Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well, with PTS shutting down, the gearing of doom is UPON US.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Well, with PTS shutting down, the gearing of doom is UPON US.....

AlrikFassbauer
10.13.2019 , 08:01 AM | #91
No matter what will be, I'll adapt.
I mean, evolution is like this : Adapt or die.
The only real problem I'll have is people not wanting me in OPs & FPs unless my gear is more updated.
I wonder how far this "peer pressure" will go.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Darev
10.13.2019 , 09:35 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
No matter what will be, I'll adapt.
I mean, evolution is like this : Adapt or die.
The only real problem I'll have is people not wanting me in OPs & FPs unless my gear is more updated.
I wonder how far this "peer pressure" will go.
no idea

can't be too picky or there won't be anyone to group with.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Darev
10.13.2019 , 09:37 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
300? Seriously? And then, 276 / 274 / 270 (example), may be higher or lower, depending on luck, but always at least one mod higher than what you have. Rip - Replace your lower - Try again. And of course, 276 (example) will have 3 stats per mod which will undoubtedly vary - greatly, not to mention the crazy number of set stats on the armoring.
well, the vendor that sells the moddable stuff is more expensive.
The 300 tech frag vendor was for the static gear, no moddable "guts"
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

ElZaguero
10.13.2019 , 09:55 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
I would like to offer a clarification on something. That vendor does not work on "highest item rating per slot" it works on "average item rating on ALL slots"

If you somehow have a 290 bracer but the rest of your gear is in the 280 range (relics / implants / everything) that vendor will look at your overall / average item rating (in this situation probably around 280) and give you a 280 bracer.

It DOES NOT work on a per slot basis.
And this info neatly captures exactly what I find so objectionable about this system. Those who have better gear get better gear, and those who have worse gear get worse gear, even both players pay the same price. It acts to increase the disparity rather than to close the gap. In a more fair, more rational system there would be a leveling effect, but this is the opposite.

ZeroTypeR
10.13.2019 , 10:10 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
Mods other than armor arenít piece bound right? So even if you donít get the armor piece you were looking for, you could still get a useful mod and enhancement,right?
Nope, as far as I know, their not bound. Some things to keep in mind, using dps as an example:

- Dps Mod: 3 versions
- Dps Enhancements: 9 versions (3 crit - 3 alacrity - 3 accuracy)

Bringing the total to 12 possibilities and that's just for one piece of modded gear.

Enter the dice.

ZeroTypeR
10.13.2019 , 10:16 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
well, the vendor that sells the moddable stuff is more expensive.
The 300 tech frag vendor was for the static gear, no moddable "guts"
Ouch yep, I'm skipping it.

I'll dismantle gear as I play the 8 class stories - exploration quests - etc., and if I happen to dismantle enough gear along to way to get a piece or two, excellent, however I won't be actively participating in the grind for gear.

Edited: I must be tired lol.

ZeroTypeR
10.13.2019 , 10:22 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post
And this info neatly captures exactly what I find so objectionable about this system. Those who have better gear get better gear, and those who have worse gear get worse gear, even both players pay the same price. It acts to increase the disparity rather than to close the gap. In a more fair, more rational system there would be a leveling effect, but this is the opposite.
Not quite actually.

As I understand it, those with better gear - get better gear and those with worse gear - get better gear. The rate will be the problem, those who play certain content will get gear a great deal faster, than those who only or mostly play story content and some story flashpoints here and there.

JediQuaker
10.13.2019 , 11:09 AM | #98
I'll dismantle gear as I play the 8 class stories - exploration quests - etc., and if I happen to dismantle enough gear along to way to get a piece or two, excellent, however I won't be actively participating in the grind for gear.
This is essentially my attitude. However, I might do some "grind" if I enjoy it** - which might result in getting better gear. But, overall, for what I do in PvE, the "best" gear isn't a priority.

** everyone has their own idea of what grind is. Some people would say that having to carry or throw the football all the way down the field for every goal, every game, is a grind.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Transcendent
10.13.2019 , 01:56 PM | #99
I won't be actively participating [snip]
I mean this will be me, pretty much the same as 5.0 I'll play the new story content and then bugger off and play something else. This new gearing system actually sounds worse than Command Crates (never thought I'd say that). I don't really want nor do I have any incentive to spend 40 hours per week on a gear treadmill just to play content I've played for years.

I thought BioWare learned this lesson in 3.0 when they realised lowering the cost of PvP gear gained more participation in PvP, I wonder if they'll ever learn lowering the cost and time in gearing for PvE content will increase participation in PvE group content.

At least Bungie figured it out with Destiny 2 (among other developers). BioWare seem stuck in 1990.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

MK-ULTRA
10.14.2019 , 03:08 AM | #100
It's lame, it's like saying you can't loot a krayt tooth until you've looted all the park benches. Even if before you only had .0001% of sacred tooth, now you have zero chance. This would be like playing Diablo 3 and never once looting a legendary piece of gear until you are playing on hardest difficulty. This would be like playing that mlb game and you will never loot Babe ruth card until you have mickey mantle card. This would be like you can't buy vented saber in cartel market until you buy every single previous lightsaber... in order!

fp smh w/e

WE WANT TO GET STRUCK BY LIGHTENING AND YOU'RE TAKING IT AWAY FROM US.
You spelled tyranny wrong.