Light vs. Dark Event and GSF

Thanks for digging up that excellent advice. You took the time to read my stuff. Hope you got a good education.

You proved my point. PVP a system called expertise and bloster along with a leveling que to get those comm's you need to purchase 204 gear. Thus if you are a non-pvper and want to play you can easily enter a match on a level playing field. The other has a system that has a 100 match system to have a single geared ship against a pilot who has all the upgrades and no bolster mechanic to even attempt to make a match balanced. Hence apple != Orange.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way SRW is some of the worst farmers in GSF.

I'm sorry bioware abandoned GSF. They did and the experience of gearing ships is awful. The matching is terrible and the system rewards people like SRW who use lag generates to avoid gunships.

SRW will triple cap and will farm spawns. I don't mind playing you when I can hold a turret with a team and killing you trying to farm kills in gsf. However, when you see my alts and the thing is stocked full of ungeared newb ships just know I'm suiciding or hiding off map or in the map in an unkillable area till it ends.

You'll get your win. I'll get my que lose and we can do it again.

However, my main whose got 4 geared ships doesn't get any of that to carry over to my alts. So I get to use garbage ships against you when I queue, while you have your GSF only alts tagged with SRW in the player name so as to avoid your guild from farming each other.

However, we should take SRW's advice on how to construct GSF.

Like I said. Its shooter flight sim at this point. Covert it over. That means everyone is in the same ships. Pick your configuration and fly. Leveling in GSF is retarded.

By the way it takes all of 7 pvp matches with the weekly and daily to get 204 gear. How many GSF matches does it take to get 1 ship in the equal status?

When you answer that question you'll find out why GSF is so empty.

I will point out that since I joined SRW I have never seen them farm players. In fact I have seen nothing but the opposite: IIRC they're still doing their "Shadowlands Balancing Act" which has made it one of the better servers for GSF right now, even for newer players.

~ Eudoxia

The matching is terrible and the system rewards people like SRW who use lag generates to avoid gunships.

That's actually a stat called "evasion". It's the opposite of the accuracy stat.

However, we should take SRW's advice on how to construct GSF.

Whoever said we wanted to construct GSF? I just like flying and killing stuff. And yes, I will 3 cap if the other team cannot put up a strong enough resistance to stop me. It makes the game end faster.

Like I said. Its shooter flight sim at this point. Covert it over. That means everyone is in the same ships. Pick your configuration and fly. Leveling in GSF is retarded.

Sounds good to me. It's a much better, strategic, and fast paced game when everyone is mastered.

I have 12 Siraka-srw and 12 Siraka-srw'i with decent enough upgrades to be highly competitive, even when solo queuing (which I do a lot, contrary what some think). I've played about 10,000 games. Yes, it takes a long time. But honestly my skills in the game are still improving a bit. So even if your ships are at the ceiling, there's still a long way to go.

Edited by RickDagles

By the way it takes all of 7 pvp matches with the weekly and daily to get 204 gear. How many GSF matches does it take to get 1 ship in the equal status?

If I'm in a group, I can easily be competitive with 7 GSF matches and the weekly. Assuming you lose all 7 games, if you do the daily every day and get the 2x bonus on your ship, that's roughly:

4x - 1400 for 2x bonus = 5600

3x - 700 for the normal 1x games = 2100

3x - 938 daily = 2814

1x - 3125 weekly

That totals 13,639 requisition or more realistically 15,277 if you do 1 extra game and get the 4th daily. You'll also have enough fleet requisition at this point to get a crew member.

So what can you do with 13,639 requisition?

T1 Bomber Rampart/Razorwire:

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAADAwYDBQAAAACAAgABgACAAAACAAHgAgA=

1500 beacon

2500 charged plating to level 1

6000 full deflection armor

1000 seismic mine to level 1

1000 concussion mine to level 1

(1250) fleet to get structural support defense crewman

So with only 12,000 ship req and 1250 fleet req you already have a nearly full meta charged plating Razorwire/Rampart that can DOMINATE as part of a TEAM. Really the only important upgrade missing here is armor penetration on heavy laser cannons, but you are at probably 80% strength compared to a mastered version. This is the best domination support ship. Get a team and go win.

