Has the Empire lost the war? Totally?

KaleTogras

Ok, I can't speak about the state of the Empire without going into spoiler territory, so...

Let's recap:

- The Empire has lost the element of surprise by loosing Intelligence, the Children and most of its double agents to the Republic and to Sith in-fighting (looking at you, Wrath)

- It has sustained enormous casualties, with 1/10 of its forces dead on Corellia alone

- Has lost the Core Worlds

- Has lost much of the original Dark Council

- Had a little Civil War, with Malgus costing them a fleet, most of its alien allies and the greatest Factory station it had

- Has lost the gosh darn Emperor (albeit temporarily, waiting for the 'Wrath of the Emperor King' expansion :p)

So, is there any hope that the Imps can bounce back? And how exactly?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd have to quit the infighting, which looks to be doubtful. They'd probably need a powerful figure to unite them, and even then it's a long shot.

That said, I do hope they rebound and gain some key victories against the Republic.

They'd have to quit the infighting, which looks to be doubtful. They'd probably need a powerful figure to unite them, and even then it's a long shot.

That said, I do hope they rebound and gain some key victories against the Republic.

The way I see it, the next expansion will be the return of either the Emperor or some more tangible, physical manifestation of him. He will then unite the Empire and let the Imps rally for an impressive victory or two (An Ops where you kick Satele's shapely deriere, for instance)...

...and then if that expansion sells poorly, the next one will see the Imps and Pubs join together to prevent the Emperor's 'true' plan, sign another peace agreement/enter another Cold War and use the stalemate to milk people through the Cartel Market :p.

Don't forget about the situation with the Dread Masters. That right there has cost the Empire additional and unique forces which would have been excellent weapons of war in the fight against the Republic.

and REMEMBER with the new front of the war with the Hutt Cartel, the tides may turn yet again!

Edited by BlazingShadow

You guys do realize that the Sith do ultimately lose the War and end up in near total extinction (with the exception of a small handful of Sith living under the cover of Republic Senators and similar things and the Lost Tribe of the Sith, which had been missing centuries before the game even started), right? Edited by XantosCledwin

You guys do realize that the Sith do ultimately lose the War and end up in near total extinction (with the exception of a small handful of Sith living under the cover of Republic Senators and similar things and the Lost Tribe of the Sith, which had been missing centuries before the game even started), right?

There's about 3000 years between the TOR timeframe and the events of the movies. That's a lot of time for the war to seesaw back and forth between the Empire and the Republic before the Empire falls.

There's about 3000 years between the TOR timeframe and the events of the movies. That's a lot of time for the war to seesaw back and forth between the Empire and the Republic before the Empire falls.

That's true I suppose. The thing is, there is no way that the game can span all 3,000 or so years between the TOR time frame and the first Movie.

That's true I suppose. The thing is, there is no way that the game can span all 3,000 or so years between the TOR time frame and the first Movie.

Obviously. On the other hand, they decided to make both factions playable, if the intention is just to go with "The Republic always wins, sometime later on the Empire implodes." they should have just made the Empire a purely NPC faction.

It's one thing to play Imperial knowing that at some point in the next 3000 years the Empire is doomed, it's another to play it and just constantly lose right now and have pretty much everything you're doing in game mean nothing.

Obviously. On the other hand, they decided to make both factions playable, if the intention is just to go with "The Republic always wins, sometime later on the Empire implodes." they should have just made the Empire a purely NPC faction.

It's one thing to play Imperial knowing that at some point in the next 3000 years the Empire is doomed, it's another to play it and just constantly lose right now and have pretty much everything you're doing in game mean nothing.

That. It makes no sense from a game designer's stand point - If the Empire players and especially the rarest kind, Imp RP-ers, have to go through every future expansion knowing that every victory they achieved will be retconned into a Republic win later, what's the point of playing? That's why we're getting the Hutts and the Dread Masters and all those other joint antagonists for now - not to upset the order of things. Sure, the Pubs and Imps are enemies, but sometimes, they are merely frenemies :).

That being said, having played through both the Rep and Imp class stories (or watched them on YouTube in the case of the JC, SI and Trooper), I still hate it how many times the Imps are building steadily towards a small victory, while the Pubs are mostly just salvaging one close disaster/sabotage/Imp plot after another, only to incidently score an incredible victory almost 'on the side' (see Jedi Knight with the Emperor and Corellia)!

In the early days of the game, I think the devs said the game would have the Empire merge with the Republic, explaining how the SIth accent became the Core accent. Can't find the post that said this though...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Edited by _biddan_

In the early days of the game, I think the devs said the game would have the Empire merge with the Republic, explaining how the SIth accent became the Core accent. Can't find the post that said this though...

It would certainly explain the Republic of the Clone Wars...

