Healing is still ridiculously op

Raansu

Self-heals maybe, but actual healers have already been nerfed too much.

I'm barely doing 1.5X the heals in level 75 content that I can do in legacy content. That's a major nerf since hitpoints and dps have both doubled. Heals should have been increased accordingly, but they were not.

Heals were disgustingly OP which is why they were not scaled to match health increases.

You're a fool.

Heals were not buffed to the same scale damage was in 6.0. They were not OP before and they are very weak now. DPS and especially burst is king. No single heal hits for over 40k (and getting that is rare) while we have burst phases for ertain dps classes allowing upwards of 150K plus in 3-5 GCDs.

tl:dr you don't know how to effectively deal damage

Healing is underperforming atm. I dunno where you get that idea.

They have tanky cooldowns but they are necessary to stay alive. You do know that when they are healing themselves they are hardly healing anyone else yeah? My healer has a lot less crit than my dps and my biggest heal hits for far less than the biggest dps hits. The dcd's are the only reason they are alive.

I am guessing a guard aswell. Sorry, but if anything healing needs a buff, but i'd rather see damage nerfed.

Edited by Nemmar

Self-heals maybe, but actual healers have already been nerfed too much.

I think this is accurate, particularly on classes that already have too many tools in their kit. DPS Operatives/Scoundrels come to mind.

They're highly mobile, incredibly tanky, and hit pretty hard. No rational reason for their self-healing to be where it is. It's simply too much.

I wouldn’t call heals anywhere close to OP in 6.0 although a good tank/heal combo is still fairly indestructible. The problem there lies more with average players not knowing how to keep the 2 separated more so than their actual strength.

Healing output needs to be cut in half. Heaven forbid people die in pvp.

deception sin is ridiculously op lol. healers are fine. just watch sins doing 65k hits, guarding, vanishing two times and regening two times while cc'ing enemies with leg slash and ww

I think this is accurate, particularly on classes that already have too many tools in their kit. DPS Operatives/Scoundrels come to mind.

They're highly mobile, incredibly tanky, and hit pretty hard. No rational reason for their self-healing to be where it is. It's simply too much.

That is a different issue. Rufian self heals are OP atm. It may be cause its not a healer spec, it flew under the radar and their heals are incredibly strong with their buff and all the utilities. It's insane self healing. You can hit them with a full rotation and they are still at max hp. It needs nerfing.

Personally I prefer less healing and more killing. A 5 minute round with no one dying is frustrating, + i get a sore thumb. My fingers are already rekked from years of skilled labour. Although robotic, crush steel pipe replacement hands are something I look forward too in the future, i'd like to avoid artheritic pain it if at all possible in the meantime.

IMO healing should not negate dps based purely on a numbers basis, but on a skill basis. If a dps plays well a healer should not be able to stop the person from being killed, healer and tank yes, maybe ... but whether a person is killed or not shouldn't be based on my hps outweights your dps, it should be based on whether the dps plays correctly or not. I would love to see healing specs become more support like, with cc and other abilities to frustrate the dps player and force or entice them to fuk up, thus saving their teammate, rather than my numbers beat your numbers.

Even in the lore force based healing is rare, make kills based on skill and execution rather than statistics.

And at the end of the day, killing shiz is why we play games, when ppl survive due to number vs number, it's just not fun. Lower healing output and give healers more CC with lower resolve building from such CC. If I play perfectly I expect my enemy to die, not be full HP regardless of what I do, cuz his number beats my number.

Edited by uppen

The thing virtually all the whinge posts ignore is that X damage is never against Y healing.

A healer can heal far less damage than is being done and still no one dies.

It's because of cooldowns, **** loads of cooldowns from everyone on the team. Controls, taunts, dcds, physics and heals.

It's ridiculous to boil healer value down to a question of whether they can survive a 1v1 with a dps or heal a team while being dogpiled. Because that kind of thinking tends to have the assumption that the team makes zero effort to support the healer.

Obviously this thread is weird but it's still very obvious the sustain a team has with a properly supported healer. The same healer that will get dunked by a dps class in 6.0 if they wander about solo or get abandoned.

It's being reinforced that healing is a team support role and it still works as a team support role. Anything else that was possible with larger healing values pre-6.0 is dead.