T2 Bomber Legion/Warcarrier

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAAAAwYDAwABAAKAAAAAgAEAAgACAAEAAQA=

2000 seeker mines to level 1

3000 railgun drone to level 1

With only 5000 requistion you already have the best TDM support ship. You've still got 10,000 requisition to play with to your heart's content. You will eventually want level 4 seeker mines for the extra speed upgrade, but this ship is about 80% strength compared to the mastered ship. Get a team and go win.

T1 Gunship Mangler/Quarrel:

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAAIAgYDBBEAAAHgAgABwAAAAQACAAAAAcA=

3500 barrel roll to level 2

2500 regeneration extender 2

8500 slug railgun to level 3

13,500 requisition and you can be a sniper for your team, with the ability to kill turrets for your teammate T1 Bomber Rampart/Razowire (since he won't have the upgrade for heavy laser cannon armor pen yet). Again, get a team.

You can even req this up at the same time as a T1 Bomber Rampart/Razorwire since you can use your 5000 fleet req intro mission to buy both of these 2500 ships.

T1 Novadive/Blackbolt

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAEMAAECBQsBAACAAsABgAIAAAAAwAIAAAA=

1000 rocket pod to level 1

3500 barrel roll to level 2

3000 target telemetry to level 1

2000 regular lasers to level 0

1500 distortion field to level 0

2500 lighweight armor to level 2

13,500 requisition for a ship with crazy high DPS and 31% evasion. Scouts take a bit longer to hit their gear ceiling, but this ship is still about 60% as strong as mastered. If you are part of a team, this will do a terrific job at hunting gunships to take pressure off your team, especially your T1 Bomber Rampart/Razorwire (domination).

If you had a team of 4 mastered ships against my team with 4 of these "weak 1 weekly" ships, I am very confident we would still win.

Edited by RickDagles

Thanks for digging up that excellent advice. You took the time to read my stuff. Hope you got a good education.

You proved my point. PVP a system called expertise and bloster along with a leveling que to get those comm's you need to purchase 204 gear. Thus if you are a non-pvper and want to play you can easily enter a match on a level playing field. The other has a system that has a 100 match system to have a single geared ship against a pilot who has all the upgrades and no bolster mechanic to even attempt to make a match balanced. Hence apple != Orange.

Just want to point out:

Stock ships compared to fully upgraded ships is roughly the same relation as a fresh maxlevel player with bolster compoared to a PvP character with fully optimzied gear.

From my personal experience, doing ground PvP on a new character feels worse than starting a new GSF toon. In GSF I can have some influence on the outcome of a match with a low-upgrade ship.

Edited by Danalon

By the way SRW is some of the worst farmers in GSF.

I'm sorry bioware abandoned GSF. They did and the experience of gearing ships is awful. The matching is terrible and the system rewards people like SRW who use lag generates to avoid gunships.

SRW will triple cap and will farm spawns. I don't mind playing you when I can hold a turret with a team and killing you trying to farm kills in gsf. However, when you see my alts and the thing is stocked full of ungeared newb ships just know I'm suiciding or hiding off map or in the map in an unkillable area till it ends.

The bolded is just pure BS, I have no clue where you even got that idea. Intentional lagging is a thing, yes, but I've never seen anyone who's any good actually do it.

SRW is absolutely not about spawn-camping and farming noobs. We want good, solid competition. We play for those 50-49/1000-998 games. That's what it's all about. As Siraka said, 3-caps sometimes happen. Giving the enemy a "pity sat" - or not - is a whole other debate, discussed in other threads...some folks think it encourages the newer folks, others consider it an insult. I can see both sides of that argument. If someone on my team wants to give up a sat, I'll go along with it. But there's some logic to speeding along a match which has a foregone conclusion.

