So I hear a nerf for BH has been announced

-Eternal-

Thereis no infomation other than that there is a 'nerf' inc to the 'bounty hunter' class. This leads me to believe it will change the heat resource system to match the ammo system of Troops, which will means a 7% loss of resource to balance BH with Trooper. There might also be a 'nerf' to DFA to make it more consistent with Mortar Volley.

There will be changes to all class trees, so it sounds like they are heavility tweaking all classes talent trees, and therefore ALL classes playstyles within their subsequent trees.

Well, that is much better than addressing the problem of only being able to effectively use 40-60% of your resource due to diminishing returns on regeneration, while Inquisitors and Counselors regenerate 100% of their force pool at a steady rate.

Also a classy move rubbing our noses in a "nerf" that only affects one base class without telling us anything about it. Is Bioware trying to lose subscribers?

people dont quit because they announce that there will be base nerfs. if they do good riddence that is a moronic reason to quit.

as for the whole inquisitor/consular steady regen rate their regen rate is about the same as a trooper/bh when we are mid range. if we keep ourselves to moderate levels we have far better energy use.

as for the nerfs i will bet money that there will be a nerf to tracer/grav spam since there are so many children that qq about it.

well, at least pyro doesnt have any long animations that fill up the entire screen and produce horrible sounds, so all those qq children won't know whats hitting them next. and without a combat log they really will stay clueless :)

A gaming news site(forget which one) alluded to a nerf to BH in their article about 1.2. BioWare's response was that all classes are going receive "adjustments" in 1.2 some up, some down in different areas and to wait and see the patch notes so we can see the big picture. So really no one knows what the nerfs or buffs are for any classes yet.. got to wait till 1.2 hits the PTS... Edited by Xneco

If it really is just evening things between BH/Trooper that would be hardly noticeable and not a big deal. Wish they would give Troopers a 7% increase in their ammo regen, but we really do not know for sure that it what is coming. The problem I have is someone in an interview announcing an upcoming nerf to a single base class like it is something we should be excited for. It creates animosity and wild speculation and will drive people away.

While there may be also changes to AC specific abilities like Tracer/Grav it does not fit in with the quote of a "Bounty Hunter nerf" as it would be a Mercenary/Commando nerf and specifically a single ability mid-way in a tree.