Just Do What WoW Did

MaverickXIV

If you're in that much of a bind with your profession system, feeling that everything has to be absolutely equal, just do what WoW did. It's honestly the simplest solution (mostly just item database changes):

Armormech

Move Armoring item modifications to Armormech

Awesome Reflex Armoring

Binds when picked up

Unique

+ 78 Aim

+ 49 Endurance

Net Gain: +10 Aim, +10 Endurance

Cybertech

Awesome Deflecting Mod A

Bins when picked up

Unique

+ 78 Aim

+ 51 Endurance

+ 12 Absorption Rating

Armstech

Awesome Commando Barrel

Binds when picked up

Unique

+ 67 Aim

+ 71 Endurance

Synthweaving

Move Enhancement item modifications to Synthweaving

Awesome Bastion Enhancement

Binds when picked up

Unique

+ 55 Endurance

+ 10 Aim

+ 57 Glance Rating

+ 23 Defense Rating

Biochem

Awesome Fortitude Stim

Binds when picked up

Use: Increases Endurance by 138, Aim by 10, and Defense by 52 for 120 minutes. Only one stimpack can be active at a time. This effect persists through defeat.

Artifice

Awesome Guardian Hilt

Binds when picked up

Unique

+ 67 Strength

+ 71 Endurance

Net Gain: +10 Strength (e.g. Aim), +10 Endurance

Now you're free to add quirks and fun fluff to every crew skill as you please without fear of one becoming too raid-required, which you should totally do.

No. Just no.

The whole point of crafting is to make useful stuff not just for yourself, but for others. I don't want a dozen things that only I can use, I want to make things I can pass on to my alts, my guildies, my friends, particularly helpful people I meet in Heroics or Flashpoints, or sell to support my crafting habit.

Instead of trying to make all the craft skills support for solo play, make them useful to everyone.

No. Just no.

The whole point of crafting is to make useful stuff not just for yourself, but for others. I don't want a dozen things that only I can use, I want to make things I can pass on to my alts, my guildies, my friends, particularly helpful people I meet in Heroics or Flashpoints, or sell to support my crafting habit.

Instead of trying to make all the craft skills support for solo play, make them useful to everyone.

The point of doing something like this is making it useful to actually level a crew skill. If you have one character that has lots of money, then you can just buy everything that you need. But if there's certain things you want that require a certain crew skill, then you HAVE to level a crew skill to get it. It's just a way of making sure that you can't just buy everything you want.

No. Just no.

The point is that if crafted items are better than or equal to raid items, then everyone would just get their stuff through crating. If raid items are better than crafted items, then crafting is pointless.

This way both win, because you'll need crafting to supplement your other equipment.

Are you crazy! Blizzard nerfed every production profession in wow, to the point that it was bland beyond bland, hell blacksmith lost half of its recipes. The result was extremely boring professions. Not to mention you could no longer make anything that looked good, or was up to par stat wise with pvp gear, or instance gear. No that does not mean i am wow hater, i just hated what they did with the professions.

Are you crazy! Blizzard nerfed every production profession in wow, to the point that it was bland beyond bland, hell blacksmith lost half of its recipes. The result was extremely boring professions. Not to mention you could no longer make anything that looked good, or was up to par stat wise with pvp gear, or instance gear. No that does not mean i am wow hater, i just hated what they did with the professions.
Which is not at all what I proposed here? Cool beans.

except that by doing this you are forcing people who want to have the best gear into a crafting profession.

if you want to make crafting useful they really should do the following

1: Allow the crafting professions to make gear right off the bat that is equal to the commendation vendor/regular lvl 50 flaspoints

2: Allow crafting professions to make "some" gear equal to hard/nightmare flashpoints by obtaining a specific crafting material from hard/nightmare flashpoints

3: Allow crafting professions to make "some" gear equal to operations (various teirs) by obtaining a specific crafting material from operations

by only allowing some items to be crafted, you still need to complete flashpoints/operation to fully 'gear up'.

also being able to craft entry level PvP gear would help make them useful as well.

Rather than making all the crafts with the same results, I would rather have crafts that make things for different classes, none of this boa crap either. Wow might have done many things to make playing a mmo easier; however, they ruined the crafting mentality in mmos. Crafting should not be balanced, you pick what crafting you would enjoy doing and that would benefit you and your friends. Crafts that make consumables are a slow but steady income while crafts that make gear make less frequent sales but sale for a higher price, like a dot verse spike damage.

That way people would not do the fotm until the next nerf. People with different jobs would not all flock to one craft. A balanced crafting system is a failed crafting system.

except that by doing this you are forcing people who want to have the best gear into a crafting profession.

if you want to make crafting useful they really should do the following

1: Allow the crafting professions to make gear right off the bat that is equal to the commendation vendor/regular lvl 50 flaspoints

2: Allow crafting professions to make "some" gear equal to hard/nightmare flashpoints by obtaining a specific crafting material from hard/nightmare flashpoints

3: Allow crafting professions to make "some" gear equal to operations (various teirs) by obtaining a specific crafting material from operations

by only allowing some items to be crafted, you still need to complete flashpoints/operation to fully 'gear up'.

also being able to craft entry level PvP gear would help make them useful as well.

This sounds pretty close to what things should be like. ^

This is by far the best thread on the forums of all the ones featuring 'WoW' in the topic!

At the moment crafting is imbalanced due to biochem.

1.1 will make every crew skill equally useless.

The suggestions here would make every crew skill equally useful.

I do not like all the 'devs here, devs there, Y U so [random insult]' - but regarding the crew skills, I seriously cannot imagine the reasoning behind them. There is no point to them anymore, when changes go live.

Edited by wtfnonamefree