Edited by Gyronamics

I took over 5 million damage in a warzone where the top dpser did 3 million (I was at 2.25 mill) and died 8 times because for whatever reason everyone decides to focus me (probably a vigi guardian thing).

Seriously the next highest damage taken was 3 mill, and he died 10 times as a merc.

But you guys want to know why I don't pvp like I used to, that's why. I still managed to score our only goal, winning us the match because the other team was doing nothing but number farming, and somehow got no MVP votes, and someone PM me afterword to tell me I sucked.

I took over 5 million damage in a warzone where the top dpser did 3 million (I was at 2.25 mill) and died 8 times because for whatever reason everyone decides to focus me (probably a vigi guardian thing).

Seriously the next highest damage taken was 3 mill, and he died 10 times as a merc.

But you guys want to know why I don't pvp like I used to, that's why. I still managed to score our only goal, winning us the match because the other team was doing nothing but number farming, and somehow got no MVP votes, and someone PM me afterword to tell me I sucked.

Lol, I would just feel sorry for the pm’er in this case. Well done for carrying ur team!

Story of my every Swtor life. But I really do not care, all I want is win and do nice objective based WZ.

Yesterday I had two nice games, very close wins, somehow those always feel nice when you win them.

I had an Odessen Proving Grounds where I picked each buff, in each round got 21 medals, and no vote.

We where behind by 200 points up to mid round.

Healing is under powered at the moment, and I play all three classes. It is okay with a good tank.

Add that most DPS give a toss to peel a healer, and there you have the result.

Max Damage hits are 50k plus (some hit 100k I think MM Sniper can do that, I hit 90k plus a few times with Eng), Dec Sin have double/triple Maul of 50k plus. Carnage/Combat same but is rotation based so much harder to do then Maul. Operative have something similar to Sins, but is the rotation I know less since I do not play it so I cannot comment much on it.

No healer has that burst heal to overcome that, so they have to resort to DCD, if those have been used you are screwed even by one of the above burst DPS spec. As someone said heals are most sub 50k, but I think I have seen Merc/Commando with a highest heal of above 50k (I think 70k). Healing output wise has been increase to about 25%, while damage has increased 100%. But also sustained damage and healing is in favor of the first.

A good DPS in 5.10/11 meta was doing 6/7k plus (only dots did 7k plus which in PvP was only good to kill mosquitoes and any healer could heal it), a good healer 9k plus. In 6 meta good DPSer do 15k plus, and a good healer does the same.

Healing in 6.0 is in a very weak spot, possibly it was that weak in around 1.3 till till the end of 2 meta but then we did not have arenas in most that time, and in regz you would find more decent players, and also tanks used to que more.

Also burst was strong back but not how it now especially from the stealthy classes As an advantage today all healers are more mobile something which from Meta 1 to 3 most where not with the exception of operative.

Conclusion - healing is in the worst spot it has been in the story of Swtor.

Edited by limenutpen

I think I have seen Merc/Commando with a highest heal of above 50k (I think 70k).

If previously healed by Healing Scan/AMP and with shield utility and heroic utility they gain +26% to all heals on themselves.

To heal 70k on themselves they would have to be able to heal 56k on someone without any healing boosts.

I have doubts.

Edited by Gyronamics

Jugg DPS has always been a priority kill target because once their DCDs are burned, they are squishy. Mercs are kind of the same way right now, even though they have more escapes with double rocket.

Edited by GrandMoffBlaze

Jugg DPS has always been a priority kill target because once their DCDs are burned, they are squishy. Mercs are kind of the same way right now, even though they have more escapes with double rocket.

If it wasnt obvious this was a huttball, not ranked, where I am constantly reading "it's fine and maybe guardians are the best or OP because of self heals" I was ridiculed in early 5 0 before the rescaling of FD for saying guardians have a problem under focus, not a problem with ranked. The difference is you are more likely to be the immediate focus in ranked. But you can have the same problem, as I experienced once again, in regs.

Also, the merc, who has even better self heals took less damage and died more often. If kills were their thing, go chase him around at leisure. Oh that's right, then they'd have had less number farming time because I would have ended the match.

