defeat Vaylin's spirit.

kenbe

Fought and died about twenty times. As a gunslinger I have one interrupt distraction. The smugglers kick is gone. Vaylin does massive damage. I do tiny damage. Try to run to the heal blobs and you get bounced like a basket ball. Only way to stop that is escape but that has like a forever cool down after you use it. There has to be some clever game trick to defeat her but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Tried one person's suggestion of running up and down the stairs but I lose health too fast and die that way too. It seems like an impossible fight. Am I glitched or is there a secret to this fight?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fought and died about twenty times. As a gunslinger I have one interrupt distraction. The smugglers kick is gone. Vaylin does massive damage. I do tiny damage. Try to run to the heal blobs and you get bounced like a basket ball. Only way to stop that is escape but that has like a forever cool down after you use it. There has to be some clever game trick to defeat her but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Tried one person's suggestion of running up and down the stairs but I lose health too fast and die that way too. It seems like an impossible fight. Am I glitched or is there a secret to this fight?

I just did it on my sharpshooter gunslinger less then 8 hours ago, its an easy fight u just need to be in the 4m melee range because of her buff if ur not in melee range u take all of your damage, also entrench, shield probe, dodge on her knockback its an easy fight.

Dear lord. Another one.

Have you visited trainer?

What is the purpose of the trainer now anyway? "Go learn free abilties, even though a number of abilities simply appear on your quickbar as you level". It's right up there with requiring an item mod station to add augment kits, even though they are obsolete for everything else.

What is the purpose of the trainer now anyway? "Go learn free abilties, even though a number of abilities simply appear on your quickbar as you level". It's right up there with requiring an item mod station to add augment kits, even though they are obsolete for everything else.

The purpose is, OP complains how he got only 1 interrupt and his stun was removed. That shows the fact that he didn't visit trainer to get replacement stun, which is in-game and 10 meters. It also shows that OP lacks basic reading ability, so my advice was probably in vain.

But yea, just removing trainers and automatically granting abilities would probably help with all the idiotic "my skills got removed" posts. Those things are relics of time long past.

Edited by Frenesi

Finally just defeated her on my dps sage this morning after 3 hours trying last night. Did a lot of running, short burst attacks, cheap heals and bubble mixed with finding the little healer blobs.

I'd get her down to almost nothing then she would syphon me down to nothing from full health, she seems to take more the lower her health is. Or she would manage a push or some sorts ( not her overload though as I was watching for that) and I would go over the edge.

Thought we got lucky with the no stuns from the skytroopers til I faced Vaylin, omg.

The only thing I could manage to interrupt was the force burst (sometimes) so if you focus on interupting that and staying out of her immediate range for the spyhon and running for the hills when she sets off her overload, you might manage to wear her down eventually.

i got defeated the first time because of that knockback power she channels and i was caught out of position trying to get a health cloud.

the second time i went at it without an issue after adapting and correcting around the fight. otherwise it is a long dul fight and the only thing that makes it interesting is relying on helth clouds to show up with no gaurantee you can get to them.

Its generally a long fight, the toughest IMO.

Trick is to stay at the foot of the stairs, with her in front of you....if she is behind or on your side, move back and forth to get her in front of you. STAY VERY CLOSE TO HER. She reflects all damage that is not generated in melee range.

Watch her charges. When she reaches 30, she gets ready to go nuclear. RUN UP THE STAIRS at this point to the top, near the throne. It should miss, if it hits you will hit the back of the throne and be fine. Then move back down to the foot of the stairs.

Grab the green memory health things when they come close to you, then MOVE BACK TO THE FOOT OF THE STAIRS and stay there.

If you can manage this, you will eventually wear her down.

Edited by LordArtemis

I just did it on my sharpshooter gunslinger less then 8 hours ago, its an easy fight u just need to be in the 4m melee range because of her buff if ur not in melee range u take all of your damage, also entrench, shield probe, dodge on her knockback its an easy fight.

I have a sharpshooter too but I don't seem to have "shield probe" or "entrench". Could you be referring to something else? Thanks.

