Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why No Social For PVP

MK-ULTRA
10.06.2019 , 03:40 AM | #1
I do not understand why unranked pvp, ranked pvp or GSF does not grant you social points. I like to pvp and GSF. I do not like to run the same flashpoint over and over and over. Yes FP are fun but I just like pvp.

Seriously I repeat it is basically incomprehensible why these activities do not grant any social points.

Also why are the weeklies and dailies for pvp so few matches? I want to play 10 matches in a row, maybe a twice a day. 2-4 matches for dailies is nothing.

Add new tier of dailies and weeklies for people like me with greater rewards. Heck the rewards don't even have to be greater just something other than nothing.
You spelled tyranny wrong.

Master_Morak
10.06.2019 , 04:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
I do not understand why unranked pvp, ranked pvp or GSF does not grant you social points. I like to pvp and GSF. I do not like to run the same flashpoint over and over and over. Yes FP are fun but I just like pvp.

Seriously I repeat it is basically incomprehensible why these activities do not grant any social points.

Also why are the weeklies and dailies for pvp so few matches? I want to play 10 matches in a row, maybe a twice a day. 2-4 matches for dailies is nothing.

Add new tier of dailies and weeklies for people like me with greater rewards. Heck the rewards don't even have to be greater just something other than nothing.
PvP is not social.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

xordevoreaux
10.06.2019 , 05:02 AM | #4
I don't have one opinion or the other on this, but when I saw "Why No Social For PVP" I thought to myself well okay, hi there, I'm here to murder you, and we'll both get social points! Murder is a form of socialization, yes!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TrixxieTriss
10.06.2019 , 05:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
PvP is not social.
LMAO, it is the definition of social.

TrixxieTriss
10.06.2019 , 05:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I don't have one opinion or the other on this, but when I saw "Why No Social For PVP" I thought to myself well okay, hi there, I'm here to murder you, and we'll both get social points! Murder is a form of socialization, yes!
What about people on your own team ? That’s social.

Ardrossan
10.06.2019 , 08:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post

At 70 it goes up to 4/20 which is rather a lot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Hawkebatt
10.06.2019 , 11:20 PM | #8
Social is conversing with others. IE cut scenes. Doing flashpoints with no shared cut scenes will gain you zero social.
PVP has Valor. Valor is the social scale of PVP.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

TrixxieTriss
10.06.2019 , 11:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
Social is conversing with others. IE cut scenes. Doing flashpoints with no shared cut scenes will gain you zero social.
PVP has Valor. Valor is the social scale of PVP.
LoL, no it’s not. You can’t buy anything from vendors with Valor.

Zerileth
10.07.2019 , 01:29 AM | #10
In game, Immersive pvp has no social aspect therefore game rewards of "social points" wouldn't be a factor, however this IS A video game, and therefore, the shear act of interaction with others as in pvp is a social environment and should support the reward of social points.

I think social points were created for flashpoints and the devs just never thought about pvp in that regard. As, players we are playing together in pvp. The social points should apply.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."