I solo queue more often than not, on both -srw and non-srw tagged alts. I roll new toons all the time, and have started from scratch more times than I can count (including two just this week for the DvL nonsense). Call me a masochist, but I like flying non-mastered ships. It's more of a challenge, and I can contribute even on those new stock alts. Sure, if I'm grouped with a bunch of new players against a wall of 5-shippers, I know the match isn't going to end well for me. But my mindset is, basically: whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Surviving those impossible matches makes me better.

Intentional suiciding is lame. But if you want to go hide under a rock until the game ends, so be it. I, however, will not go down without a fight.

The bolded is just pure BS, I have no clue where you even got that idea. Intentional lagging is a thing, yes, but I've never seen anyone who's any good actually do it.

SRW is absolutely not about spawn-camping and farming noobs. We want good, solid competition. We play for those 50-49/1000-998 games. That's what it's all about. As Siraka said, 3-caps sometimes happen. Giving the enemy a "pity sat" - or not - is a whole other debate, discussed in other threads...some folks think it encourages the newer folks, others consider it an insult. I can see both sides of that argument. If someone on my team wants to give up a sat, I'll go along with it. But there's some logic to speeding along a match which has a foregone conclusion.

I solo queue more often than not, on both -srw and non-srw tagged alts. I roll new toons all the time, and have started from scratch more times than I can count (including two just this week for the DvL nonsense). Call me a masochist, but I like flying non-mastered ships. It's more of a challenge, and I can contribute even on those new stock alts. Sure, if I'm grouped with a bunch of new players against a wall of 5-shippers, I know the match isn't going to end well for me. But my mindset is, basically: whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Surviving those impossible matches makes me better.

Intentional suiciding is lame. But if you want to go hide under a rock until the game ends, so be it. I, however, will not go down without a fight.

Glitchy gsf movement. I know the difference between evasion and guys lag glitching GSF.

I don't care if you triple cap sats. SRW will then proceed once triple capped to farm the spawns just out of range of the capital ship turrets as you attempt to even fight for a sat.

In Domination they will fight on your spawns. As you spawn swap they will just rush that spawn point as you switch they rush your spawn. Thus leaving suicide the only viable option.

Those numbers on comms to T1 upgrades is junk math. However, we still agree that this is nothing more than a shooter and has no MMO aspects to it. Thus the MMO components to "leveling" should be removed and let people just play with mastered ships of their own configuration.

At most after doing 1 week you get enough comms for 2 level 1 upgrades to a ship. Even spending purple requisition on upgrades. Like you know if you buy the bomber with the 5k you have no upgrade coms in week 1.

The math you provided is pure poppycock.

Glitchy gsf movement. I know the difference between evasion and guys lag glitching GSF.

What about people like me then, who just generically lag? I have freaking earthlink and on a good day I get 1.5 mb/s. My ping is usually about 900-1200ms and I get periods where it's decent at 40ms, and I only live a few hundred miles from the server which is in Virginia.

I have never lag glitched GSF, although people claim I'm doing it. My internet just sucks.

And FYI, I'm in SRW and I never spawncamp and actively discourage people from triple capping. I don't fly meta, either. 91.78% of my matches have been in the FT-7B Clarion.

So don't preach **** you don't know about.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Lol I'm done with this convo, the math is fine. L2P

Learn 2 Count.

My guild has a great guide. Its called Seasame Street. Its on this channel called PBS. They have a cool vampire who counts. After a few episodes you can go back and re-apply your new counting skills to that junk math you placed that has no reality in forming a viable ship. The only way to be semi-competitive is to grind for 100 matches to gear 1 ship to not be a space turd.

See you around with the "earthlink" guys. Apparently, you actively recruit guild members who have earthlink and netzero. Dial up? SRW is for you!

Edited by PlagaNerezza

Learn 2 Count.

My guild has a great guide. Its called Seasame Street. Its on this channel called PBS. They have a cool vampire who counts. After a few episodes you can go back and re-apply your new counting skills to that junk math you placed that has no reality in forming a viable ship. The only way to be semi-competitive is to grind for 100 matches to gear 1 ship to not be a space turd.

