Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I like the gearing system.

Templock
10.12.2019 , 06:23 PM | #1
I like not having to grind the same dungeon over and over again for one specific piece of gear. I like that I can do whatever I want and have the chance of any piece of gear with the stats I want to drop.

If I played certain content just for gear then I'd find myself very disappointed very fast. But if I can play that same tier of content for the content, while completely forgetting about gearing, I'm free to do whatever content in that tier I want.

I don't expect to skip everything and go straight into Nightmare content. That would be stupid. Gear progression is a thing. As my gear improves, more content becomes accessible to me, as it should be. The difference here is that this system doesn't make previous content obsolete for gearing.

Just queue for a random fp/wz/gsf/op and go. Same gear for all content, so I'm free to do whatever content I want.

I like it.

Templock
10.12.2019 , 06:46 PM | #2
Positivity = trolling. You heard it here folks.

ZionHalcyon
10.12.2019 , 06:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRummy View Post
Sadly we all know you are trolling as you never even touched PTS...and yes you are free and will have the weakest character in the game based on the rate at which you choose to play. So good luck and who else wants to troll this thread?
I don't know whether he did or didn't touch pts and I was someone who gave extensive feedback in Phase 2 as well as offered some constructive feedback for phase 3.

Frankly I have better things to do with my time than to keep tabs on who is on PTS and who isn't.

Nor am I so ignorant as to declare someone who posts a view contrary to mine as someone who didn't test.

Different people like different things for different reasons. He's free to like the gearing system and you're free to dislike it. Stop making everything so melodramatic.

phalczen
10.12.2019 , 07:13 PM | #4
Technically, since certain set bonus items and tacticals have a higher chance of dropping from certain types of content; and because some things are ONLY available from the Dxun operation and new Corellia flashpoint, you may very well have to run the same type of content over and over, and possibly even the same dungeon.

EDIT: technically even those ONLY things can be in your personal loot or on the Kai Zykken vendor.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Tsillah
10.13.2019 , 01:19 AM | #5
Sadly we all know you are trolling as you never even touched PTS...and yes you are free and will have the weakest character in the game based on the rate at which you choose to play. So good luck and who else wants to troll this thread?
I know logic and reason are not skills that everybody wields equally but to equate not having played on the PTS to trolling is certainly does not speak well for you.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Einobi
10.13.2019 , 02:12 AM | #6
10 char

denavin
10.13.2019 , 02:58 AM | #7
A simple check of the OPs posting history show about a dozen or more posts on the PTS forums.
It may be that the OP truly likes the gearing system. Who are you decide they are a Troll. Could be the only Troll here is you.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Zerileth
10.13.2019 , 12:33 PM | #8
The "master" trolled y'alls quite well.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

Exly
10.13.2019 , 01:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
Positivity = trolling. You heard it here folks.
I may not be positive, but based on what you wrote, I do believe that you are trolling.