Nightmare ops 5% drop rate ??

''Nightmare Operations now drop 224 Rating items:

Each boss has a 5% chance to drop a 224 token''

Not sure if there's another thread..couldn't see one.

I'm struggling for words with this one.

Need to check the facts I think.

We can still farm the golden weekly hard mode and get 100% 224 drop from every boss.

But if we do any nightmare mode operation we only get a 5% drop chance of 224 up until last boss which has 100% drop.

So.......just can't see when it would be a better choice too pick the nightmare ops over the weekly golden hard mode if your looking to gear up.

Maybe I'm missing something...help me here please.

Hey folks,

Recently, we announced that starting in Game Update 4.1, only the final boss in each Nightmare Operation would have a 100% chance to drop 224 gear. The dev team has been very actively following all of the feedback that you in the community have been posting regarding this change. With that in mind, they are making one additional change… Starting in Game Update 4.2 all bosses in Nightmare Operations will drop 224 rating gear.

We saw a lot of feedback over the past few weeks where many of you felt strongly that Nightmare should be a guaranteed source for the best gear, even if that means the priority HM was equivalent. The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.

Again, just to remind you of the current timeline for these changes:

• Game Update 4.1 (Chapter X) – The final boss of each NiM Operation is guaranteed to drop 224. All other NiM bosses have a chance for 224.
  • Game Update 4.2 (Chapter XI) – All bosses in each NiM Operations are guaranteed to drop 224.

The only reason we are not making all changes for 4.1 is the development time required to implement and test these changes. We want to make sure we get these changes implemented and working properly, and unfortunately we cannot complete all of this in time for 4.1.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback.

-eric

This might help the situation

The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly.

Am I the only one who feels fooled when he reads this? Based on the fact that EV and KP drops 224.

Edited by Tintfax

The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly.

Am I the only one who feels fooled when he reads this? Based on the fact that EV and KP drops 224.

Yeah, they're either stupid or bull********. Take your pick.

If you're like me and have played all but the newest story content, you play solely to gear up. They were hoping to drag out this process it seems to me, longer sub times for all of us who come back at every major release and leave again only to re-gear, ha-ha. Not that I'd blame them.

Sadly whats the point in doing NiM content still though regardless if it drops 224. Should up the gear to 228 or something to make NiM for those who are worthy of challenge and obtain the gear as it stands any retard can be max gear/stat and be in full 224's augmented as I've seen guys in full 220 not knowing how to play their class sadly. Still better at the moment to just do the highlighted ez mode op like usual. I don't know what I came back to after having to take a hiatus when DP/DF HM was the latest tier of raiding and gear but it seems like the skill in this game has fallen to an absolute rock bottom mixed with all the decent players both PvE and PvP having quit because Bioware decided to do story mode rpg. It's cute that they are doing that but this is an MMO and there needs to be new raid content every 6-8 months along side new PvP arenas that aren't crap like quesh huttball, as well as seasons happening when they should have. The game is stale at this stage but it's not unfixable if they throw some new raids out twoards the end of said story mode time... but as it sits 30 minutes of story time after waiting months is not acceptable however, feels like the games on life support mode and it's only surviving now because of the Episode 7 hype along with the always true "Star Wars" fans. Edited by Lil_Fusion