Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Final Check: Conversion of Command Boosts, CXP Packs, and Command Tokens?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Final Check: Conversion of Command Boosts, CXP Packs, and Command Tokens?

ZeroTypeR
10.13.2019 , 07:25 AM | #11
It will be the same conversion rate as PvP commendations. That is to say peanuts, IMO.

DarthSpuds
10.13.2019 , 08:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
It will be the same conversion rate as PvP commendations. That is to say peanuts, IMO.
Well they have to keep plenty of peanuts in reserve; it's what they are clearly using to pay the Devs.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

ZeroTypeR
10.13.2019 , 10:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Well they have to keep plenty of peanuts in reserve; it's what they are clearly using to pay the Devs.

All The Best
Absolutely.

Edit: Which is why I'll be taking advice posted on the forums and spend mine on Command Boosts.

Przemo_No
10.13.2019 , 11:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I converted my Command Tokens to CXP (soon to be Renown) Boosts. (Edit: stupidly typed Packs before).

Others have bought Ilvl 230 gear to sell.

Choice is yours, but make a choice because BW has made clear the exchange rate will be abysmal.

Either buy 230 gear to make credits or buy (soon to be) Renown Packs. As I'm swimming in credits, I chose the latter.

Dasty
While I understand this, i have a doubt how much Command Tokens, I have.
When i look on the "currency" tab in my inventory, all mych characters share the same number: 572 Tokens.
but when I open the "command stash" of each characters, there are literally thousands of them.

Which number is actually valid and what can i do with those Tokens that are in "command stash"?

Thank you!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Jdast
10.13.2019 , 12:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
When i look on the "currency" tab in my inventory, all mych characters share the same number: 572 Tokens.
but when I open the "command stash" of each characters, there are literally thousands of them.

Which number is actually valid and what can i do with those Tokens that are in "command stash"?

Thank you!
Here's what I did and I will actually get the term Boosts vs. Packs right (I'll even proofread! ).

For Command Tokens, you can only "claim" a maximum of 3000 across all of your characters legacy-wide. Your individual characters can stockpile above that level.

I went through the tedious process of...

1) Take each character to the Command Token Vendor on Fleet. Made sure I had enough credits (50,000 per Command Boost, soon to be Renown Boost) so as not to have run back to legacy bank.

2) Spent down the "claimed" Command Tokens (max 3000). Each Command Boost costs 190 Command Tokens & 50,000 credits.

3) When the Legacy-Wide Command Token amount was less than 190, I then went to the character's individual Command Stash and "claimed" more Command Tokens.

4) Rinse and repeat on each character.

Hope this helps.

Dasty

phalczen
10.13.2019 , 01:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post

Thank you!
Theyíre both valid.

On LIVE, when you buy gear or Iokath recombinators or CXP boosts from the vendors with command tokens, it deducts those from the total in your currency tab. That caps out at 3000 per legacy. The command tokens in your currency tab are the total available to spend directly for all your characters in your legacy.
The ones in your command stash are ones you have yet to claim... just like anything in there like gear pieces or companion gifts. You canít do anything with stuff in your command stash until you claim it or disintegrate it. You can disintegrate them into command points (CXP) although itís only 1:1 so itís not terribly worthwhile.
When you buy stuff that costs Command Tokens, it gets deducted from the total on the currency tab. You can replenish the amount up to the cap of 3000 by claiming the appropriate amount from your command stash. Thatís how people can essentially bank more than 3000 tokens. Iíve heard there is a cap in the command stash, per character, of 10k tokens but Iíve never gotten close to that.

Based on what happened when I copied my LIVE toons onto PTS at the start of phase 2, when Onslaught/6.0 goes live on the 22nd, the 3000 tokens in your currency tab will be turned into 3000 credits for whichever character you log on to first. Any command tokens in your stashes on your various characters become ďcredit chits.Ē You may claim them for credits. Or you may deconstruct them into renown points at a 1:1 rate. Renown levels are about 16k points as of the last version of PTS so the thousand or so Command tokens in your stash wonít be worth much as credits or as renown points. Thatís why itís best to use them now.

You can use them for:
1) rating 230 gear
2) CXP boosts
3) Iokath recombinators.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Przemo_No
10.13.2019 , 02:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Here's what I did and I will actually get the term Boosts vs. Packs right (I'll even proofread! ).

For Command Tokens, you can only "claim" a maximum of 3000 across all of your characters legacy-wide. Your individual characters can stockpile above that level.

I went through the tedious process of...

1) Take each character to the Command Token Vendor on Fleet. Made sure I had enough credits (50,000 per Command Boost, soon to be Renown Boost) so as not to have run back to legacy bank.

2) Spent down the "claimed" Command Tokens (max 3000). Each Command Boost costs 190 Command Tokens & 50,000 credits.

3) When the Legacy-Wide Command Token amount was less than 190, I then went to the character's individual Command Stash and "claimed" more Command Tokens.

4) Rinse and repeat on each character.

Hope this helps.

Dasty
Thank you very much, clear!

Przemo_No
10.13.2019 , 02:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Theyíre both valid.

On LIVE, when you buy gear or Iokath recombinators or CXP boosts from the vendors with command tokens, it deducts those from the total in your currency tab. That caps out at 3000 per legacy. The command tokens in your currency tab are the total available to spend directly for all your characters in your legacy.
The ones in your command stash are ones you have yet to claim... just like anything in there like gear pieces or companion gifts. You canít do anything with stuff in your command stash until you claim it or disintegrate it. You can disintegrate them into command points (CXP) although itís only 1:1 so itís not terribly worthwhile.
When you buy stuff that costs Command Tokens, it gets deducted from the total on the currency tab. You can replenish the amount up to the cap of 3000 by claiming the appropriate amount from your command stash. Thatís how people can essentially bank more than 3000 tokens. Iíve heard there is a cap in the command stash, per character, of 10k tokens but Iíve never gotten close to that.

Based on what happened when I copied my LIVE toons onto PTS at the start of phase 2, when Onslaught/6.0 goes live on the 22nd, the 3000 tokens in your currency tab will be turned into 3000 credits for whichever character you log on to first. Any command tokens in your stashes on your various characters become ďcredit chits.Ē You may claim them for credits. Or you may deconstruct them into renown points at a 1:1 rate. Renown levels are about 16k points as of the last version of PTS so the thousand or so Command tokens in your stash wonít be worth much as credits or as renown points. Thatís why itís best to use them now.

You can use them for:
1) rating 230 gear
2) CXP boosts
3) Iokath recombinators.
Thanks a lot!

eartharioch
10.13.2019 , 03:44 PM | #19
Where are the vendors where you can buy CXP Boosts?
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

PiiTarr
10.13.2019 , 04:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Where are the vendors where you can buy CXP Boosts?
Supplies section of fleet, outer part of the ring, second space from the right as you're facing all the vendor spaces, dead center behind a desk/console along the outer bulkhead.