Making .gifs of Your Characters!

DewyMossEmpire

Hello peoples. I'd like to make an offer to the community! I recently posted a .gif I made of my Darth on the forums & people seemed to really like it. So! If anyone would like a .gif of their char....I'd be happy to help make one for you =]

I play on the Begereny Colony, Eldergame on both factions.

• Tenaden - Republic, 55, Guardian, Tank.

• Qûor-ïq'Lepton - Empire, 55, Juggernaut, Tank.

• Borilius - Republic. 55, Commando, Healer.

& a bunch more chars that are all over the place in levels, but those are my mains.

Example of a .gif! This one I made is of Lepton.

http://www.gifti.me/i/z2JuTLS4.gif

So get in touch with me in-game if you'd like to have some .gifs made C: if I'm not online just add me to your FL.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it takes many steps, & making .gifs at a viewable resolution without destroying its quality can be tricky. The way I do it is capture the action I'm looking for in-game with a program like FRAPs, then I use Photoshop to convert the frames of the video into hundreds of layers. From there you can edit the layers & save it into a .gif, adjusting for resolution, quality, length, speed of the .gif, etc.

Well it takes many steps, & making .gifs at a viewable resolution without destroying its quality can be tricky. The way I do it is capture the action I'm looking for in-game with a program like FRAPs, then I use Photoshop to convert the frames of the video into hundreds of layers. From there you can edit the layers & save it into a .gif, adjusting for resolution, quality, length, speed of the .gif, etc.

Hmmm, the underlined seems complicated. I'm not on your server, but if I send you my FRAPS (only like 20 seconds worth) is that enough for you to make a .gif? I don't think I'll be able to pull it off.

Hmmm, the underlined seems complicated. I'm not on your server, but if I send you my FRAPS (only like 20 seconds worth) is that enough for you to make a .gif? I don't think I'll be able to pull it off.

Yeah for sure, if you want to upload your video clips to Mediafire or something, I could dload them, & then I'll just need you to explain what you'd like your .gif to show.

A few pointers:

• Set FRAPs to record at full quality.

• Alt + Z in-game to toggle the HUD, so none of the aspects get in way of the video.

• If you're going to be in combat, turn off all of the Flytext & Nameplates during the recording.

————————————————————————

You'll notice that in the .gifs I made, there are no HUD aspects or Flytext or Nameplates. You don't ~have to do this, but it looks more like a clip from a cinematic or a movie this way. Your choice!

.gifs of my Commando, Borilius.

http://i.minus.com/iTnyXlSt7Rb91.gif

I love how the gif captures the intelligence of companions.

"Aw man that Twi'lek last night had some moves - Da***'s goin' on!?"

"Oh, right! TIEM TO GET MAH RIFLE LOLZ!"

"On second thought, I'll throw this grenade here. CATCH THIS!"

"Where did my rifle go? Ah, there it is. Pew-pew!"

Idiots. :D

I love how the gif captures the intelligence of companions.

"Aw man that Twi'lek last night had some moves - Da***'s goin' on!?"

"Oh, right! TIEM TO GET MAH RIFLE LOLZ!"

"On second thought, I'll throw this grenade here. CATCH THIS!"

"Where did my rifle go? Ah, there it is. Pew-pew!"

Idiots. :D

Hey! Don't mock Aric, he's grumpy enough as is :p

I usually manage to get them around to 5 Mbs. Way too big for blogs to upload, those sites are usually pretty wimpy lightweights in terms of upload sizes (allowing <1mb for .gifs). But there are plenty of sites that let you host them no problem, I use Minus.com for the most part.

Of course depending on how much you want to show in the .gif, that could make the size a problem. I had to jack up the Lossy on my .gif of Tenaden to 17% in order to keep the size around 5Mb. That, or I could have reduced to colours from 256 to 128. In this case, but not always, it looked better with the Lossy effect. The reason I had to resort to that was because of the panning I did in the .gif, which included a lot more colours & scenery, rather than my still shots.

Edited by DewyMossEmpire

Hello peoples. I'd like to make an offer to the community! I recently posted a .gif I made of my Darth on the forums & people seemed to really like it. So! If anyone would like a .gif of their char....I'd be happy to help make one for you =]

I play on the Begereny Colony, Eldergame on both factions.

• Tenaden - Republic, 55, Guardian, Tank.

• Qûor-ïq'Lepton - Empire, 55, Juggernaut, Tank.

• Borilius - Republic. 55, Commando, Healer.

& a bunch more chars that are all over the place in levels, but those are my mains.

Example of a .gif! This one I made is of Lepton.

http://www.gifti.me/i/z2JuTLS4.gif

So get in touch with me in-game if you'd like to have some .gifs made C: if I'm not online just add me to your FL.

Quor! I found chu!