Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is change of difficulty confirmed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is change of difficulty confirmed?

jstankaroslo
10.09.2019 , 01:09 PM | #1
Hello, just came back to subscribing, to scratch my Old Republic itch a bit

Does anybody know if with 6.0 they're gonna change the game difficulty a bit?
The reason I ask is that my main fun in SWTOR are vanilla class stories. I'm one of those players that don't like to do the same content over and over again, so dailies, flashpoints or even KOTFE/KOTET are not enough to keep me playing. It just gets boring and predictable too fast. I mean, I need to take a break after doing a content before I feel it's fresh enough to do it again. Class stories are a bit different because its 8 of them, so each time I take new character through their class story it's a content I haven't done for a long time -and it feels fresh. Just new adventures in Old Republic!
And they are in open world, not instanced, so they feel much more immersive than closed Zakuul or Darvannis chapters of KOTFE.

Sadly, with 4.0 they introduced level sync, super strong companions and much weaker mobs, and since then the gameplay isn't as fun as it used to be. My play style of questing with my crew members on planets got less exciting because too easy fights are just boring. What's more, the final antagonists battles, like Baras fight for example are now synced down to max starting planet level, which results in my companion beating Dark Council member even before I get time to set them on passive.

So when someone mentioned they're changing the game difficulty, I wonder is it really true? Or is it just for the newest content? Can anyone confirm that vanilla content is getting harder to do, preferably to the state it was before 4.0?

TLDR

Can anyone confirm that vanilla content is getting harder to do, preferably to the state it was before 4.0?

thanks and: have fun in game!

xordevoreaux
10.09.2019 , 01:25 PM | #2
From PTS, planet sync will be 2 levels lower per planet cap than previously, your comp in heal mode will heal for 15% less, and some content according to posts on the PTS forum are indeed harder. People asked for it, guess they got it.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Batwer
10.09.2019 , 02:21 PM | #3
When it goes live, many will leave. There are people who do not even accomplish the Story Mode in KOTET....*cough* Vaylin *cough*
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

ZeroTypeR
10.09.2019 , 02:37 PM | #4
Personally, I didn't ask for harder content, but I am looking forward to it, from the Vanilla Stories to SOR at least.

IoNonSoEVero
10.09.2019 , 02:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
When it goes live, many will leave. There are people who do not even accomplish the Story Mode in KOTET....*cough* Vaylin *cough*
I agree. They will. Bioware is making it very clear they only want one type of player here now.

Transcendent
10.09.2019 , 02:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
Personally, I didn't ask for harder content, but I am looking forward to it, from the Vanilla Stories to SOR at least.
Personally a lot of players didn't ask for level sync in the first place, but hey. I still miss soloing a slightly harder world boss each time there was a level increase, haven't touched one since level sync was introduced (aside from one which is still able to be done solo).

Just don't see the point in levelling, if you're going to be level synced, may as well just do away with levels altogether. Same for gear if BioWare want to dictate the terms of engagement.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Goreshaga
10.09.2019 , 03:40 PM | #7
That fight...
I had a trooper character once, i never managed to defeat her with that character no matter how many times i tried...
I got so frustrated i ended up deleting the character and now i go DS on Dramath every single time just to never get frustrated like that ever again...

Clearly, if they intend on making all story content like that in the future, i see no point in playing anymore. I'm clearly not here to spend forever defeating 1 boss, and i don't play to be frustrated, there are far to many thing that can be frustrating irl, to loose time on frustrating things in a game, which is supposed to be fun.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

OlBuzzard
10.09.2019 , 04:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
That fight...
I had a trooper character once, i never managed to defeat her with that character no matter how many times i tried...
I got so frustrated i ended up deleting the character and now i go DS on Dramath every single time just to never get frustrated like that ever again...

Clearly, if they intend on making all story content like that in the future, i see no point in playing anymore. I'm clearly not here to spend forever defeating 1 boss, and i don't play to be frustrated, there are far to many thing that can be frustrating irl, to loose time on frustrating things in a game, which is supposed to be fun.
The key: Take the Dark Side points (regardless ) .. keep Lord Dramath impressioned .. and the rest is a cake walk. It still takes time... but VERY doable ! Without Dramath … it's still "possible" … but much, much more difficult.

This was proof that ever since the arguments of KotFE / ET player making decisions had little or no affect on the game or it's out come was wrong … and those decisions DID (in fact) affect the outcome of the game !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

TrixxieTriss
10.09.2019 , 04:55 PM | #9
I’m assuming the one in the cave? It even took me a few deaths and times to work it out. The trick is to interrupt her.
If it’s the last fight, just make sure you pick up all the bonus gear along the way and have Senya and Arcan. When she attacks, stay out of the ring and use all the extras, like the turrents and keep you back to the wall incase she does throw you (that way you won’t go off the edge.

Ardrossan
10.09.2019 , 05:01 PM | #10
I'm not crazy about this increased mob aggro I've been hearing about. It would be nice if class stories went back to their original difficulty, but even with the level sync increase, the boss fights on korriban and hutta will probably be just as underwhelming as before.

I'm fine with increased difficulty on all the Act 1 planets though. Act 2 and 3, eh. There are a few Hoth heroics that will become much more difficult. Endgame, well. I still find that Illum heroic pretty drat hard, to say nothing of Makeb.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.