Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MerkSauce
08.17.2012 , 08:23 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPasta View Post
So what? Either be patient and be thankful for what Bioware presented to you AS AN OPTION TO DO OR NOT DO or else don't play the game. End of story.

People need to stop thinking they're entitled to everything.
No one is saying they arnt thankful for what bioware does, but we are all paying customers who want voice our opinions on the forum. Which im pretty sure we are entilted to do so? So we ar just letting them know a variety of weapons may have been a better choice...end of story

The only thing bioware owes us is a working game, and no one has said they owe anything more.

Galbatorrix
08.17.2012 , 08:27 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by MerkSauce View Post
No one is saying they arnt thankful for what bioware does, but we are all paying customers who want voice our opinions on the forum. Which im pretty sure we are entilted to do so? So we ar just letting them know a variety of weapons may have been a better choice...end of story

People still would have complained.

"OMG, Rifle users get the iconic bowcaster and all we sabers users get is some crappy new crystal that will be obsolete in 3 days!??! And pistol users got Pistol Bowcasters? OMG, The lORE?!? Bioware has runt Starwars forever!! It's DEAD!!"

Trollokdamus
08.17.2012 , 08:28 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
The last event had nothing but Crystals, basically.
The last event had something much better than crystals. It had unique companion customizations for each class. Yeah, it's just fluff items, but fluff which isn't obtainable by any other means (i have my doubts about the incoming cash shop, but still), and which clearly shows that you participated in the event. With the said customizations you can show off just like with some cool unique looking speeder. Same goes for containment set and title.
All these rewards point out that their owner has something to do with the rakghoul event. But it's absolutely not the case for the current one. Bowcasters remind you of wookies, not the scavenger hunt. Sand people armor reminds you of sand people, as well as the already existing social set, not the scavenger hunt. Imperial loyalist/Capable specimen titles remind you of... nothing actually, they are meaningless.
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
The dumb mistake being that BW did not give YOU the rewards that YOU want dring THIS live event because they are staggering them over SEVERAL live events meaning YOU will get your turn...but others have THEIR turn BEFORE YOU?
So you say i have to wait for my turn. But when will it be? Another 4 months later? And what if i get unlucky and won't find anything useful at the next event? Should i wait for the next one which will happen another 4 months later then?
What you say might be acceptable ONLY if we would get events much more frequently, maybe each month or something. But in the current situation with them being so rare, isn't it better to give something unique to every class each event?
So what? Either be patient and be thankful for what Bioware presented to you AS AN OPTION TO DO OR NOT DO or else don't play the game. End of story.

So if i'm being fed an obviously bad quality content, i need to be patient and thankful that it's at least something? Like a dog, which is happy to get bones from the master's table? I don't have a right to express my opinion, critisize anything? Leave any negative feedback?
Quite cool approach you have here, buddy.

Not Driz

Maltuvion
08.17.2012 , 08:29 AM | #154
You do realise GW2 is gonna suck right?
Yeah, damn that dynamic combat in which actual skill rather than homing-in lasers determined by dice rolls matter! Damn the dynamic events in which your actions actually impact the game world and changes it irrevocably! Damn the awesome art direction, stable and razorsharp responsive engine, the sheer sensemaking design decisions! Damn them!

... You sound like you're trying to convince yourself, darling.

I mean, you must already know that the game is just a mediocre rehash of popular game mechanics from WAR et al with some cartoony PvP and and a renamed trinity??
Except there is no trinity. There is no carved-in-stone roles. It is everything but a rehash, though explaining that indepth to you would take a while - and likely be futile. Hopefully, though one could have his/her concerns, you've got some friends asking you to try it out. You'd be surprised.

Its also arguably more entrenched in the F2P / P2W model than TOR will be...
As it stands, Guild Wars 2 is neither of what you describe. It's B2P, aka Buy2Play. The cash shop is nigh-anonymous and not even a selling point for the game. It's also confirmed to be purely cosmetic, conveying no ingame benefits. Judging from the recent GamesCom convention, the same cannot be said for SWTOR. With EA's pedigree taken into account, it seems highly likely that SWTOR will be far more susceptible to wide-ranging "P2W" initiatives.

