Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
03.02.2017 , 11:43 PM | #8911
Quote: Originally Posted by _Shaddai_ View Post
Why would you not use defensives? Now, you're just the one spouting stupid nonsense. Also kiting =/= LoS and would easily accomplish this in tactical.
He's just trying to move goal posts.

Though would Battle Readiness / Overcharge Saber be allowed? After all, players writing guides to Dulfy's site classify it as offensive cooldown.

bgstranger
03.03.2017 , 07:34 AM | #8912
Whatever, man. Who am I to argue with tactical master after all.

eriksarcasm
03.03.2017 , 01:50 PM | #8913
Apologies, I was trying to keep my last post brief and failed to mention a few things.

A little clarification on my last post since it triggered debates:

We weren't on a boss fight. I was asking which way to go (shortcut or long way) and got the response "follow the tank." We were 4 DPS so being my sarcastic self I said "we have a tank?" The prior exchange followed.

As an aside, I've found that I pull enough aggro on my own without using taunts. And I usually have to take a moment to remind group members that the kolto's don't hurt and not to fear them. I've seen several arguments and tantrums about failure to click kolto's and as a result I've gotten much better about that myself. More on this in the next post...
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

eriksarcasm
03.03.2017 , 01:54 PM | #8914
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I can understand your frustration of koltos not getting clicked but, sorry, expecting DPS to off heal is just wrong (even if they can do it). When I'm DPSing, I'll off heal if it's necessary and if, BIG IF here, I actually notice I have to heal someone else.

And, logging into another character just to send a whisper to someone who put you on ignore? That's just douchey.
You can and will get flamed for off-healing in a trinity situation. In Operations groups, anything that diminishes your DPs output is a negative and a big ol' no-no. But as some others have pointed out, tactics vary from Master to Veteran modes.

Second paragraph, yeah. Best not to take the time to reply to a bully especially after they've moved on.
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

Halinalle
03.04.2017 , 01:22 AM | #8915
Trench Runner story

I mentioned that I haven't done it before at the beginning. Gunslinger, Sage and Guardian.
One still on the way to gear up, two at around 110k-111k. Guardian at 121k hp.

Guardian runs ahead and pulls before anyone else gets there and dies many times because of this. We get through uprising though and that's the most important thing. We get to last phase in last boss fight and I die soon after. They kill the boss. I wait for revive and get none. I decided to risk it and go to medcenter. Luckily in this one you end up in beginning area of uprising. Good to know it doesn't throw you out like most flashpoints. I thank them for the run and I also thank them for not reviving me. Guardian responds in arrogant way: "always go to medcenter".

rantboi
03.04.2017 , 05:36 AM | #8916
in uprisings you get pulled to where the loot is and if someone is dead when that happens it bugs and you can't revive them

AllisonLightning
03.04.2017 , 11:14 AM | #8917
Quote: Originally Posted by bgstranger View Post
Btw, can everyone please stop using that tactic in tacticals and burn Braxx ASAP since he's the only one doing real damage in this fight. Hound does not enrage after his death.
Since the dogs run into Braxx and catch aggro on anything- most decent tactical runs, dogs go down fast because of focus fire and then we move onto Braxx (who doesn't hit that hard at 70)- whatever tactics based on the highest boss DPS doesn't undo the fact that leaving the dogs alone leads to chaos since they switch and can't be taunted. I had one idiot tank insist on this order and caused a wipe and then the most protracted, long fight because, quelle surprise- the hounds kept on making the fight shambles.

This fight, for a Group Finder group is easier to coordinate by burning the hounds first in Tactical/Veteran without any enrage because they'll stop latching onto rotating group members.

I've never done the HM version but I'd assume that if the correct tactic in HM is to burn the hounds first to stop them enraging, that it's better that people learn that as a rule in tactical then do HM with that in mind.

I had such a cringe filled run of False Emperor on my level 70 Operative Healer. So mid run pops and they've clearly had a quit at HK-47. A Powertech tank at 40/41, an DPS Assassin in the low 30s and a Sorc Healer at about level 26. So low DPS all round and empty slots as far as relics and implants all round which means they were all losing bigger chunks of their health. The fight was painfully slow, was forced to use a combat revive while I kept drawing aggro for healing and we nearly wiped at the end... the sad thing was, when I just had to keep me up and do my meager damage when HK was down to his eighth of health, between a kolto station run- it wasn't as painful.

They went into every trash mob and I cringed at the point where I had guard thrown on me and told that I needed to be careful because this would reflect damage on them... DPS Assassin threw guard on the Sorc heals (there was subsequent melting), who joined me in DPSing two golds that they picked a fight with in their quest for the bonus boss and we were sadly doing more damage (Me, it makes sense, higher level gear but that didn't explain Sorc heals with missing slots herself). I put my foot down on that idea. I'm all for levelling but bonus bosses are for people who put gear in all their slots.

Malgus was protracted but they knew how to use interrupts... I just wish I'd needed to face my destiny all the time because me, I'm yawning through Malgus where as I needed to load up my HoTs on each person and hope they stayed alive and made worse by the group in question. It got irking enough I contributed to burning Malgus down at the end while keeping the healing up so they didn't die.

The sorc healer, missing slots aside, wasn't nearly as bad as the rest of the group although I think they lagged out a bit during the last fight, otherwise they were just standing still for a minute for no reason.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

bgstranger
03.04.2017 , 11:32 AM | #8918
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonLightning View Post
snip
Why on earth i have to receive his banging on my head for so long? If you got a wipe, it's because of Braxx. Anyone who claims that his damage is insignificant even on 70 toon, clearly (for me) isn't paying attention. You can totally ignore the hounds and their damage.

Just test it next time when you pop there.

AmbrosineN
03.04.2017 , 06:27 PM | #8919
Commando showed up in GF once asking everyone to call him 'cockk', then proceeded to make endless dick jokes throughout the entire FP like 'this is gonna blow big' before a boss
Click My Referral Link for free swtor gifts and perks
Rewards and Rules for using Referral Codes
Check me out on Deviant Art

AllisonLightning
03.04.2017 , 08:13 PM | #8920
Quote: Originally Posted by bgstranger View Post
Why on earth i have to receive his banging on my head for so long? If you got a wipe, it's because of Braxx. Anyone who claims that his damage is insignificant even on 70 toon, clearly (for me) isn't paying attention. You can totally ignore the hounds and their damage.

Just test it next time when you pop there.
Even the tank shouldn't be standing in that red circle, that attack (Cleave from what I get from the guides) is what does the main damage and yes, if you continually stand in the thing while you're tanking, you will take significant damage.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.