Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I was just trying to point out something that I thought was interesting and relevant, I was not trying to defend EAWare in any way shape or form.

Oh I know, was just saying I think you are reading something into it that isn't there. ;) I don't believe BW would think about SGR's enough to care how they word their blog articles.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get really fired up. I think the huffingpost is my next call. I won't blow up the forums, but I'm going to hit just about every site that I think might care.

I'm glad some of you can still get fired up, hope all your efforts get something out of them.

Me though, after a year of this nonsense I find I can't get the motivation beyond just chatting in the thread here. Been ignored by a lot more important folks than EA and BW before and I really don't think it'll do any good in the end. Even if they are forced to say something the content still isn't coming. :(

i must say i love the atmosphere this thread gives (minus the now again individuals who pop in) very positive community as an earlier post said. tho thats ur gay love for ya. but question... what do u think is the largest demographic that actually wants the sgrs in this game (or any game for that matter) from reading post of the past i assumed most ppl on here were older. im 21 so i'd expect to younger peeps to be more adamant and desiring of them.

Don't feel bad Aeonis. **hugs**

You compose yourself like an adult. I figure if I don't have to ask your age, then you're just fine. You seem eager, but not immature.

I never forgot what it was like to be 21. You're just fine. :)

Doup reminded me that the site that pegged EA with the "worst company in America" title was consumerist.com

They really really don't like EA still.

Guess who just got a bright shiny email from me?

Take initiative if you have the fortitude and start writing emails anywhere you can. The louder we are, the more likely we are to get this going.

Edited by natashina

I was reading through past threads and quotes from EA/Bioware reps and apparently SGRs are going to be implemented in future story content expansions. They also mentioned we were getting one THIS YEAR. Well, I haven't seen that so far, and this year's almost up...

About contacting Dan Savage, he's a double-edged sword. In the past I remember he's been accused of being a r*pe apologist, misogynist and transphobic. He's not very well received in some LGBT areas because of this.

On a lighter note I'm trying to think of who else I can contact. I have emailed Gawker.com? Don't think so...

Unknown or irrelevant, yes. It certainly is interesting as points go. Me, personally, I think it's probably just the writer's mode of writing rather than some sly hint or backside-covering going on.

Well, I remember when it was Kaliyo's blog. They didn't use a neutral pronoun. And some came here and said "See ? Here's your proof. Kaliyo won't be bi. She's straight" I'm paraphrasing of course.

Now they can't do the same with Vette. For that alone I'm grateful about the use of "their"

Well, I remember when it was Kaliyo's blog. They didn't use a neutral pronoun. And some came here and said "See ? Here's your proof. Kaliyo won't be bi. She's straight" I'm paraphrasing of course.

Now they can't do the same with Vette. For that alone I'm grateful about the use of "their"

That IS a good thing. Mind you, some people will say anything. Websites can be edited and lines can be rewritten. It's not 'proof' of anything but how it was written at the time. Personally I won't take anything less than a formal statement that SGRAs have been abandoned, or the actual implementation of SGRAs in-game, as proof positive either way.

I will wait until makeb, and new story, before I get overly dogged off. If no sgr comes with them, then yes, they haven't done what they said they would do, but as things got delayed this year, further patience is called for.

They haven't said anything detailed about what's coming with makeb, so I'll wait for now.

I will wait until makeb, and new story, before I get overly dogged off. If no sgr comes with them, then yes, they haven't done what they said they would do, but as things got delayed this year, further patience is called for.

They haven't said anything detailed about what's coming with makeb, so I'll wait for now.

Yes, things got delayed. But nothing has been told to us in any way as to whether those delays mean the schedule has changed. 'We're still on track' or 'It's been pushed back' isn't a big ask. Heck, Joveth's post in this thread specifically states they've got no new information for us. And that means that no, more patience actually isn't called for. They haven't revised their Guild Summit statement of 'this year' which means we must go by that as being our last official notification, so if it comes to January the 1st and there's no SGRAs, THEN they haven't done what they've said they would.

About contacting Dan Savage, he's a double-edged sword. In the past I remember he's been accused of being a r*pe apologist, misogynist and transphobic. He's not very well received in some LGBT areas because of this.

On a lighter note I'm trying to think of who else I can contact. I have emailed Gawker.com? Don't think so...

I might as well go down the list of emails I've sent in the last 12 hours or so.

• 1up.com
  • Kotaku.com
  • forbes.com
  • Dan Savage
  • Huffington Post
  • The Gawker
  • The Consumerist
  • Destructoid.com
  • Gaygamer.net
  • GLAAD

I'll be adding more to it later, but for right now I think that's just about everyone I would think would help us.

Hmm, maybe Massively as well? Not sure yet.

Anyhow, that's what I'm doing. Trying to be the squeakiest wheel in the bunch.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. I'll keep trying. Now, I doubt I'll hear anything back especially if this letter gets picked up. Maybe in the next week, we'll see some articles popping up. I'll keep my eyes open and if any articles get started, I'll link them here.