See you around with the "earthlink" guys. Apparently, you actively recruit guild members who have earthlink and netzero. Dial up? SRW is for you!

Which server do you play on? I'd like to roll a toon there and group up with you, if you don't mind. It could be eye opening for both of us.

Learn 2 Count.

Talk abouth math. After 100 games you can have over 135K worth of ship requisition in tokens. Adding the requisition you gain by playing, that's enough to master all the ships in your hangar, which can include all 3 top-meta ships. And that's assuming you literally lose every game.

But why even try? After 100 games you still won't have the experience some veterans have and they'd still beat you. The only difference would be that you can't blame your ships anymore.

Edited by Danalon

I've faced SRW a few times but didn't offhand notice any lag-hacking (too busy exploding, lol). The most notorious lag hacker I know of is a Harbinger Imp that's on almost every night, who makes you go "w t f" as he starts teleporting around when he starts getting shot at.

Edited by HeatRacer

I've faced SRW a few times but didn't offhand notice any lag-hacking (too busy exploding, lol). The most notorious lag hacker I know of is a Harbinger Imp that's on almost every night, who makes you go "w t f" as he starts teleporting around when he starts getting shot at.

Nope. They wouldn't be able to beat me if they weren't using lag hacks. Q.E.D.

I am being a bit sarcastic with the SRW folks only because their guild has spawn farmed on more than a few occasions matches I've been in. Clearly 100 is a bit heavy but the point isn't different. Given their ships and communications its not like they need to do it in random play. However, I don't like spawn farmers and they have a few players who do it so I don't mind given them some grief on the forums as a bit of payback for being spawn farmers.

I play primarily on Harbinger now. Mains name is in the signature. I have a few different alts that I'll play a bit of GSF on. You may have seen me recently on Valiyo as my DvL main alt. Judust is my main and he's got fully geared ships.

I am by no means "Top Gun" at GSF. I am ok at it and have no intent of taking it any further.

My position remains the same.

GSF has been developmentally abandoned. It lacks the components of an MMO that makes adding a grind component to the ships make sense no at this point. All that does is discourage participation in a mini-game that by my experience is a shooter. A shooter that puts you into games with a squirt gun against players yielding tactical weapons, tanks and bazookas.

Its not fun for either participant to play loopsided matches, except of course SRW who love farming newbs, and does nothing to make the game more enjoyable. Simply modifying the game to grant enough requisition to have some measure of a geared ship to use would be very beneficial to the GSF players who enjoy the game and might serve to pull it out of the abandoned pile.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

I am being a bit sarcastic with the SRW folks only because their guild has spawn farmed on more than a few occasions matches I've been in. Clearly 100 is a bit heavy but the point isn't different. Given their ships and communications its not like they need to do it in random play. However, I don't like spawn farmers and they have a few players who do it so I don't mind given them some grief on the forums as a bit of payback for being spawn farmers.

If you don't want someone farming on spawn, get a group together and stop them from farming on spawn. Or, y'know, stop spawning on the point where the other team is. It's really not that hard. Maybe it's not that fun for you, but if a team gets pushed back to their spawn point, it means they're going to lose. Doesn't matter if it's TDM or domination at that point. What do you want them to do, hold your hand and give you a sat so you feel better about losing? Let you have a pity kill so your score doesn't look so bad?

Edit: And no, I'm not even going to bother addressing the rest of that post. You're wrong, you've been told that you're wrong, you're being stubborn about it. Not my problem; I'll happily continue to farm people like you.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Good we agree. Just give out a fully geared ship or the equivalent coms to purchase 1 ship that is geared. That way I have a reasonable chance of not being farmed in the matches that feature clearly geared teams using voice coms and who have tons of matches played.

I am sure this is going to fall on deaf ears but what the heck. Actually you completely missed the point of my post. The point is giving you a fully equipped ship to you or anyone else without a match played would have zero impact on you getting rofl stomped. Just face the fact the every new person faces when starting GSF, you know nothing and your argument is invalid. The good news is if you give half the people on this forum a chance they would be more than willing to help you out.

