Inc West 3

rlamela

Was That so hard

:rak_03:

Ok maybe for some it is. But lets try harder guys. I mean I know everyone wants to get their solo kill medal but this probably isn't the best time.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

its a pain but new people make mistakes, I guess. It can be hard to give adequate warning for anyone when its 3 stealthers who mob you though.

what i still do not understand is why there is not a simple 'HELP' button, click the node and its does an ops chat call, have a skill that calls incoming for whichever is your closes node - IOW make it a no brainer but not automatic.

Its not so much about giving the 'bads' a crutch, its about stopping the not so 'bads' losing to a missed call.

its a pain but new people make mistakes, I guess. It can be hard to give adequate warning for anyone when its 3 stealthers who mob you though.

what i still do not understand is why there is not a simple 'HELP' button, click the node and its does an ops chat call, have a skill that calls incoming for whichever is your closes node - IOW make it a no brainer but not automatic.

Its not so much about giving the 'bads' a crutch, its about stopping the not so 'bads' losing to a missed call.

I honestly think that there should be an auto-warning once a player in the vicinity of a node that belongs to your team gets attacked, mind-mazed or tranquilized. Like *WARNING West node under attack*, with a red ripple coming from it on the map.

I honestly think that there should be an auto-warning once a player in the vicinity of a node that belongs to your team gets attacked, mind-mazed or tranquilized. Like *WARNING West node under attack*, with a red ripple coming from it on the map.

that's a really cool idea

I like that idea. It wouldn't make guarding a completely brain-dead activity, since it would still be valuable information to let you team know how many were attacking - or to call out in advance of that auto-warning. But at least something would be alerting you, and you'd get the alert quicker in the event that they were jumped by 3 stealthers. Even if the defender has the inc call pre-typed, it would still take a second or so for them to hit that key on their keyboard. Wait... oh, I just changed my mind... with the lag this game often has with messages that relate to in-game events I'm not so sure the automated message would actually be quicker. Plus, I suppose, having an automated message would encourage the people that don't call out to never call out... "Why should I call out, didn't you see the automated messaged telling you the node was under attack - you stupid NOOB!"

Sorry, not keen. It removes skill from the game.

As soon as someone is touched the sirens go off and his teammates know that they need to support the off node. At the minute a good player will spot incoming and call, bads will rush out to fight in the middle of nowhere and get capped (and a good teammate might even have an eye on the defender's health, woo scary). There's no need for it if your defender is good. If he isn't, the game shouldn't protect you from your own team's deficiencies by providing warnings they should be putting out themselves.

Related anecdote. Having done a *lot* of raiding in WoW, I became convinced that Deadly Boss Mods (for those who don't know, an addon raiders could install that warned them of every move the boss would make) was a plague on that game's design. Encounters had to be ridiculously tuned to still be a challenge, and much of player skill came down to being a Pavlov's dog who'd react quickly to the cues fed him by DBM. Bleh.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Sorry, not keen. It removes skill from the game.

As soon as someone is touched the sirens go off and his teammates know that they need to support the off node. At the minute a good player will spot incoming and call, bads will rush out to fight in the middle of nowhere and get capped (and a good teammate might even have an eye on the defender's health, woo scary). There's no need for it if your defender is good. If he isn't, the game shouldn't protect you from your own team's deficiencies by providing warnings they should be putting out themselves.

Related anecdote. Having done a *lot* of raiding in WoW, I became convinced that Deadly Boss Mods (for those who don't know, an addon raiders could install that warned them of every move the boss would make) was a plague on that game's design. Encounters had to be ridiculously tuned to still be a challenge, and much of player skill came down to being a Pavlov's dog who'd react quickly to the cues fed him by DBM. Bleh.

Don't confuse "skill" with having to overcome inconvenience.

While I can see the automatic call being nice I do think it takes away an important part of a team PvP, that YOU are part of a TEAM and if you act like a dick and dont call, you deserve to get rolled. I do think making it easier to call is important though. I've fumbled in the wrong chat channel and ended up replying to a whisper instead of calling in ops before, so I think something linked to clicking the node and a shortish range.

This would mean anyone can get some call out if they try, if they are still too stupid then sorry your team loses. If the range is set right it should mean if you get kited or pulled off node you could easily end up out of range

I' don't approve of an automatic message when enemies have entered "our node". I am, however, a supporter for the clickable alert button.

Bads will still be bad as they don't click the button, or worse, click the button when it's uncalled for. I do fear that the message will get lost when there's too many other messages floating around (ie.: xxx is unbeatable, yyy has been defeated, ...)

In short: the button would still require human action and is thus prone to human error. Automatic message is a no-no for me.

bad idea. How about players team work skills? Will you ask next time a feature fighting for you while you could drink coffee? I don't try to insult, but let's keep this game further from the tetris difficulty (although tetris might have already overcome it :( )

Think about it ;)

PS: and yes, i understand, that late calls suck. Often i would kick defender's *** for it, but it's part of team play. Go and guard yourself if you're a better guard... yeah, and don't forget to call incs ;)

Edited by glocklB

when guarding i type before i see incomings so i must only set the number and press enter. or if i'm cc'ed i type while i can't act anyway..not so hard.

in the start of a wz con be difficult to find a strategy..but when u que with the same people and you start to have a group mechanic it can be sufficent a ''w3'' for inc west 3

I'm probably more guilty of calling when I see someone coming my way very early, only to see them turn and take a line elsewhere.

Then there are the stealthers. In which case people will see "steahlkhth E 3111323w33333333" or someting along those lines.

What makes me rage are undefended nodes. If you are too pro to stay at the node after you cap it, let someone else take it.

Seems to be most prevalent in Hypergates.

I'm with you there Larry. I've gotten to the point where I'll always be looking over my shoulder on this map to keep our node in view. As soon as I see the person on our team cap and leave, out there I go. I don't even take the time to argue about it in OPS chat as it does no good.

You know what would help? Macros.

Like if I type /hw 3, it sends out over ops chat "HELP INCOMING WEST - 3 spotted". I would spam that 3-4 times in. A row to make sure it's seen.

In the good old MUD days, I would throw I a few ANSI characters so the HELP is magenta and blinking too. Oh why has technology gone backwards?

Edited by heechJunzi

Don't confuse "skill" with having to overcome inconvenience.

It does take skill to type for help while defending a node. Stop being lazy.

I have NO problems calling incoming early, even when attacked. Unless I get hit with double stealthers, and inc 1-2 turns into 3-4.

Your #1 job is to call for help. #2 job is to stall them as long as you possibly can.

Let me give you another example. I'll GLADLY die in a warzone early if during that time I can properly mark two healers before I do so. Considering about 5-10% of all PvPers actually do this, I consider this my contribution to my melee DPSers who can maybe focus their zerg a bit more constructively.

Edited by islander