Edit: The only time the mods read any of these posts is if they are flagged. I have posts that were flagged on the General Forums that are allowed to stay here. So they may moderate and keep the trolls down, but I am really convinced they don't read this thread at all.

Edited by natashina

Reminder: flag don't fight

Yeah, I think if Makeb comes and we hear/see nothing, then I'll be really worried.

I'm not convinced it will come with Makeb. If that is the "official word" by someone who's not from that department anyway, then why burry it.

That's why I'd like to know and why I'm finally emailing news sites.

This whole thing really makes zero sense to me. More than angry at this point, I'm confused.

The deleted Tweets and "he said/she said" type behavior from EA/BW is childish at best.

I'm not going to sit on my hands politely waiting for next spring or whenever they decide to talk about Makeb.

Heya Fabiyun, didn't you say that Stonewall UK might be interested in this?

Doup brought up an excellent point as to why I'm doing this.

Say that a new Battlefield game was coming out that was not able to offer multiplayer at launch, but it was going to be available as a free DLC later.

Then, for better part of a year, they don't talk about it and dodge any/all questions about it. Then all the employees that talked about this content are gone and the players are still left without a word.

Wouldn't you(general term,) want to find out the answer? Even if it was no?

As a customer, I feel deceived by EA/BW. That's why I'm taking the route I have.

Please, join us in writing to GLAAD and other sites. Let's try to get some answers!

I am prepared for it to possibly be a "No," so long as they publicity come and tell us such.

Edit: Pretty much Nozy. Why would some of the questions in the FAQ be allowed to exist otherwise? Or my Disney FAQ answer back about 70 pages?

Edited by natashina

Hmm, maybe Massively as well?

Massively's actually probably a pretty good call. Specifically, I'd email Larry Everett. Or Tweet him @Shaddoe. He writes a SWTOR dedicated column every week, and cohosts an Old Republic show on Gamebreaker. I think that coverage would be a really good thing for us, and from what I know about Mr. Everett, I think he'd be sympathetic to our cause. He's a heavy RP'er, so just toss something in there about how the persistent lack of SGR's is preventing the LGBT community from RP'ing the way they want to.

I think Larry and the folks at Gamebreaker, like Gary Gannon, would definitely cover this. And having them discussing the treatment of this content live on The Old Republic show would be good. They're known for asking... uncomfortable questions, to say the least.

That's why I'd like to know and why I'm finally emailing news sites.

This whole thing really makes zero sense to me. More than angry at this point, I'm confused.

The deleted Tweets and "he said/she said" type behavior from EA/BW is childish at best.

I'm not going to sit on my hands politely waiting for next spring or whenever they decide to talk about Makeb.

Heya Fabiyun, didn't you say that Stonewall UK might be interested in this?

No, Stonewall said they can't do anything. :S

I don't understand why my post has disappeared, I don't see how it is offensive. Nor yours that I replied to.

For a LOL tho http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/176648_219434641521581_841394075_o.jpg

I find EA/BW behaviour not just childish, it's plain weird. Sure they generally seem to not know what is up with their own game, but burying and deleting videos, posts, tweets this way and not responding to any questions at all is just beyond even what they do elsewhere.

I am prepared for it to possibly be a "No," so long as they publicity come and tell us such.

I don't think EA would ever come out and say "No" even if internally that is the answer. They would have nothing to gain from that.

1) They want to keep as many subs as possible. If telling people "no new information" or referring people to year old statements about inclusion at some indefinite point in time keeps people sub'ing why would they ever say differently?

2) That would indeed then give ground for criticisms of discrimination not just from us but from the various outlets we are trying to contact. As long as they can say "still working on it" even if they aren't they can at least claim to still maintain some intention of inclusion.

At best the most we'll ever hear again about this is "blah blah blah still working on it, time and money, writer lead time, no new information, wait for further updates blah blah blah". If that keeps them a few subscribers hanging around with no effort on their part all the better, once it reaches a point where it doesn't, problem still solved for BW.

Massively's actually probably a pretty good call. Specifically, I'd email Larry Everett. Or Tweet him @Shaddoe. He writes a SWTOR dedicated column every week, and cohosts an Old Republic show on Gamebreaker. I think that coverage would be a really good thing for us, and from what I know about Mr. Everett, I think he'd be sympathetic to our cause. He's a heavy RP'er, so just toss something in there about how the persistent lack of SGR's is preventing the LGBT community from RP'ing the way they want to.

I think Larry and the folks at Gamebreaker, like Gary Gannon, would definitely cover this. And having them discussing the treatment of this content live on The Old Republic show would be good. They're known for asking... uncomfortable questions, to say the least.

I've also considered writing gamebreaker. I watch that vlog. It's hilarious, and the guys are such care bears. :)