Zero kills and spawn camped isn't my idea of a good way to start players in your game.

This is nobody's idea of a good time, but guess what, it does happen. I have been on the giving end and receiving end of these. Guess what you will survive, just que up for the next match. This is not a GSF exclusive concept it happens in every form of PVP in any game. If this isn't to your liking just go back to PVE.

Lets face it GSF is abandoned. Conceptually its a good idea, horribly implemented without resources to support it. Like any shooter just make everyone equal. This is a space shooter. Originally it was intended to operate like our pvp/pve. Its been abandoned. Just leave it the shooter. Give everyone geared out ship(s) and be done.

Why, you would get rofl stomped regardless, any new person would.

Knowing what a geared Gunship does vs. a Gunship with no upgrades is not fun and I am sure you do alright with a gunship. A stock fighter or stock Strike? Its like shooting spit balls.

Simply not true. It is lack of experience.

No one is going to play to level in GSF. Those of us who bothered on alts? I am annoyed. Oh great ungeared gunship. ungeared scout I don't want and ungeared strike. Which junk ship do I want to die in for this week. I pray for the oh... no one else has a geared ship.

Play like everyone and get some upgrades. Plenty of great pilots have put some guides together so you won't waste and req like we did in the beginning.

I'm sure we'd lose to the geared team. They play gsf. At least this would give those of us who have played as well a chance to help and maybe get a satellite and hold it so they cannot just farm the entire team.

This makes zero sense, you do not play as well, and you should lose.

Just putting it out their gsf moderator. You roll un geared in que on an alt. You should go against a geared team around 11pm eastern. Then rate your new player experience.

I'd give it a 1 out 5. Its too bad as GSF is ok once you have a descent ship. I wouldn't call it good or fun a lot of times, but its a space flight sim with star wars themes. As is with the gearing of ships?

Oh and I freely attempt to suiciding. I ask others to do it as well when I see the obvious guilded gsf players. I'd rather end the match fast in team death match then be farmed. Its like a lvl 10 in a lvl 65 wz. Ok. No shot. Just lose fast so we can get another match. Its better than trying to get a gsf queue to pop again.

You give up, and this is why you fail.

Edited by Mintas
Clarity

Simply modifying the game to grant enough requisition to have some measure of a geared ship to use would be very beneficial to the GSF players who enjoy the game and might serve to pull it out of the abandoned pile.

I've advocated for this for ground pvp, especially as an incentive to solo queue (i.e. queuing solo is riskier in terms of chances of success, so greater risk should equal more commendations), but it never caught much support from the vocal forum minority. I still stand by my suggestion. Regardless, I think you truly over-estimate the impact of gearing and the subsequent ability to prevent lopsided matches. That being said, while I suppose it is possible that faster requisition gain could lead to lazy pilots, content with their mastered ships to think they can simply dance through a GSF match and strike fear into the enemy, in truth there is probably little harm to increasing the requisition rewards.

Realize, however, that this was already done once, and re-occurs when double xp events occur, and neither the devs move to increase req gain from tokens, nor the doubled req gain from double xp event weeks, has made a significant impact on the GSF population long term. Observing this over the years, I think that the only two things that have truly increased the population have been conquest and now the Dark vs. Light event.

You give up, and this is why you fail.

I don't need to break down the entire thread.

If you gave my alt my geared ship I am 100% sure we'd have a satellite given the nature of the map and in domination I'd have enough firepower to make farming the ships at least get me some kills.

However, when my alt is in a match he's got a target practice ship to start.

I agree on the guy who said stop us from spawn camping. You are right. I cannot on the alt. I have no ability given the ship and team to do that. So we either suicide or hide depending on the match. I hope that is fun for you as for me it just wastes my time until I get credit.

