Bring Kreia back and do it right

Darionshadow

I have been thinking about it, and feel like it could be a great way for SWTOR to redeem KOTOR Storyline...

Sara Kestelman did an amazing job with Kreia in KOTOR 2 and I feel like SWTOR can make a good storyline if they bring her back. But I am also kinda worried since they butchered Revan's story in SWTOR. Do you guys think Kreia can be used in SWTOR to redeem the games bad reputation of butchering Revan? Using the Entity as an alurement for Kreia in Sith Warrior Storyline was a bad idea in my humble opinion. What do you guys think?

I don't usually like to jump in and start opposing ideas and suggestions as they're made; true here and in real life. But I'm a little wary and weary of dead people refusing to stay dead. Very occasionally, it can be a powerful and interesting mechanism to tell stories (*), but often it is just creative bankruptcy. We've had several rise-from-the-dead characters already, both in SWTOR and in the canon SW universe, not to mention the Legends universe.

I prefer new characters and original story lines.

(*) Buffy being a good example. But then, Joss Whedon and Co. are excellent writers. Trivia: What is the name of the band that composed the theme music of the show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer?"

Hint:

Scruffy-lookers, each of them.

Answer:

There's a theory that the dark entity Baras has enslaved in Corellia is actually Darth Traya.

Anyway, I hope they don't bring her back. She's one of my favorite video game characters ever, but her story is over and I see no reason to "ruin" her death and bond with the Exile by bringing her back in SWTOR. I already hated Revan in this game, he was insufferable douche and I hate that they made male Revan canon (I actually like to headcanon he's just the real Revan's son, much like Beelzlit from this game who took his fathers identity and title after he was murdered by the Sith Warrior)

Edited by ruffolofi

While I love Traya I don't see a point in bringing her back.

There's a theory that the dark entity Baras has enslaved in Corellia is actually Darth Traya.

Anyway, I hope they don't bring her back. She's one of my favorite video game characters ever, but her story is over and I see no reason to "ruin" her death and bond with the Exile by bringing her back in SWTOR. I already hated Revan in this game, he was insufferable douche and I hate that they made male Revan canon.

You do realize the game is not to blame for a male canonical Revan, right? It was Lucasfilm's decision, in an encyclopedia they established the canonical ending for both KOTORs as well as the genders of the protagonists. SWTOR is not to blame for that, they just followed the previously established canon.

While I love Traya I don't see a point in bringing her back.

You do realize the game is not to blame for a male canonical Revan, right? It was Lucasfilm's decision, in an encyclopedia they established the canonical ending for both KOTORs as well as the genders of the protagonists. SWTOR is not to blame for that, they just followed the previously established canon.

I didn't know that so thanks for the information. Still hate the choice to make male Revan canon. If Bioware had wanted they could just not have had Revan as a major NPC in this game though. In Dromund Kaas the Revanites even say it's not sure if Revan was male or female.

Edited by ruffolofi

I think you guys are right... I will await the return of Darth Jadus then :D

For me that would be prefferable as Jadus is still very much out there somewhare.

Kreia would not have been a bad idea if BW had not already done this storyline before with other characters.

Even then not a story I would have enjoyed much as bring back killed off character(s) was never my idea of good story witeing. I used to many many years ago read around 40-50 comic books a week. Continually bring back dead characters, and resetting the universe was what stopped me. I went from 40-50 to zero.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I didn't know that so thanks for the information. Still hate the choice to make male Revan canon. If Bioware had wanted they could just not have had Revan as a major NPC in this game though. In Dromund Kaas the Revanites even say it's not sure if Revan was male or female.

I'm sure if it was up to them they wouldn't have made a canon Revan, Dragon Age or Mass Effect don't establish canonical genders for your characters.

Really? I am playing it rn. I shall watch carefully XD

Mind sharing the precise details, if you have them? I'd like to go read it.

The data pad is called "Legacy of Darth Traya". It's part of the "Scholar of Dantooine" achievement. Though it does little more than make vague mention of her. https://mmobits.com/2019/06/05/dantooine-achievements-guide/

These were all great characters and they "Died" usually in a befitting way as to their Importance, Greatness and Impact on good stories. However when they come back they're often a bit less shiny, their role is diminished and character just isn't what it used to be thus Diminishing the memory. If it goes on long enough the once Icon makers become just another nobody you see everywhere often doing who cares what.

This isn't everybody ofcourse but for myself, I'd prefer to remember them for how they created good stories that lead to now and not yesterdays news.