Least Favorite Companion?

gofortheko

I kind of feel like I got the short end of the stick on the Consular. Zenith and Iresso aren't even characters, they're just sticks that stand around on my ship. Not once during their lead up stories did I think, "Oh, this guy's cool, I'd love to have him come aboard and help me on my journey." Not. Once. I thought they were rather forgettable, to be honest, and then, out of the blue, they are suddenly a crew mate. Oh, I got that they were "supposed" to be cool, especially Zenith. But the idea was sort of just shoved down my throat, it felt forced and contrived. You can't just call a character cool, and suddenly they're cool. It doesn't work like that.

Their characters are underdeveloped during the lead up stage to you acquiring them as a companion. If I asked you to describe Zenith, based on what you knew about him BEFORE you progressed his companion story through affection, what would you say? "He's a freedom fighter." Uh, huh, and? "Um... he's a passionate freedom fighter?" Same with Iresso. "Lt. Iresso a commander in the Republic army." That's it. Is that really enough for me to develop a bond with these characters? I don't believe it is.

And then there's Nadia. The fact I receive the only potential love interest for a male Consular at level 42 (-ish, I couldn't solo the boss before then) is unforgivable. Her entire story, and romance, feels rushed. You gain so many affection points with her per conversation that you're constantly running back to your ship to advance her plot, and it just doesn't feel like a natural progression. She easily could have been added as a companion in the level 34-35 range, and I could have skipped Zenith altogether (or Iresso, or both, take your pick.)

Instead of Zenith or Iresso, I could have picked up a rejected Voss Mystic (who I could then train in the Jedi arts, perhaps? Sounds interesting to me) or perhaps converted one of the Children of the Emperor to my cause and added them to my list of companions (I'm no stranger to unconventional companions, after all.) I could have left Tython or Coruscant with a Padawan, there were several I met on my travels that actually had personalities. Or I could have taken Master Tykan's Padawan, Aris, from Taris. He was in no state to continue training her, and she had a motivation to come along (seek out those who wronged her master.) Lots of options, but instead I get saddled these two bland soldier/fighters.

-Macheath.

Agree and with your suggestions. Although I kind of like the Iresso idea, every jedi should have his trooper :). Also Nadia for me does not make it too much and she comes way too late. She could be replaced from your suggestions. Tharan is ok but not as cool as knight's doc (especially if you play a female knight), everytime i hear him shouting "kolto incoming" i just can't help but laugh. Zenith who? :p

Edited by MusicRider

• 7 months later...

Why all the hate for Qyzen? If you read his dialogue, you see that he is actually an insightful individual and the only good trandoshan that is visible in star wars. He just as a different view of morality.

I don't really hate any of my companions. I don't love all of them, but I don't hate them.

Kaliyo.

She's essentially the kind of person you'd fine in a Biker Gang. My sister's a cop and so everytime I see Kaliyo I think of how she'd probably murder my sister and me for ***** and giggles if she got the chance.

Hahaha Kaliyo might be my favorite companion. I loved her story. Love her attitude too.

Why all the hate for Qyzen? If you read his dialogue, you see that he is actually an insightful individual and the only good trandoshan that is visible in star wars. He just as a different view of morality.

I don't really hate any of my companions. I don't love all of them, but I don't hate them.

Because the "noble savage" character archetype is silly and overdone in fiction.

Edited by Caelrie

For me, it's been Doc. He is more cocky than even the Smuggler character, which is meant to be the cockiest. I don't know why, but I feel okay if I'm playing a somewhat cocky character, but Doc is a smug little jerk who I would love to see denied a medal..... Edited by fushidhsdajgsdgh
Accidentally posted a single line before I was finished

Broonmark....It's most boring and irritating pile of polygons I have ever seen. Everything about him sucks: his appearance, his "character", his story. And the way IT talks....like someone talk inside bucket of water.

For crying out loud, why Vette get shock collar and not this walking carpet.

Theran Cedrax, the inquisitor healer companion (whatever his name is), Doc, pretty much any male healer companion. I think it must have been intentional to give them lousy personalities in order to try and reduce the amount of people that use them. All of the female healer companions that I have experienced have been awesome (elara and mako).

Theran Cedrax, the inquisitor healer companion (whatever his name is), Doc, pretty much any male healer companion. I think it must have been intentional to give them lousy personalities in order to try and reduce the amount of people that use them. All of the female healer companions that I have experienced have been awesome (elara and mako).

To be honest. Gus, the Smugglers healers companion, is awesome :) A failed Jedi who heals you with Jedi Powah!! :D

Broonmark so far.

Yeah for me too! All the other Sith Warrior companions had good stories.

All I did was get him he's Electric Blade from Lights Out Heroic on Belsavis and the cosmetic outfit Broonmark Customization 5 from security vendor.

And I got his affection maxed and use him for crew skill runs. I don't think I would ever kill him off. But I just don't use him story wise.

I have all 5 companions for Smuggler, Trooper, and Jedi Knight. My Imp characters have Vette, Quinn, Khem and Andronikus. Least favorite companion, so far -- Andronikus, based on his personality, rather than his abilities.

Andronikus is cocky, although I don't know why. He hadn't done much of anything before meeting the Sith Inquisitor. I really want the option not to have him as a companion, and toss him out of an air lock.

Healer companions? Quinn is so bland, I always have to Google his name to remember which companion is Quinn. I think Dorne is off-putting, with her snapping "hold still!" at my Trooper, as though my Trooper is a two year old child who doesn't want her nose wiped. I wonder if Dorne slapping my Trooper in the back of the head with some sort of med pack when my Trooper's health is at 99% is passive-aggressive, rather than medically necessary. :D

I left Dorne on Taris, and did missions on the next planet (Nar Shaddaa?) before I finally went back to Taris and accepted her as a companion. I only did it then because I needed another companion to run crew skill missions.

I like Doc. He's my favorite companion, so far. I think he's funny, and lightens things up when running the Jedi Knight missions. Sometimes, I'll start laughing out loud in the midst of a fight because of Doc's comments. While on one mission, the baddie said something about my Jedi Knight being alone, and Doc said something along the line of, "I'm standing right here. Can't he see me?" or some such. Gave me the giggles.

I don't see why everyone hates on Skadge so much.... He is my Mercs best friend. I got max affection with him after two planets. I really enjoy his voice acting, and his one liners are some of the best in the game (imo). He also insulted Mako, which was a huge plus. I also like running with him, I feel more safe with a tank on my Merc compared to a healer or another dps companion.