Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why No Social For PVP

Zerileth
10.07.2019 , 01:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
LoL, no it’s not. You can’t buy anything from vendors with Valor.
Yet, you do NEED valor to purchase certain things.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

denavin
10.07.2019 , 06:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
PvP is not social.
PvP is about as anti-social as you can possibly get and still be in a group... In case you don't get it ....

PvP is all about KILLING your FELLOW players..... There is NOTHING remotely social about that.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Damask_Rose
10.07.2019 , 07:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
PvP is about as anti-social as you can possibly get and still be in a group... In case you don't get it ....

PvP is all about KILLING your FELLOW players..... There is NOTHING remotely social about that.
PvP is about making a coordinated effort with your teammates to defeat your mutual enemy. PvP can be significantly more social than most pve activities. " "Hi" ... "GJ" " is about as social as most flashpoints get.

TrixxieTriss
10.07.2019 , 08:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Yet, you do NEED valor to purchase certain things.
You used too, not anymore

TrixxieTriss
10.07.2019 , 08:23 PM | #15

Every heard or premades or ranked teams?

That is the definition of social. Especially if you are in a pvp guild with everyone on voice chat.

When ever you have a bunch if players in “any group” in this game and communicating and working towards a goal, it is social.

The pvp queue is no worse different to a bunch of randoms queuing for flash points, then space baring through the cut scenes when someone might want to watch them or kicking them if they don’t know the fight or have the right gear or level.
And how about a heroic when you get a random invite to kill stuff and not even asked and no one is saying anything?

I would argue that premade pvpers and even reg queue pvpers are more social than those two examples of pve content that gets social points.

Ardrossan
10.07.2019 , 10:22 PM | #16

Yes, unlike FPs where [if you're lucky] people will say 'hi' at the start, 'spacebar' during the cutscenes, and 'tyfg' at the end. That's if you're lucky. If not, they probably will be talking to you, but I'm not sure flamebait / ragequits can really be considered sociable.

Actually, I lied, what BW considers 'social' in fps is picking choices in the cutscenes, which is basically RNG-Story. If we had LS/DS cutscenes before being allowed to play huttball, maybe we'd get social points too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

JediQuaker
10.08.2019 , 07:39 AM | #17
There's really not much point in arguing about whether PvP is social or not.
The bottom line is, you don't get social points for PvP. Perhaps the aim is to encourage PvP'ers to do some PvE. Or it's simply an oversight. It's not apt to change anytime soon.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Dbohrius
10.08.2019 , 08:07 AM | #18
+1 from me as well.

I'd PvP more often it that was the case.
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

AlrikFassbauer
10.08.2019 , 09:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
LMAO, it is the definition of social.
I disagree. Competition is not social.

There's a brand new study from the "Karlsruhe Institute for Technology" and the "Institute of Microeconomics" of the University Bonn, Germany.

https://www.econ.uni-bonn.de/en/research

The study says that in job business, men are more likely to sabotage others.
Here's a link to that article in a German business magazine : https://www.handelsblatt.com/dpa/arb.../25094928.html
It's in German language, though.

The main part from that translated by using a web translator :

Quote:
It turned out that men invested more money to reduce the performance of their competitors, Nieken said. Despite comparable performance, men had won more often. However, as soon as they received information about the actual extent of sabotage by competitors, they adjusted their behaviour.
Sounds to me *exactly* like what happens in PvP .
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Batwer
10.08.2019 , 12:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
PvP is not social.
I just had to laugh.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6