Give it 3 months and you will be proclaiming it "FAIL" because it does not cater your every demand and personal vision for the game....still at least I know you will surely enjoy such misery
Driz
Considering they have a Dev Team that has been allowed postponings, creative freedom, support etc, and who communicates vocally with their community with a sincerity that is all but unheard of in the industry... I doubt it. I am fairly positive that it'll have a positive launch and subsequent reign. Far more positive than SWTOR would ever be able to hope to accomplish with its inane design choices, lack of creative vision and risk-taking and blatant disregard for its community.

Wayshuba
08.17.2012 , 08:30 AM | #155

At $15 month they are entitled to something to do that they are paying for besides which came with the box price.

As far as the "or else don't play the game" that is what is happening in spades. At this rate there won't be enough left to justify even keeping the doors open on it.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

KismetBP - Spear of Destiny

islander
08.17.2012 , 08:32 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by KimbonaterX View Post
No big deal bud. I see the bigger picture. It's a video game. It won't last forever. If I don't enjoy it, I'll stop playing it and pick up another one. I'm sorry to hear that you waited years for a video game that disappointed you. I'm not going to shed any tears if you unsubscribe due to dissatisfaction. Yes, the servers populations are dwindling. They will just continue to consolidate/shut down servers until they turn the lights off. It's a fact of MMO's. They have to end at some point. Some sooner than others. Oh well. I will continue to play it until I don't enjoy it any more, or they pull the plug. One thing is for sure though: I won't nerd rage over something so trivial as this game.
Here's the thing. Most of us still around DON'T want to see this game continue to die.
We don't want to lights turned off. Why? Because WoW is terrible, Rift is convoluted and boring, TSW is awful, and I mean the bulk of us are Star Wars fans.

That's why we rage. It's not that this is adversely affecting any of us in real life, but this IS a game forum, this is the place to voice appreciation or complaints about...you know...the game itself.

It just amazes me how month after month Bioware makes mistake after mistake. Even when they actually do something right (Rakghoul Plague) they can't help but eff up the next event they do - somehow.

Moreover, if you think this event was trivial, you clearly are overselling the overall skill level of the developers working on this game. Content and bug fixes have been behind schedule and bug ridden since...release. Seriously, this might be the worst dev staff in my history of MMORPG's (at least as far as I can remember) at actually fixing serious bugs in a timely manner. Although to be fair, it might be more EA's terrible decision to use an alpha version of this Hero engine. The coding environment itself might be inhibiting development. I couldn't say.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarthPasta
08.17.2012 , 08:32 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by MerkSauce View Post
Understood, but when CS comes out and clarifies for us the fact that yes, some classes didn't "get the love" this time but that they will in future events, it does in face become whiny and, frankly, immature to keep railing about something that's been clarified.

The problem stems from some people having unrealistic expectations. Having, for example, a new raid every five weeks or continuous story content with complete voice-over work every month is a ridiculous thing to expect from ANY MMO. Being thankful for what's given to you, even if it is optional or not to your taste or does not directly benefit you in the way you feel you should be benefiting, is the mature way to behave. Would I have liked for my marauder main to get some awesome loot? Sure. It does not mean that I am going to cry six ways from Sunday about Bioware being awful or incompetent or stupid, because A) they're not, and B) I'm not an entitled, spoiled crybaby like a lot of people seem to be. Have some perspective, be patient and get over the fact that this is NOT a society where everything gets handed to you.

DarthPasta
08.17.2012 , 08:34 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
At $15 month they are entitled to something to do that they are paying for besides which came with the box price.

As far as the "or else don't play the game" that is what is happening in spades. At this rate there won't be enough left to justify even keeping the doors open on it.
There's plenty to do...people are just too lazy to do it.

islander
08.17.2012 , 08:34 AM | #159
There's plenty to do...people are just too lazy to do it.
or disinterested. Has that occurred to you?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarthPasta
08.17.2012 , 08:37 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
or disinterested. Has that occurred to you?
Very much so, yes. I find a disconnect about disinterest being a motivational factor for whining about nothing to do, though. Lack of interest and lack of content are two separate issues, and a lot of people want to make them out to be the same thing...that was my point.