I'd use the exit match if GSF was reliable to get another match quickly in those instances, but its not. Its a bad space shooter. That is ok. Don't mind it. Just make it a shooter and lets see how loopsided those matches are.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

I've advocated for this for ground pvp, especially as an incentive to solo queue (i.e. queuing solo is riskier in terms of chances of success, so greater risk should equal more commendations), but it never caught much support from the vocal forum minority. I still stand by my suggestion. Regardless, I think you truly over-estimate the impact of gearing and the subsequent ability to prevent lopsided matches. That being said, while I suppose it is possible that faster requisition gain could lead to lazy pilots, content with their mastered ships to think they can simply dance through a GSF match and strike fear into the enemy, in truth there is probably little harm to increasing the requisition rewards.

Realize, however, that this was already done once, and re-occurs when double xp events occur, and neither the devs move to increase req gain from tokens, nor the doubled req gain from double xp event weeks, has made a significant impact on the GSF population long term. Observing this over the years, I think that the only two things that have truly increased the population have been conquest and now the Dark vs. Light event.

Oh really I overeastimate the gearing. A geared GS will one shot kill most ships. A zero upgrade GS never even comes close. Lacks the firepower and escapability of the T3 ship.

My Bomber is almost impossible to remove from satellites compared to my ungeared bombers. My scout is nearly impossible to pin down and kill.

GSF is top-end loaded. The people who proclaim, look at me I can do good in an ungeared ship. So can you! Are only doing so to show off their giant E-peen. Its not based in reality. I can use the garbage ungeared ships and get a video of me doing good in a match against randoms too. Or the guilds that do that. Yeah they are still guilded with communications and play the mini-shooter constantly.

The gearing of ships only makes sense if this was truly a progression game with corresponding matching. EA/Bioware from day 1 knew that you couldn't put geared players in a system against ungeared players.

Hence it created bolster. It has expertise. It's got level matching.

GSF has none of that, yet has a huge gear gap. Hence my argument with the GSF crowd defending its current broken state with few active players and zero development towards the game.

Defend the status quo all you want on this mini-shooter. If Bioware wants more people to play it and have fun remove the gear gap entirely. Or put a ton of development into figuring out how to better balance matching for brand new toons created.

See you farmers laters. I've said my piece on this.

...if u are a good pilot u dont need any upgrade to win.

watch these video I have 2 upgrade on barrel roll so what 5000 ship reqisition?? its easy if u know how to aim..

That awkward moment when Krixarcs makes a valid point... :eek:

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

If you don't want someone farming on spawn, get a group together and stop them from farming on spawn. Or, y'know, stop spawning on the point where the other team is. It's really not that hard. Maybe it's not that fun for you, but if a team gets pushed back to their spawn point, it means they're going to lose. Doesn't matter if it's TDM or domination at that point. What do you want them to do, hold your hand and give you a sat so you feel better about losing? Let you have a pity kill so your score doesn't look so bad?

Edit: And no, I'm not even going to bother addressing the rest of that post. You're wrong, you've been told that you're wrong, you're being stubborn about it. Not my problem; I'll happily continue to farm people like you.

And you're more wrong. You and and people like you continue to turn new people away from GSF. So congratulations you and your brethren are the reason why no matter what other people do GSF will not grow and will get no further development time. You are killing the game you say you like. You are not the only reason, but you are the main reason. People not established in GSF keep telling the same story and your self-centered myopic mind can't assimilate the information. Now go kick a puppy or something.

And you're more wrong. You and and people like you continue to turn new people away from GSF. So congratulations you and your brethren are the reason why no matter what other people do GSF will not grow and will get no further development time. You are killing the game you say you like. You are not the only reason, but you are the main reason. People not established in GSF keep telling the same story and your self-centered myopic mind can't assimilate the information. Now go kick a puppy or something.

Yeah, shame on me. It's not like I put a ton of time and effort into helping people improve. I totally don't offer to answer questions in game. And that link in my signature? It's not really a guide, it's just a page mocking people for being bad. You caught me, Lendul. I exist only to kick new players and puppies.

You're defending this guy? Really? Have you read anything he's saying? He's beyond helping. It doesn't matter what we say. Even if he got what he wanted, he'd still whine about how we were being too hard on him. You can't help players like that, and I gave up trying a long time ago.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi