Conquest Reward Question

MassaBlasta

Hello all...

If a player leaves a guild after completing their conquest objectives for the week and joins another guild. Will they receive their rewards from the old guild the following week?

I don't want to lose what I have done, but want to make sure I can earn for the coming week in a new guild.

Thanks in advance...

You will not.

You also would lose your rewards if the week completes and then you are removed from the guild... essentially you get your rewards only if you complete the week and then log in while a member of the same guild.

No. Once you leave you lose those rewards, which means you will either have to:

• Remain in your current guild and receive the weekly rewards from that guild then quit, join your new guild, and wait a week before you can start to earn Conquest points in that guild, or
  • Leave your current guild now, which will preclude you from the weekly rewards, and join a new guild before the weekly rest so that you can start earning Conquest points in your new guild next week.

If you stay with your current guild in order to receive the weekly rewards you will miss next weeks weekly rewards. If you leave now you will miss this week's rewards, but will be able to earn next week's if you join a new guild prior to the weekly reset. Either way, moving guilds will result in you missing a week of rewards.

BTW, yes, people did point this out to BW when they decided to implement these changes and they were not interested in having a conversation with their player base.

Edited by ceryxp

BTW, yes, people did point this out to BW when they decided to implement these changes and they were not interested in having a conversation with their player base.

They were, but those people are not the entirety or the most important of people that play the game, even if they like to paint themselved that way. There were quite a lot of other people that demanded from BioWare to change how Conquest is calculated and to close several loop holes when it comes to point farming. And some of those people are quite happy with the current implementation of Conquest, myself included. I'm glad that the times of guild hopping without any consequences are finally over.

Edited by Phazonfreak

They were, but those people are not the entirety or the most important of people that play the game, even if they like to paint themselved that way. There were quite a lot of other people that demanded from BioWare to change how Conquest is calculated and to close several loop holes when it comes to point farming. And some of those people are quite happy with the current implementation of Conquest, myself included. I'm glad that the times of guild hopping without any consequences are finally over.

We must have very different understandings of the phrase "interested in having a conversation." David Staats posted about the changes on 15 January. The next two dev posts in that thread were from Jackie Ko reminding everyone to stay on target. The next, and last, dev post was again from David Staats, this one on 11 March, wherein David spoke about the Conquest objective changes. After the initial post on 15 Jan not a single thing was said about the probation period (I refuse to call it a grace period because it absolutely is not). There was not a single follow up post, not one of the suggestions for alternatives were addressed, not one of the many concerns that people presented were addressed, and the system went live exactly as it was presented. There was no conversation and once again players are penalized for the actions of a few.