Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Place Your Bets! Will Onslaught be delayed past Oct 22nd?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Place Your Bets! Will Onslaught be delayed past Oct 22nd?

TrixxieTriss
10.08.2019 , 10:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
c) complaining about not being able to log in because they're in queue
D) complaining the servers have crashed and they’ve been waiting 2 minutes
E) complaining after said server crash when there is a 10 minute roll back

TrixxieTriss
10.08.2019 , 10:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
This bet seems too risky for my taste.

(That said, I don't know how they intend to bring the current state of the PTS to a well functioning live version within only 2 weeks.)
24 hours around the clock development. Aka, “Bioware magic” which translates to “Bioware crunch time” or what most normal people would call slaves to the wheel.
Musco is currently sleeping on his desk and if he notices someone go to sleep he throws Swedish fish at them to wake them up
I actually feel bad for most of the team. No one should have to work like that.

Alanbra
10.09.2019 , 01:27 AM | #23
It won't be, but it should be.

JediQuaker
10.09.2019 , 09:31 AM | #24
And, of course, this all assumes that BW feels the need to "fix" or "tweak" anything.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Jdast
10.09.2019 , 09:44 AM | #25
Highly, highly unlikely unless they discover a game-breaking bug with respect to the main storyline.

With respect to gearing, crafting, etc., they are well aware of the concerns of people have on the PTS with respect to mods being RNG, crafting, etc.

But we are now 13 days until scheduled release and they posted on Twitter yesterday about a two week countdown.

Given how few people participated in the PTS (I mean, character pics on Reddit get close to 1000 likes within a day), I think they have internalized that delaying because of gearing issues isn't worthwhile. And this assumes, as noted above, that BW actually shares those concerns.

More broadly, because of their new emphasis on horizontal gearing (vertical gearing is actually pretty quick, albeit highly annoying), and the crapton of worthless gear they are throwing at us, I think they want to see how the masses react to the RNG mod vendor.

I don't see any reason for delay absent a game-breaking bug in the story. They know the range of views from the PTS, including what we like, what we don't like, etc. So that leaves them with one of 3 paths:

1) They know and disagree; or

2) They know and agree (in part or in whole), but figure it will take time to sort out, so let people enjoy story for a bit; or

3) They want to see how this whole new gearing system plays out once the masses start playing live.

I'm of the view they have chosen #3. If so, then that means they should release it ASAP since that will provide the greatest impetus for change.

Dasty

Edit: Eric posted the following this morning, so it seems we're a lock for the 22nd. Let the Onslaught literally (and figuratively on the forums) begin...

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I alluded to this in my earlier post (Phase 3 coming down the end of the this week) but I wanted to post a reminder. PTS Phase 3 will be coming down for good this Friday afternoon! Make sure to get in your PTS Achievements by then if you want the Kai Zaikken log.

The current patch that is on PTS will be the final one. We would love to put up more patches and show you the changes that have already been made, along with gathering more feedback. At this point though the team needs to focus their efforts on the final build for the 22nd. Definitely keep all feedback coming it is still being passed onto the team and rolled into launch.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Lhancelot
10.09.2019 , 11:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I lol'd.

OP, I don't think they can afford to delay after talking it up the last couple months. They'll lose people if they make another delay.

No, what will happen is it'll be released on schedule, it'll be a buggy, rage-inducing mess, they'll spend the next 6 months doing surprise patch days to fix the bugs and another 6 months fixing the rage. Just like 5.0.
Dat right. ^
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

MorseGod
10.09.2019 , 11:24 AM | #27
The broken version will be released on Oct. 22.

The fixed version will be released about 5 minutes before 7.0 launches.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

ElZaguero
10.09.2019 , 11:28 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
10/22 - 6.0
10/23 - whupsie!
10/24 - 6.0a
10/25 servers down most of the day
10/26 6.0b with a bug that reformats your HD and installs FreeBSD

LeMage
10.09.2019 , 11:44 AM | #29
Maybe It will come on the 22nd. It might however, be borked, so the servers will be off while they try to patch the errors. when on the 24th thats complete we find the expansion works but the rest of the game now doesn't . (Since it came on the 22nd thats no delay )
Hope for the best, plan for the worst
I once thought a gaming company could not be any worse than SOE.
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

Lhancelot
10.09.2019 , 11:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
The broken version will be released on Oct. 22.

The fixed version will be released about 5 minutes before 7.0 launches.
Well, this is being optimistic.

I mean, you really think they will fix everything by 7.0? WOW! I can't see that.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.