The Empire has had serious loses, but they've also had a lot of the chaff purged. The Dark Council is leaner and meaner, the new Voice of the Emperor is super tough, people messing with them behind the scenes are gone and the most dangerous hired gun in the galaxy is still on their side. So going on the defense for a while is actually a good chance for them to reorganize.

The sith empire fought the republic up until the battle of Ruusaan. After that sith empire was defeated and you had the golden age of republic.

That was a different empire. The Battle of Ruusan involve the Galactic Republic having a war with Darth Ruin New Sith Empire and the Brotherhood of Darkness. The Sith Empire in the game is before that.

That was a different empire. The Battle of Ruusan involve the Galactic Republic having a war with Darth Ruin New Sith Empire and the Brotherhood of Darkness. The Sith Empire in the game is before that.

aha...I had thought the Sith Empire we fought now continued off and on up until the Battle of Ruusan and had just developed into the Brotherhood of Darkness.

Totally, no. Eventually, yes. This is part of why I would have liked to see this game take place a couple hundred years after Episode VI. Completely unexplored territory where either side has a chance to win. And how awesome would it be if we influence Star Wars canon? Like say if there is an event of some kind, and whomever wins is how it would play out in the EU.

Would make me feel part of the story!

Well Darth Bane's Rule of Two does not kick in until about 1000 years before the movies. So theoretically the Empire can and probably does come back in the intervening 2000 years.

It would certainly explain the Republic of the Clone Wars...
explain

Look at the Sith imperial ships and tech in this game along with the imperial emblem. Then look at the Republic ships and tech and emblem in the PT. Finally, look at the Imperial ships and tech and emblem in the OT. They are more than vaguely similar. In fact, the rebel alliance emblem from the movies more closely resembles the emblem of the Republic in SWTOR.

That being said, all those similarities are more probably the result of the PT set designers and the SWTOR game

designers looking to the OT movies for inspiration. The PT set designers wanted the Republic ships and tech to resemble the Imperial ships and tech of the OT so make the transition that much more plausible - why would the new Emperor (Palpatine) re-tool all the Old Republic shipyards? The SWTOR game designers wanted the game's Sith Empire ships and tech to resemble the OT Imperials in order to better associate their ships and tech with already known "bad guy" ships and tech.

From my understanding :

- This current Empire vs Republic war will last like 1 thousand years.

- After than there will be another thousand years of "peace" (or nn Empire conflicts).

- And then you'll have the Darth Ruin sith era that will last something between 500-1k years.

- Finally, we'll have the 1 thousand years of "peace" and Darth Bane dinasty.

Edited by yoomazir

From my understanding :

- This current Empire vs Republic war will last like 1 thousand years.

- After than there will be another thousand years of "peace" (or nn Empire conflicts).

- And then you'll have the Darth Ruin sith era that will last something between 500-1k years.

- Finally, we'll have the 1 thousand years of "peace" and Darth Bane dinasty.

I'm sure I've read in a thread on one of these forums that the current war only lasts about 50-100 years, depending on which class your doing as they occur at different points in the tmeline.

See I thought this too... But I'm starting to think "who's winning" is dependent on the class you play?

Or maybe the empire will make a comeback in the future?

I recorded the clip from the storyline from the point of view of my Sith Warrior when you complete the False Emperor Flashpoint for the first time. (I thought it was rather interesting)

These are the exact word of Grand Moff Regus when you go to turn in the False Emperor mission

Grand Moff Regus: "contrary to Maglus's claims the Empire is stronger than ever, meanwhile the traitors flock is abandoning the flaming ruins of his heretical revolution"

Then if you say option 3: How will the empire respond?

Grand Moff Regus: "We were in a grave place, intelligence disbanded, much of the dark council slain and the chosen of the emperor defeated, but a new age is upon us"

General Hesker: "Already our strength rallies after the fall of darth Malgus"

Grand Moff Regus: "The Empire's power is surging my lord, for the sith and all our citizens we will rule the galaxy once more"

I'm sure I've read in a thread on one of these forums that the current war only lasts about 50-100 years, depending on which class your doing as they occur at different points in the tmeline.

Huh, I was under the impression that all of the class stories occur along roughly the same timeline.

some spoilage

The Warrior is about saving the Empire. The Inquisitor is about changing it. Put those two together and you have an Empire which could one day be absorbed into the Republic.

This will likely happen as Emperor Vitiate's main goal is the extinction of all life in the galaxy, a revelation that could certainly shatter the Empire.

Huh, I was under the impression that all of the class stories occur along roughly the same timeline.

You are correct, they are all roughly concurrent. The Warrior battles Baras while the Knight battles the Emperor. The Bounty Hunter and Agent get to Corellia and do their thing a little before everyone else.

Edited by maxetius