to be and possibly creating errors in the set up of the server and delaying the roll out plan as a whole.

What is strange is that they thought this was a name people would generally like. I can be perfectly honest and say that I'm glad it's not going to be my server. Darth Malgus suits me fine. At the same time, I'm also pretty sure that I would get used to the name, so it wouldn't make me quit the game either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_server

From reading that it doesn't sound that easy to do.

Server has no effect on name collisions. Every character is moving to a brand-new server, there is no priority based on where you came from.

-eric

So what will be the policy for name collisions? Considering we're all going to be on a new server is it gonna be some mad rush to patch and login first? Or are you going to base it on character creation date, account creation date (my personal favourite ;)) or something else?

• Dev Post
Hey Keith

I was just wondering if you were going to be doing some kind of character slot discount week leading up to the first major united forces update. I personally don’t have 52 characters but I’m concerned that I will not be able to play the characters that I do have as I know I have 2 more characters on projenitor and tomb of freedom naad. Just a half price discount would be alright... please?

You don't need to worry as you'll have access to all of your characters even if you were over the Max count. If we need to offer a substantial discount for additional character slots, we'll make that happen.

-Keith--

Hey there, just wanted to ask a few question for Keith or Eric regarding what has been said in the Roadmap, I'm crossing my fingers for a response. :p

Class balance :

Could we please have a real discussion topic with your balance team concerning utility changes ? Peoples are already worried to see this pushed even further (more than a year !), I think it would be appropriate to make sure that this specific matter -who really broke the gameplay experience for most of the players- is taken seriously by your team. :) Having proper feedback and discussion with players could also ensure that the changes are made in a balanced and fair way. We don't want peoples to be unhappy. :rak_03:

Any update also about class changes concerning tanks ? Juggernaut and Powertech are far behind what is needed in terms of tanking right now for both PvE and PvP, they should definitely need a look. Tanking is probably the most important part of a raid group, I think they deserve to see their issues resolved. ;)

Server Merge :

Will we have a choice about where to move our character ? It has occured to me that some peoples may want to go back to their original server with the merge (a lot of french players left Nihilus/Mantle/Battle to The Red Eclipse, due to the lack of new people). It could be nice to allow them to go back to The Leviathan if they wanted to. :D

Character names :

This is purely a suggestion, but... Instead of asking players to be prepared for an eventual name change, why not bind character names to their account name ? This way it could allow the presence of multiple "Bob" or "Emily" on a specific server, because they don't have the same account name.

This would prevent a lot of issues regarding "who's more right to keep this name" (I'm thinking also about the huge mess it could be for Roleplayers, who can't always change their name all the time, due to... Roleplay) :)

Hope someone will take the time to answer my questions :)

Edited by supertimtaf

Class balance :

Could we please have a real discussion topic with your balance team concerning utility changes ? Peoples are already worried to see this pushed even further (more than a year !), I think it would be appropriate to make sure that this specific matter -who really broke the gameplay experience for most of the players- is taken seriously by your team. :) Having proper feedback and discussion with players could also ensure that the changes are made in a balanced and fair way. We don't want peoples to be unhappy. :rak_03:

Any update also about class changes concerning tanks ? Juggernaut and Powertech are far behind what is needed in terms of tanking right now for both PvE and PvP, they should definitely need a look. Tanking is probably the most important part of a raid group, I think they deserve to see their issues resolved. ;)

Tanking is the least affected by the class balance so I'm not sure why you think they are behind. Also we get more powerful augments that will already help a bit with the nerfed DPS and Heal classes.

Server Merge :

Will we have a choice about where to move our character ? It has occured to me that some peoples may want to go back to their original server with the merge (a lot of french players left Nihilus/Mantle/Battle to The Red Eclipse, due to the lack of new people). It could be nice to allow them to go back to The Leviathan if they wanted to. :D

Read this please http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

Character names :

This is purely a suggestion, but... Instead of asking players to be prepared for an eventual name change, why not bind character names to their account name ? This way it could allow the presence of multiple "Bob" or "Emily" on a specific server, because they don't have the same account name.

This would prevent a lot of issues regarding "who's more right to keep this name" (I'm thinking also about the huge mess it could be for Roleplayers, who can't always change their name all the time, due to... Roleplay) :)

They are doing that for guild names by adding the old server name but in the livestream they said they couldn't do anything like that for the character names.

Question regarding legacy merge:

Eric said last night that, basically, if you have two legacies that are the same level (like 50), the legacy that will the final one on the new server is selected randomly.

Does this mean that, if one legacy has less achievements or unlocks than the other, we could lose these achievements and unlocks in the random coin toss, just because these two legacies are at the same level?

Edited by BenKatarn

Question regarding legacy merge:

Eric said last night that, basically, if you have two legacies that are the same level (like 50), the legacy that will the final one on the new server is selected randomly.

Does this mean that, if one legacy has less achievements or unlocks than the other, we could lose these achievements and unlocks in the random coin toss, just because these two legacies are at the same level?

Sigh, no.

That's purely about the name, nothing else. Please read this first before you come with more questions http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002