If it wasnt obvious this was a huttball, not ranked, where I am constantly reading "it's fine and maybe guardians are the best or OP because of self heals" I was ridiculed in early 5 0 before the rescaling of FD for saying guardians have a problem under focus, not a problem with ranked. The difference is you are more likely to be the immediate focus in ranked. But you can have the same problem, as I experienced once again, in regs.

What is this self pity about not having enough survivability for huttball ball carrying. If you're playing for objectives you have to know ball carrying requires teamwork not you soloing against 8 enemy players.

Not even a merc can facetank all the way to the goal line and nothing beats a merc for having to stand there and get hit in the face without support. Reverse leap included, mercs are slow and have to follow the ground through every single trap in the way unless someone helps them out (teamwork!).

Jugs are one of the best classes at actually moving the ball to the goal because of 3d movement to allies OR enemies across the map (reduces need to risk passing as well as ditching enemies), limited physics, some CC immunity plus an aoe CC to shut everyone up for a bit.

Sorcs are the best supporting class and operatives are simply obnoxious in large map huttball. Neither of them can facetank for ****. But if you want to see a 6-0 shutout you load the team up with some operatives and sorcs and a bunch of tanky stuff to be distracting.

Jugs do not need any more survivability for huttball. They need what everyone has always needed for huttball and that's a team that wants to do objectives because with some support a jug is a great ball carrier.

Just because you don't feel appreciated for playing objectives doesn't make it otherwise.

Edited by Gyronamics

As someone said heals are most sub 50k, but I think I have seen Merc/Commando with a highest heal of above 50k (I think 70k).

U got to link me screens of this lul , as main merc/mando healer i can definitely tell u the higest heal u will see even with shield + 20% buff is maybe 52k on lucky crit on YOURSELF with a 1.7-1.8 sec casted heal.

people who say heals are fine are just trolling in general . I'm not saying healing isn't viable , but its definitely not the way to climb or to get a feel of "carrying" from.

healing needs a bit of love to survive in this dps meta . Drop the auto pvp trauma maybe for one thing is already +15%:rak_02:

The problem as I see it is the skank tanks or tanks in general. They do way too much damage while still enjoying all the benifits of being a tank. It means you spend to much time dealing with their dps and less time on healers or other dps.

This is a stupid situation considering bolster has the ability to limit the stats that allow them to skank. It’s an easy fix, put a hard cap on dps stats or big diminishing return when they hit the right mark for a tank. If they are a real tank with a real tank setup, it will not affect the proper tank class in pvp or pve

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What is this self pity about not having enough survivability for huttball ball carrying. If you're playing for objectives you have to know ball carrying requires teamwork not you soloing against 8 enemy players.

Not even a merc can facetank all the way to the goal line and nothing beats a merc for having to stand there and get hit in the face without support. Reverse leap included, mercs are slow and have to follow the ground through every single trap in the way unless someone helps them out (teamwork!).

Jugs are one of the best classes at actually moving the ball to the goal because of 3d movement to allies OR enemies across the map (reduces need to risk passing as well as ditching enemies), limited physics, some CC immunity plus an aoe CC to shut everyone up for a bit.

Sorcs are the best supporting class and operatives are simply obnoxious in large map huttball. Neither of them can facetank for ****. But if you want to see a 6-0 shutout you load the team up with some operatives and sorcs and a bunch of tanky stuff to be distracting.

Jugs do not need any more survivability for huttball. They need what everyone has always needed for huttball and that's a team that wants to do objectives because with some support a jug is a great ball carrier.

Just because you don't feel appreciated for playing objectives doesn't make it otherwise.

As a long time HB player, I agree 100% with everything you’ve said. Juggs are fine in HB (I won’t go on about other pvp, which is a different situation).

If I had to choose any class to play “proper” teamwork HB, it would be a Jugg. They are so versatile and have a bunch of options to score.

Even in this stupid meta of dumb matches where people don’t use team work and just F about, I would choose a Jugg. I can carry whole crap teams on a Jugg in those situations and just rip the opposition a new butt hole when I solo score 6-0. Operatives are the only other class that is as versatile in those sorts of “solo” play environments

And if anyone bothers to pay attention to what my complaint was about it was....

A FOCUS PROBLEM

Not a huttball problem. I just happened to be the one person in this huttball attempting to do anything. But thanks for reminding me once again why I stopped saying anything here.