Freita or whatever your name is. Sorry, Not a full time gamer and acquainted with standard gamer protocols as well as you are apparently. Been at lvl 65 for months and haven't had a need of a trainer the entire time so I tend to forget about trainers. So when I start playing new content my very first thought is not "damn! I need to find a trainer!" I know that makes folks like me idiots in your eyes and I can't help your arrogant and stupid views of other people. Obviously you have not gotten past puberty and lack the ability to see the world through other people's eyes. Maybe a reminder from the game designers upon entering new content to check with a trainer. But thanks for the reminder about trainers even if you gave it in such an arrogant and condescending attitude. I will look into it

I have a sharpshooter too but I don't seem to have "shield probe" or "entrench". Could you be referring to something else? Thanks.

sorry i was thinking the sniper mirror moves, the sniper has a shield that they can deploy and crouch or something, its the same as the snipers shield probe and entrech, entrench/(GS name) prevents u from controling effects for 15 seconds so no pushbacks, shield absorbs damage, and dodge lets u avoid a force attack.

sorry i was thinking the sniper mirror moves, the sniper has a shield that they can deploy and crouch or something, its the same as the snipers shield probe and entrech, entrench/(GS name) prevents u from controling effects for 15 seconds so no pushbacks, shield absorbs damage, and dodge lets u avoid a force attack.

entrench = hunker down

What I hate about this fight is that every time I try and run I either just stand there OR i jump back to her over and over and cant get to the heals. I can't do enough damage to her. My heals rely on my hitting her. GIVE US A *********** SUBSTITUTE FOR A HEALING COMPANION. The Healing Memory things are not enough. Tough fight FINE. BUT This is BS. I cant even get her a quarter down and I'm DPS, I'd hate to do this as a Tank.

Perhaps the worst-designed boss fight in a game famous for its wonky fights. Seems to have been designed solely to extract money from players for repairs. And seeing how Crew Skills are now extinct, this should have a depressing effect on the in-game economy.

So for it's impossible to do on a Gunslinger. Vaylin takes negligible damage, even in melee range (which is idiotic for a ranged class, since they removed our few melee attacks), and she heals herself of any small injury you may do her. Additionally, she's invulnerable to interrupts, and if she was susceptible to your attacks, you spend most of the "fight" stunned, bouncing around, flying off the edge of the arena, or dead.

At this point, I don't even care how the story ends, especially since no further companions have been, or ever will be, returned to us.

Tried to kill her on assassin 12 times no luck.

As assassin i cant tank her, I cant deal dmg to her because she REFLECTS my crits (managed to kill myself with 1 backstab),

Cant stay away from her as her lightning have massive range, cant stand close to her as her aura deals damage.

Cant run around like headless chicken waiting for respawn of healing things as she can use her stun 3 M****F**** TIMES in row while neglectful cretins at EA forgot Unbreakable will has 2minute cooldown.

Cant repair my gear.

Cant actually gear up and get lvl 70 gear because cretins at EA decided to release the patch without ANY ******* balance testing what so ever so not only class damages are broken as shown by PVP, the game doesnt drop ANY loot to prepare ur fresh lvl 70 character for lvl 70 massive cheating beach.

All of that would be averted only by EA and biowere moving their heads from *** department, listening to people, releasing the patch 2 months early on PTR for masstest. But Noooooooo Misa Tooo important!

That fight was definitely the trickiest one I experienced. I used the several deaths to figure out the timing between the green healing puddles, which damage her, and their spawn points. I remained in that area mostly with my back to the staircase with the throne, getting as many melee hits in as possible while shielding and dmg reducing myself whenever those abilities came off cooldown. Once a puddle spawned I'd kite her over so she'd be the one soaking it first, then wailed on her some more and repositioned until the next puddle. I'd soak that one to heal myself back up and from there on rinse and repeat. Took me about 6-7 tries, think there's a bit of RNG to it as she has a knock back which not only throws you back but also eliminates the green puddle.

I used the trick of standing at the bottom of the stairs with my back to the throne, i got knocked back a few times but didn't go far because of the stairs. I didn't use any tactics at all and just stood toe to toe with her, however i had Lord Dramath as a healing companion so i didn't even bother with the green healing circles.

It was a touch annoying. I had her down to a third of her life left and she knocked me back off the platform to my death. Then of course it reset and I had to start over which sucked. This time around though, I wedged myself between the stairs and a light post or something, so there was no way I'd get knocked off, because I had my back to something solid.

Please tell me you who have died several times are talking about veteran mode and not story mode. Otherwise this might be the point where no amount of tips can save you from your lack of understanding of game mechanics or tooltips you never read on your enemies buffs. After playing up to the last chapter and still failing at something so basic would be embaressing.

Please tell me you who have died several times are talking about veteran mode and not story mode. Otherwise this might be the point where no amount of tips can save you from your lack of understanding of game mechanics or tooltips you never read on your enemies buffs. After playing up to the last chapter and still failing at something so basic would be embaressing.

Let me guess, you had Lord Dramath with you?

Or perhaps a class with a bunch of heals?

Wait, I got this all wrong, you are one of those elitist raiders! how silly of me...

Seriously, story folks don't understand the mechanics of boss fights because they don't want to have to understand them. If they wanted that, they'd play group content, or the new veteran modes.