"Infiltrator" tree skill question

Vsagoulis

hello, noob operative here,

i wanted to ask you, what exactly does it mean by 15% speed? while in stealth? it doesnt seem to have any difference imo, plz let me know, thnks:)

cheers

edit: referring to "Increases speed by 15% and stealth level by 3"

Edited by Vsagoulis

Movement speed is capped at (I think it's) 115%. Basically, whatever out of combat run speed+sprint is is the max run speed you can get. What that talent does is increase our speed whenever it's not capped for whatever reason. A great example would be in PvP. The talent puts our in-combat stealthed run speed higher than an enemies in-combat regular speed, meaning you will catch up to someone while you're stealthed as long as he's in combat.

It doesn't entirely remove the 15% debuff stealthing does. You are a slight bit slower stealthed than someone who isn't. (100*0.85*1.15 = 97,75%)

Easily tested by running side by side with someone.

Movement speed is capped at (I think it's) 115%. Basically, whatever out of combat run speed+sprint is is the max run speed you can get. What that talent does is increase our speed whenever it's not capped for whatever reason. A great example would be in PvP. The talent puts our in-combat stealthed run speed higher than an enemies in-combat regular speed, meaning you will catch up to someone while you're stealthed as long as he's in combat.

Um. If you are stealthed, you are out of combat. You have sprint on. If someone is in combat, they don't have sprint. Of course you will catch up to someone fighting while you aren't. You can do that even without Infiltrator. Stealth debuffs your speed by 15%, Sprint gives you 35%. Stealthed without Infiltrator with Sprint thus ends you up around 120% speed, while the in-combat guy will be stuck at 100% speed due to lack of Sprint. Infiltrator merely negates the 15% speed debuff, it doesn't "break caps".

I'd guess the "Stealth Level" part makes you effectively 3 levels higher when it comes to Stealth calculations. You will be harder to see by players/mobs that are same level with you. This is also why Sneak (temporary +15 Stealth Level) allows you to spin around in circles right next to a mob.

Edited by Youmu