Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

Damask_Rose
09.02.2019 , 12:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AaronJamesD View Post
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I enjoy everything they have implemented and hope they keep it a slow grind to gear.
There will always be some people who like things others don't. Nothing will ever appeal to everyone. The trick for the developers is finding what works best for the most players so they can retain subs and perhaps even gain more.

BlueSorcerer
09.02.2019 , 12:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
There will always be some people who like things others don't. Nothing will ever appeal to everyone. The trick for the developers is finding what works best for the most players so they can retain subs and perhaps even gain more.
It's not fun to me when you can gear yourself in 1 day or even 1 week. There is no point in the end-game if that's how fast you're expecting it.
Star Warsô The Old Republicô Digital Deluxe Edition (DDE)
"My hate know's no bounds."

Damask_Rose
09.02.2019 , 12:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueSorcerer View Post
It's not fun to me when you can gear yourself in 1 day or even 1 week. There is no point in the end-game if that's how fast you're expecting it.
Hey, I feel your pain. I prefer it when it takes months, if not years to reach max level. But sadly, those good old days are long past except for niche little indie games.

Rolodome
09.02.2019 , 12:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíve unsubbed, so I canít. Iím only still on the forums till my cookie access runs out. But if I could, I think it would depress me too.

Bioware continue to shoot off their proverbial foot and then shoot off their arms and legs to see if that helps.
https://imgur.com/gallery/83UDR
http://championsandheroes.smackjeeve...ety-violation/
Those pics you linked are a nice frustration release about it. Especially the first one.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I enjoy everything they have implemented and hope they keep it a slow grind to gear.
Dude, all you're doing is confirming it's a problem. "Slow grind to gear" is pretty much the opposite of what people have been asking for since the 5.0 debacle.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Tsillah
09.02.2019 , 01:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueSorcerer View Post
I agree. I will say that I fully expect to have to get used to change of having to put in effort for things again but at the same time it's something I've been missing and it will make the game more interesting for me.

They have to get the balance right of course, but in the end I do think that things have become way too easy. I still can't get over the fact that Ossus dailies give better gear than HM and NIM Ops.

Personally I just got back a couple of months ago, against expectations, but it baffles me to see what this superfluous gear has done to the community. A few days ago my new Trooper was kicked from an SM GF Ops run because my gear was too low. I was wearing a full set of 230 gear with set bonuses and optimized appropriately (110% accuracy and all).

I've seen discussions going on how you will need to have 258 gear with 240 augments to handle the new content going into 6.0 and how you need that gear to do NiM ops for example which were balanced around 236/242 gear in 5.0. Even Ossus itself can be done with 230 gear and I laugh at the people who think the green 232 gear that you get for free is better than the purple 230 raid gear.

I think 5.0 has seriously dumbed down players and these SM warriors now think they know something or I don't know what's going on. There is a chance 6.0 will be a rude awakening for some players but I really hope BW do balance it out right between effort and reward and that people give it a chance because too easy is just boring and it's one of the main reasons I think people get bored.

Now BW might still get it wrong but I'm definitely willing to give 6.0 a fair shot because I'm hopeful that it will improve the game a lot. It may require people to swallow hard at first and see that they actually have to put in some effort but once you're through that people might be surprised.

Games used to reward effort and skill. I really preferred the difficulty of the story missions in vanilla. God I hated some of the story bosses cause I had to try over and over again but I managed and then it felt awesome. That's the part I miss the most in SWTOR. The feeling of accomplishment. And no, that doesn't come from RNG lootboxes.

But I have the feeling I don't need to tell you that
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

IoNonSoEVero
09.02.2019 , 01:42 AM | #16
I don't mind a slow grind but the fact that it's all RNG really doesn't thrill me in the least. From the reports on the PTS players are grinding content only to get pieces that are completely useless, and even the vendors are a complete gamble. It's one thing to give players a slow route to gear and another to have them take that slow route and then throw all their efforts away by having them buy gear they can't even use.

DeannaVoyager
09.02.2019 , 02:08 AM | #17
I could also live with the grind, but combined with RNG it's unbearable. If I play the same amount of the same content than a friend does, one of us gets the item they need, and one doesn't, how is that fair? If I'm the one that didn't get the item, it doesn't make me play more, it makes me play less, as there is no guarantee I'm ever gonna get the item I need. If I play less swtor, I will play more something else. If the other game gives me what I want, and swtor doesn't, I will have no reason to continue playing swtor.

Give me a reason to continue playing this game instad of taking it away.

TonyTricicolo
09.02.2019 , 04:58 AM | #18
The ability to customize my character is great. The RNG and the cost to change to what I want is not!
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

JattaGin
09.02.2019 , 07:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
If they really go through with it, I think it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game. It's sad.
If what we have on the PTS right now goes live... well, this is one big mess (to me). It's so little enjoyable that I logged off from the PTS on my only free gaming afternoon this week. 6.0 on the PTS as it is right now makes me not want to play this game anymore. I know it's not finished, but given how little time is left I highly doubt that things will change a lot. And they would have to change a lot to appeal to me.

That's correct and fine. But if you follow the PTS threads, you will find out that the contra faction very heavily outweighs the pro faction. This is a feedback BW should really take serious.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Phazonfreak
09.02.2019 , 10:04 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíve started playing WoW classic and even though itís grindy in some parts and makes you work for stuff, the systems are not complicated and the game play is enjoyable. Itís why every server theyve so far released is full and why people are queuing to get into the game (some for 8 hours with 9000 people ahead of them in the queue , depending on time and region.
Trixxie, your WoW Classic plugging due to your disappointment in SWTOR and how the devs dealt with very specific issues you encountered is becoming a little tiresome to be honest.

I understand why you are disappointed in SWTOR and decided to cancel your subscription, but you seem to go out of your way now to devalue everything SWTOR by promoting the massiveness of WoW Classic. Let's be real here, the allure of WoW Classic is not because of superior game design via simplicity or making you work for stuff and most certainly not because it is less grindy or offers more content compared to SWTOR - to the contrary - but because it is walking down memory lane with an MMO that shaped an entire generation of gamers when it comes to online gaming.

Blizzard in its confused state of being part of a big stock corporation tries to monetize nostalgia and invested heavily in a massive promotion campaign through very popular streamers in order to keep their subscriber base that is disappointed/burned out with the latest WoW iteration. There is absolutely no wonder why you only need to be subscribed to the current WoW to automatically get access to WoW Classic and I really don't see any valuable insight the devs could get in their approach to SWTOR by looking at WoW Classic and its customer base.